New Penn | change of ops. letter for NPME

I have to doubt the legitimacy of this, If this is real why is it only in the New Penn system? Not on any news web site, Not on any trucking site, Not on TDU, Not on any union web site, Not on any of the financial web sites. Seems to be a scare tactic to me.

Was and article in the Lebanon Pa newspaper also

one quick question where did new penn page go to. trucking boards written us off as well

the whole family moved down here now
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Bwaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa HAaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaahaaaaaaaa spends all day surfing looking for cool clip art to use on internet forums....sad really...

Originally Posted by NP Driver1 View Post
Someone needs to get back on their meds. Stick to the ridiculous clip art.

oh man, I have to resort to the ridiculous clip art cause I don't know how else to say how ridiculous, how paranoid, how pathetic how uninformed how many so called left-wing teamsters have such absurd views that not only may cost you your job but that also cause a lot of
images

images

Journal of Commerce magazine story: YRC Worldwide Considering Closing New Penn | Journal of Commerce
--

YRC Worldwide Considering Closing New Penn
The Journal of Commerce Online
October 21, 2010

Regional trucker may "merge" with YRC if its employees reject concessions
YRC Worldwide is reportedly prepared to shut down subsidiary New Penn if Teamsters at the regional carrier reject proposed wage and pension concessions.

New Penn would be merged into YRC, the national less-than-truckload unit of YRC Worldwide, according to a change of operations proposed by the company.

"I am hopeful that this proposed change of operations ultimately will not be necessary," Jack Peak, senior vice president of labor relations and employment law, said in an Oct. 14 letter to union officials obtained by The Journal of Commerce.

If Teamsters at New Penn reject the concessions, however, their company would have "a significantly higher cost structure" than other YRC subsidiaries, he said.
"The company would not be in a position to maintain New Penn as a separate operation," Peak wrote to Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa.

The letter underscores just how hard the nation's largest trucking operator is willing to push to win approval of the concessions. New Penn and its regional sister companies Holland and Reddaway have outperformed nationwide YRC in recent quarters. YRC Worldwide Chief Operations Officer Michael J. Smid earlier warned a 'no' vote could shut down the entire company.

"The bottom line is that we have no future with a 'no' vote," said Smid, who is also president of the company's long-haul less-than-truckload carrier YRC.

The Lebanon Daily News, New Penn's hometown newspaper, first reported the Peak letter and proposed merger. The Teamsters union confirmed YRC Worldwide filed a proposed change of operations but didn't disclose its contents............................

Last edited by a moderator:
no worries guys could take month to revote revote revote till we get it right . by then holidays will be over with .
like every other plan they have they really dont have a plan except keep voting a moving people instead of freight

no worries guys could take month to revote revote revote till we get it right . by then holidays will be over with .
like every other plan they have they really dont have a plan except keep voting a moving people instead of freight

let's hope YRC is not in the chop chop mode..they are bashers and slashers
Freddy-Krueger.jpg