TForce | Change of uniforms

No, the terminal manager did not spread a rumor, he is my hubbys boss and told him first hand, the word came down to the TM by someone higher in the company. I called it a rumor because I didn't hear it firsthand. probably the two companies want to have a separate look to distinguish one from another and that may be all there is to it. All the UPS parcel workers my hubby has talked to have been very nice, just probably those at the top want to make a distinction. And as long as they companies are buying the uniforms, like I said before who cares what color they are. I think they should be pink,,lol.

I'm sorry, I don't believe this for a minute. (not saying that you did not hear this) just saying someone is spreading BS to see how far this will go. It came from a Truckload TM?

It would be nice if we all could work together; I sometimes help the ups driver at one of my stops. His freight is usually heavy, while I am being loaded with a forklift I would use my pallet jack to place his skids to the dock door so he could stay in the truck and load them, then when he can’t reach them I would spin the pallet for him. I look at it this way he is a fellow brother and someday I might need some help. The old saying what goes around comes around, it doesn’t hurt to be nice.

Thats nice of you stimpy, and if you look anything like that picture I'm sure he really appreciates it!

Well if we had to wear pink like SusieRyder wants this could be something that would cause me to turn in my retirement paperwork right quick.
The old Overnite Johnny reb gray,and union army blue was ok,now our Johnny reb gray tops,and UPS browns are something I've learned to live with,as long as I can stay clear of greacy air lines,light cords,and the bottom trailer nose corners.
But the color of pink would truely cause me to look into my rocking chair purchase,and call it a day in the trucking industry.

Jeez Apo, you think with 44 yrs in this business you'd learn how to steer clear of greasy air lines, it's your own unit, right?
I'm spotless each and everyday, gloves help, so do pin pullers.
Don't have a pin puller? Why don't you make one. You take the time to make dock ramps for BB&B, come on.

PS I just brike my first new years resolution, it didn't take long , only 19hrs 23 minutes

Well if we had to wear pink like SusieRyder wants this could be something that would cause me to turn in my retirement paperwork right quick.
The old Overnite Johnny reb gray,and union army blue was ok,now our Johnny reb gray tops,and UPS browns are something I've learned to live with,as long as I can stay clear of greacy air lines,light cords,and the bottom trailer nose corners.
But the color of pink would truely cause me to look into my rocking chair purchase,and call it a day in the trucking industry.

Apo-- I was only joking about pink..lol..:hysterical:

I'm sorry, I don't believe this for a minute. (not saying that you did not hear this) just saying someone is spreading BS to see how far this will go. It came from a Truckload TM?
That may be Steve, I say let's just wait and see if UPSF stays in brown and grey, personally I think there is adequate distinction in the UPS and UPSF as they are now, but I would not be surprised if UPSF in the future will be blue and grey.

That may be Steve, I say let's just wait and see if UPSF stays in brown and grey, personally I think there is adequate distinction in the UPS and UPSF as they are now, but I would not be surprised if UPSF in the future will be blue and grey.

Would the blue & gray have a UPS logo on them or a Overnite logo on them? Maybe they will just give us back our old blue and gray uniforms.

Nobody has to tell me their joking on these truckingboards.
All the time I spend on here I think I know everyone very well.
Most everything we do in trucking is just a big joke.
Just joking.
You know one of my old famous sayings is.
We truckers don't have to be crazy to be in this buisness but it really helps.

Now you see I've used the term (we).
This may just aply to myself,but anyone elses that feels that way I've got you covered as well.
Theres a bible verse that states,a merry heart doeth good like a medicine.
In other words we are a lot better off if we can deal with everything in our lives in a happy way.
With depression you need medicine,with happiness you just need to smile.

I spoke to a Conway driver that said their company was going to change their colors from white tops,and brown bottoms to the old Overnite blue,and gray,or gray,and blue,he's not sure.
But he knows they want a color change for their uniforms.

Maybe I'll go to their Conway forum,and ask if anyone has any more info on this topic.

Brown is an iconic color at UPS.
Brown will stay.
Trucks will stay the same (new color)
Unifoems will remain.

Alot of thought and research went in to the color change, except it to be around awhile.

Uniforms were meant to get dirty, that why the have laundry services and make detergents.
UPS is not going to change colors becuase they get dirty or becuase of a few whiny premadonnas that think their style is being cramped because Overnite is wearing brown.

I spoke to a Conway driver that said their company was going to change their colors from white tops,and brown bottoms to the old Overnite blue,and gray,or gray,and blue,he's not sure.
But he knows they want a color change for their uniforms.

Maybe I'll go to their Conway forum,and ask if anyone has any more info on this topic.

Yes, They will be changing their uniform colors and also there equiptment. I have scene some of there new painted trailers.

Jeez Apo, you think with 44 yrs in this business you'd learn how to steer clear of greasy air lines, it's your own unit, right?
Don't have a pin puller? Why don't you make one. You take the time to make dock ramps for BB&B, come on.

PS I just brike my first new years resolution, it didn't take long , only 19hrs 23 minutes

251, We can't use pin pullers on our 5th wheels. There is a locking dog flap that is attached to the 5th wheel that you have to hold open in order to pull the pin. So you actually have to touch and hold the 5th wheel before you can pull the pin. Now if we could get someone to hold the flap open for us, Then we could use the pin puller with out getting all greasy.

251, We can't use pin pullers on our 5th wheels. There is a locking dog flap that is attached to the 5th wheel that you have to hold open in order to pull the pin. So you actually have to touch and hold the 5th wheel before you can pull the pin. Now if we could get someone to hold the flap open for us, Then we could use the pin puller with out getting all greasy.

Dam that sucks those Huka skirts can hold a lot of grease, salt and slush and water not to mrention road dirt and tobacco spittle

Road drivers were not required to wear uniforms for AF / FedEx Freight until 3 years ago. Anyone in a company vehicle performing company business outside of a FedEx compound will be in a FedEx uniform. Only part-timers who work the dock are in civi's. Even full time dock guys are uniformed for the most part (because they have to have a CDL and back-up the P&D operation) but also to do dock deliveries and pickups since it is a customer. Look what we did to our uniforms, all used to have the color sleeve of the OPCO you worked for, not the only difference is the color of the little Ex on the left pocket. We are all the same in almost everyone's eyes.

Rob

Road drivers were not required to wear uniforms for AF / FedEx Freight until 3 years ago. Anyone in a company vehicle performing company business outside of a FedEx compound will be in a FedEx uniform. Only part-timers who work the dock are in civi's. Even full time dock guys are uniformed for the most part (because they have to have a CDL and back-up the P&D operation) but also to do dock deliveries and pickups since it is a customer. Look what we did to our uniforms, all used to have the color sleeve of the OPCO you worked for, not the only difference is the color of the little Ex on the left pocket. We are all the same in almost everyone's eyes.

Rob

I think this is what UPS wants too.

I think the uniforms are just fine, except we need a little adjustment to seperate us from the rest. How about a little brown bow tie and a brown handkerchief for the shirt pocket.

The one thing you do not have to contend with is O gears...You maybe s super trucker and all but one touch of these wonderful things and you got greese in places you didn't know you have......The air lines stick straight up by the handle you use to dolly down that wheel on the front of the gear....Besides being a union team driver when is the last time you had to hook a set???? With much love and all but had to ask the question......

The one thing you do not have to contend with is O gears...You maybe s super trucker and all but one touch of these wonderful things and you got greese in places you didn't know you have......The air lines stick straight up by the handle you use to dolly down that wheel on the front of the gear....Besides being a union team driver when is the last time you had to hook a set???? With much love and all but had to ask the question......

Two weeks ago, in Providence RI. Shifter was busy so he spotted the dolly for us and we hooked the set on the door waiting for the kitre to be loaded.

I'm not afraid of work, as long as I'm paid I'll do it.:smilie_132:

Two weeks ago, in Providence RI. Shifter was busy so he spotted the dolly for us and we hooked the set on the door waiting for the kitre to be loaded.

I'm not afraid of work, as long as I'm paid I'll do it.:smilie_132:

Are you implying that we are not paid to hook our sets ? We get paid 18 minutes to hook a set. If you know what you are doing...it takes about half that time.