TForce | Change of uniforms

I went to the Conway forum and asked them about their uniform color change.
One guy posted a picture of their new colors.
Their new colors are the old Overnite's.
Light tops with pin strip blue,and dark navy blue pants.
They get to have personal name patches on their shirts along with the Conway patch.
We can't have our own names,first,or last in any form on our shirts.
Just UPS Freight,and the UPS brand.
Funny we are issued safety pins,and we can't wear them anywhere on our uniforms.
Why don't they save their money on these pins we can't wear,and give us the money,so much a year for every year we drive safe?
Just a thought.

Are you implying that we are not paid to hook our sets ? We get paid 18 minutes to hook a set. If you know what you are doing...it takes about half that time.

WHERE in my post did I imply that?

You sound like someone with a guilty conquence.

Funny you sound like you're implying that most don't know what there doing hooking a set and can't do it as fast as you.
Last time I checked when I'm on the clock I take my time,do it right and safely hook the set. At the end on my trip there's a pay check not a checkered flag.

BTW, 37 minutes is required to hook a set using UPS techniques and guidlines. We get paid that and however longer we need.

They get to have personal name patches on their shirts along with the Conway patch.
Funny we are issued safety pins,and we can't wear them anywhere on our uniforms.
Why don't they save their money on these pins we can't wear,and give us the money,so much a year for every year we drive safe?
Just a thought.

Out west they have had the same color uni, light pin-striped shirt and dark blue pants.

Apo, Who told you that, your happy go lucky TM? You are allowed to wear I believe no more than two UPS Frt issued pins. Nothing else, like an old OTC safety pin, religous stance, political view, etc. according to the interpetations of generalizations rule book. Though once we go union, I will wear my IBT pin proudly and there is nothing they can do about it!!

Why yes thats right hugnlug.
My TM handed out our safe work service pins,and years of safe driving pins,at one of our monthly safety meetings last year.
We asked him where we could wear them.
He said we couldn't wear them on any part of our uniforms,because UPS doesn't want anything but the company name.
I asked then why did they bother giving them to us?
He didn't know.

I think the uniforms are just fine, except we need a little adjustment to seperate us from the rest. How about a little brown bow tie and a brown handkerchief for the shirt pocket.

Now you should keep those comment's to yourself, that almost threw me off of my chair.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Apo, Who told you that, your happy go lucky TM? You are allowed to wear I believe no more than two UPS Frt issued pins. Nothing else, like an old OTC safety pin, religous stance, political view, etc. according to the interpetations of generalizations rule book. Though once we go union, I will wear my IBT pin proudly and there is nothing they can do about it!!

NO ,NO, NO ,NOT THAT BOOK, SHAT, I WILL DEFINATLY HAVE NITEMARES TONIGHT ABOUT THE INTERPRETATION'S OF GENERALIZATIONS, TIME TO GO SEE MY SHRINK AGAIN.

Funny you sound like you're implying that most don't know what there doing hooking a set and can't do it as fast as you.
Last time I checked when I'm on the clock I take my time,do it right and safely hook the set. At the end on my trip there's a pay check not a checkered flag.

BTW, 37 minutes is required to hook a set using UPS techniques and guidlines. We get paid that and however longer we need.

I don't feel we get paid enough for drop and hooks. There is always a problem of some kind when hooking a set. Especially with the great maintenance program we have. If you look hard enough you will find a problem. Regardless of the pay, I take as long as it takes because its my a$$ if something goe's wrong. When I leave, I know its hooked properly and its safe to ride.

Rumor has it that the UPS parcel employees do not like the UPSF employees wearing brown in their uniform (pants/caps etc) and that UPSF may be changed soon to grey. Any one heard more of this?

NO. HAVENT HEARD BUT WHAT DIFFERANCE DOES IT MAKE, WE ALL WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY AND BUSTER BROWN CAN GET OVER IT, WERE HERE TO STAY.

Wear Pins

Just a thought.
YOU CAN WEAR THEM ON YOUR HAT. THATS WHAT WE WERE TOLD

Ok...truce. I can back a jo dog. That saves me time. At UPSF you get a flat 18 minutes to hook a set. I hook it,check the airlines and lites,kick and water the tires and I'm off. I am always in a freakin hurry.I just want to leave the yard ASAP. Out of sight,out of mind, ya know.

Two weeks ago, in Providence RI. Shifter was busy so he spotted the dolly for us and we hooked the set on the door waiting for the kitre to be loaded.

I'm not afraid of work, as long as I'm paid I'll do it.:smilie_132:

Glad to know you do something for all that mony you make......But one every other 2 weeks.....My odds would be pretty good not getting greasy too......I break and hook 4 times a night and got the coatliner to prove it....I also get paid for it but that wasn't the point now was it.....:tongue0015:

Difference here being clicks not clock....Clicks are set amounts and not well it took me from this time to this time....CLICK NOT CLOCK.....Jeez

Glad to know you do something for all that mony you make......But one every other 2 weeks.....My odds would be pretty good not getting greasy too......I break and hook 4 times a night and got the coatliner to prove it....I also get paid for it but that wasn't the point now was it.....:tongue0015:

LOL, I had 5 (1 hook,3 switches,1drop) last nite, and none of our equipment ever gets washed or cleaned! Then you pray everything works and you dont have to screw around with connections or climbing under anything! Good luck staying clean.:chairshot:

LOL, I had 5 (1 hook,3 switches,1drop) last nite, and none of our equipment ever gets washed or cleaned! Then you pray everything works and you dont have to screw around with connections or climbing under anything! Good luck staying clean.:chairshot:

Grease all down my right arm and back from the skirts. Coffee stains down the front from driving those smooth ride cornbinders. I don't even bother trying to keep the grease off anymore.

Grease all down my right arm and back from the skirts. Coffee stains down the front from driving those smooth ride cornbinders. I don't even bother trying to keep the grease off anymore.

LOL, no doubt the coffee is on your shirt because if you try to use the stupid cup holder on top of the dash it spills over the side and shorts out your radio:duh:. Drove home freshly serviced cornbinder last nite, big gobs of fresh grease getting scraped off the fifth wheel by the trailer and dripping off the frame and everything else.:TR10driving03:

LOL, no doubt the coffee is on your shirt because if you try to use the stupid cup holder on top of the dash it spills over the side and shorts out your radio:duh:. Drove home freshly serviced cornbinder last nite, big gobs of fresh grease getting scraped off the fifth wheel by the trailer and dripping off the frame and everything else.:TR10driving03:

Yes, this did happen to me once with the radio. I drove it all night with no radio, Bummer!!! Later I found out that there is a small pin hole on the face plate of the radio and this is a reset button. You need something small like a paper clip to stick in there and reset the radio.

Yes, this did happen to me once with the radio. I drove it all night with no radio, Bummer!!! Later I found out that there is a small pin hole on the face plate of the radio and this is a reset button. You need something small like a paper clip to stick in there and reset the radio.

I didnt know that but I'll look for it because mine's not working. Thanks Buster!