ABF | change or operation for all abf

mrabf

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone knows will there be a change of operation
I here some say in some areas they have to rebid soon
Does some one know!

Haven't heard a peep here but I expect to see some sort of changes. They may be able to make the changes without a COO with this new contract.

I haven't heard about any changes. But I did notice a lot of 53 ft rental trailers lately at some of the terminals I've' been to including mine. Maybe their getting ready for something big to happen I don't know.

Everything seems to be in a holding pattern until they find out what happens with yrc....

You bring up an interesting point in regards to YRC. Does the new ABF contract still have the same special memoranda that was hidden in the last contract? Like the unlimited use of utility drivers and outside cartage etc. in the event of a YRC shutdown?

Everything seems to be in a holding pattern until they find out what happens with yrc....
I think yrc and the holiday season are what are keeping the change on hold. Strictly my option, I have heard no information on any change. There is the possibility one is not in the works. I don’t believe it but it is a possibility.

I haven't heard about any changes. But I did notice a lot of 53 ft rental trailers lately at some of the terminals I've' been to including mine. Maybe their getting ready for something big to happen I don't know.
We've had 53' rentals for years and I don't quite understand this. I would expect owning would be a better way to go and the newer Great Dane trailers are nicer to work with. New doors and the slider mechanism is a better model.

You bring up an interesting point in regards to YRC. Does the new ABF contract still have the same special memoranda that was hidden in the last contract? Like the unlimited use of utility drivers and outside cartage etc. in the event of a YRC shutdown?
Don't need it in an MOU, it's in the contract...no YRC closure necessary.

We've had 53' rentals for years and I don't quite understand this. I would expect owning would be a better way to go and the newer Great Dane trailers are nicer to work with. New doors and the slider mechanism is a better model.

I know. We have a bunch in our P&D operation but I'm talking about 53's with barn doors that seem to be new. Ok that's it for I got to go do my U.E. Bid to 352.Hold the fort down ABFer while I'm gone.Time to make some big holiday money tonight.....less 7% that is!

Don't need it in an MOU, it's in the contract...no YRC closure necessary.

I didn't realize that the new contract allowed for unlimited use of utility and outside cartage. I wonder what the nons will come up with next to maintain their competitive advantage as the race to the bottom continues.

Reading the transcripts of the conference call, Judy said the give backs are a start but doesn't bring ABF back to historic profits. A system wide survey is being conducted with results to be implemented in the coming quarters after the new year. Not her exact words per say, but if you want to read the 3rd quarter conference call transcripts, you can google it. Good luck.

Reading the transcripts of the conference call, Judy said the give backs are a start but doesn't bring ABF back to historic profits. A system wide survey is being conducted with results to be implemented in the coming quarters after the new year. Not her exact words per say, but if you want to read the 3rd quarter conference call transcripts, you can google it. Good luck.
Times have changed and historic profits are...well...historic history.