SEFL | Change

if i were to work at SEFL my first answer would be no 53 footer in the city peddle runs.i do not know how some of your stuff gets delivered with the tight spots in city.volume and appointments go better with the larger trailer though.

I agree. The problem of not using them is in costing out.The more freight you put on that 53 that gets delivered, costs less than sending it on a 48ftr or that dreaded 40ft with a bum liftgate, in that area. What they do in wpb is when you return a shipment saying it must be on a 40ftr l\g to access safely that area, they put it back on a different runs 53 ftr too see if that driver will take a chance to access that limited access area and get it off. Some times that other driver will take that chance of injuring and or damaging someone or something in the process. Who is to blame: that driver who is the last "line of defense " BUT HE GOT THAT DELIVERY OFF!!!! Rite? I am the last line of defense so If i do not risk injury or property damage to make that all important delivery, oh well. I need to eat and shelter my family, if they do not get that u line delivery that day i will not loose sleep over it, we have the appropriate equipment to make that stop, so use it, do not use my lifeline instead!!!!

bsmjuem and all, do not put yourself into a position for preventable accident, look at every situation. You are all professional drivers that know your limitations, if X wants to place itself in a situation of danger let them. But also remember if a seasoned driver has accessed the same customer successfully in a 53, consult the driver for advice. Seasoned drivers are your last line of defense.

management

you must be management. we are paid to be safe. if you feel something is unsafe don't do it . it will cost you youre job. every once in a while someone makes it over niagra falls, or wins the lottery, or evan finds a needle in a haystack but what are the odds. !!!!!

bsmjuem and all, do not put yourself into a position for preventable accident, look at every situation. You are all professional drivers that know your limitations, if X wants to place itself in a situation of danger let them. But also remember if a seasoned driver has accessed the same customer successfully in a 53, consult the driver for advice. Seasoned drivers are your last line of defense.

holysmokes LETMRKNOW, you are truly a drivers friend!!!! Please understand that as daytripper has mentioned that shippment that went back out on a 53 ftr and was delivered was a fluke pure and simple!!!!!!!As to asking the the driver who made that delivery that was made undeliverable in a 53ftr dispatch conveinenly does not remember, remember the more knowledge one has the more undeliverable deliveies done unsaftley will be done all at southeasterns expence. LETMEKNOW, there is hope for you!!! Let me be your friend.....