SAIA | Changes at the top

No that blame lies with the head of the safety department
Yes Karla has got to go ! The culture at this company is fear and failure. The cameras have not been used for what corporate said they were intended for. How can your ceo say in a trade magazine that they decided against driver facing cameras and less than a year later we got em staring at us?

Old Dominion doesn’t have such a massive turnover problem. Things really don’t have to be this way and that’s the part I find frustrating. They need to take a good look at OD and their business model.

Last edited:
"Bad leadership and the declining company culture "

"Office politics make the best people quit"

Probably doesn't mean anything but interesting titles.

Likey coincidence, but those were his recently pinned articles.

To the poster that pm'ed me, NO. This person is NOT the individual mentioned in the other thread.

So, your company is short on drivers (self inflicted) and you expand into a new territory with this driver shortage, and you have loads just sitting due to your own short sightedness. And a LH VP is to blame because, why? I don’t get it. Please explain.

Or, I will haul some loads for you, but it ain’t gonna be cheap!

He is not the the one with the blame he is simply the one that has to explain why the freight isn’t moving while there is nothing he can do about it because there is not enough help. The head of safety and her ridiculous policies are the the ones to blame

He is not the the one with the blame he is simply the one that has to explain why the freight isn’t moving while there is nothing he can do about it because there is not enough help. The head of safety and her ridiculous policies are the the ones to blame
I hate to sound like a broken record but if Old Dominions head of safety doesn’t feel the need for such a heavy handed approach then why in the hell do we. They are who every LTL company strives to be like. They are the best in the business as far as being driver friendly and it shows in the numbers. Drivers go the extra mile because they feel appreciated. It’s hard to feel appreciated when you are constantly being harassed with camera related issues. We will never reach our full potential with driver morale at an all time low. It’s disgraceful.

Last edited:
So, your company is short on drivers (self inflicted) and you expand into a new territory with this driver shortage, and you have loads just sitting due to your own short sightedness. And a LH VP is to blame because, why? I don’t get it. Please explain.

Or, I will haul some loads for you, but it ain’t gonna be cheap!
Because any corporate entity will never accept blame.