FedEx Freight | changes coming in april

Ice, all drivers got caught up in the bs of the "merger". I have spent 17 years @ fedex and can tell you not all national guys are like the a-hole you have had to deal with. Was it fair when they dovetailed in senority? Corporate negotiated between the 2 sides and determined that was fair. Please don't get mad @ the national guys, get pissed at the fact that when watkins was bought out, they should have become fedex freight, not wait a few years and then decide to do it. I had several national guys go ahead of me here @ stl, don't hate the player, hate the game .most of the national guys are very professional and just want to get the job done and go home, just like you and i.

Thank u Elf. I know. Take care

The way the Natty guys dovetailed in was b.s. What can you do? Whats more b.s. is that dockworkers who became drivers have company seniority from day one. Again,what can you do?

Whats more b.s. is that dockworkers who became drivers have company seniority from day one. Again,what can you do?

This one's easy as I'm one of those who started on the dock and now I'm a road driver. The reason I have more COMPANY seniority than someone else is because I started WITH the company before them.

Now there are people above me on the road board that have worked for the company less time than I have because they got hired on as a road driver. Obviously my road board seniority date is how I bid runs, so I'm not seeing the BS part.

roog

roogie said:
This one's easy as I'm one of those who started on the dock and now I'm a road driver. The reason I have more COMPANY seniority than someone else is because I started WITH the company before them.

Now there are people above me on the road board that have worked for the company less time than I have because they got hired on as a road driver. Obviously my road board seniority date is how I bid runs, so I'm not seeing the BS part.

roog

I guess it only matters for bidding vacation. Still though,we have guys that were dock bidding vacation before a guy that has always been a driver? Its a good thing some of our office girls dont become drivers,they have been here longer than just about everyone.

I guess it only matters for bidding vacation. Still though,we have guys that were dock bidding vacation before a guy that has always been a driver? Its a good thing some of our office girls dont become drivers,they have been here longer than just about everyone.

Are you freakin kidding me. You think a person who has been with the company as a dock worker should not get to count that time as company seniority only because they weren't a driver. Get over yourself they worked for the company in a position that affords the ability to gain seniority they deserve it. We should go by company seniority any ways. Drivers aren't the only important position in this company.

I didnt think that my position was considered so out of the ordinary! Of course if you fit the description your fine with it. The two guys at my barn that went from dock to driver werent even full time.

Ice, all drivers got caught up in the bs of the "merger". I have spent 17 years @ fedex and can tell you not all national guys are like the a-hole you have had to deal with. Was it fair when they dovetailed in senority? Corporate negotiated between the 2 sides and determined that was fair. Please don't get mad @ the national guys, get pissed at the fact that when watkins was bought out, they should have become fedex freight, not wait a few years and then decide to do it. I had several national guys go ahead of me here @ stl, don't hate the player, hate the game .most of the national guys are very professional and just want to get the job done and go home, just like you and i.

:1036316054::smiliewhs::grouphug::guiness:

Eh, why not? We're only talking about warm bodies that relocated with their families from all over to work outta Childress

Now explain how it would make sense to move Childress to Lubbock, at this time DAL - CDS = 482 miles, CDS-CAM=518 miles total 1000 miles, LUB-DAL=628 miles, LUB-CAM=542 miles, total 1170 miles. Do you really think that it would be in the interest of the company to run an extra 170 miles per day per bid that would increase the cost to the company on just the Denver lane to close to 226,000 a year, not to mention the money that has been spent on the yard at CDS plus the cost to buy out the lease.

You guys that want one board are ********! So we will bid twice a year and you can choose to be a road driver one time and then bid to be the terminal manager for the next six months right?you city guys all want one board now that were running turns and home every day cuz you were all to scared to go and spend 16 hours in a hotel and drive at night

Now explain how it would make sense to move Childress to Lubbock, at this time DAL - CDS = 482 miles, CDS-CAM=518 miles total 1000 miles, LUB-DAL=628 miles, LUB-CAM=542 miles, total 1170 miles. Do you really think that it would be in the interest of the company to run an extra 170 miles per day per bid that would increase the cost to the company on just the Denver lane to close to 226,000 a year, not to mention the money that has been spent on the yard at CDS plus the cost to buy out the lease.
I've been with this company 12 years and over the last four I can't recall any decision made by corporate that has made any sense to me. Maybe they see some sort of savings in the long run by operating out of LBB like doing away with the red shirt salaries and benefits and not paying for a constant security guard at the gate in CDS. For the longest time there have been rumors that they were gonna move the LBB hub to AMA. Maybe thay have decided to try and justify keeping it in LBB by beefing up the road board there. Who knows. We have lost five drivers out of AMA in the last two months and they have not replaced them yet so something is coming. Again.

You can teak something just so much...

After awhile and at an undetermined point the tweaking efforts become redundant...overlapping and effectually canceling each other.

Then adding insult to injury the rank and file becomes so confused they have little or no idea of what the real focus of the entity is supposed to be.

This usually happens when a company becomes management top heavy...too many peeps trying to make their mark and justify their position.

Then there are those in authority that have absolutely no business being anywhere close to such responsibility. They lack the leadership skills required to hold such a position.

This company likes to promote from within...sometimes it shouldn't.

Just because you can load a trailer well and interact on a personal level with your superiors doesn't mean you are supervisory material.

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
I know two (former) drivers that over the last two years have lost their "driving privileges" for various reasons. Both were offered positions as red shirts in DAL. One of them lost his driving privilege due to getting a dwi. He obviously has excellent judgement and should be put in charge right?

I'm so excited about all these changes coming in April. This is almost as good as waiting by my mail box for my decoder ring I paid twenty five cents and three box tops for.

I'm so excited about all these changes coming in April. This is almost as good as waiting by my mail box for my decoder ring I paid twenty five cents and three box tops for.

LOl.....20 pages of crap started by someone with 17 posts that probably doesn't even work for FedEx! :LMAO:

Hello! I am looking for Ben Dover. he left something here for all of you.************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
imagesCATZOMVK.jpg