R&L | Changes in the Northeast?

chickenwing

TB Lurker
Credits
Is anyone else hearing about all the changes in the northeast that may be happening? HTF & NOT going to break. NEW losing the break freight.

there is no way HTF can be a break terminal. Too far for the western NY terminals to go. Now for NEW...that place is a disaster. NOT just built a huge new building with alot of room, only makes sense.

there is no way HTF can be a break terminal. Too far for the western NY terminals to go. Now for NEW...that place is a disaster. NOT just built a huge new building with alot of room, only makes sense.

I think the R+L thought would be to relieve pressure from NEW and have Eastern PA and south NJ to NOR and New England handled by HTF. As for the western NY terminals, there is only 1 (BUF) that would have an issue. SYR would be fine with a HTF break turn and BUF would likely switch to a meet and switch as a opposed to a turn to ALB like they do now.

well, if it came out of Bob's mouth..it must be true... Anyway, too bad for my boys in ALB to lose the break. Now who is going to wake up the inbound supv before the TM comes in???

Guess again.HTF is going to be made into a break terminal.

From what I understand. Changes are to go into effect on May 4th. I guess it's all part of the new LCV program in the northeast. HTF will use the drop lot in Springfield, MA and do lay overs in Buffalo.

NOT is the new Norristown terminal in Hatfield, PA.

they push it back to june 8. southbend will be a break terminal will run all the lcv in to it and out. madeing chicago come in to get the freight and bring freight back to it that going to the east. the terminal that will be effect is chi,elg, mil, and southbend

starting june 8th when all the effects take place it's looking like a disaster in the making!
They want the dock shut down by 10pm.....7yrs ago when we were doing 190 bills on a heavy night it was like 10:30pm, now were doing over 500 per night....don't think so.

Well,so far the change is killing our city productivity.Late line hauls are causing us to leave late(almost 11am today with a full pedal run) and having a hard time getting both deliveries and p\u's done.I hope they can pull their heads out of their asses soon.

Well,so far the change is killing our city productivity.Late line hauls are causing us to leave late(almost 11am today with a full pedal run) and having a hard time getting both deliveries and p\u's done.

Good. If you have a long route just find what hotels take Comcheks, take your good ole' time, and let whatever happens happen.

There was a time when I actually cared about this job, but when I leave as late as I've been leaving here lately? And half the load ends up coming back? Nope, don't care no more. I got all day. I have hotels on my route.

I don't know about all that. I sure don't pack a bag with clean underwear to go out with city freight

I haven't either so far, but I'm 2 - 2 1/2 hours from the terminal when I finish and if I run out of hours, either someone's picking me up, or I'm going to a hotel.

We have some guys that finsh farther away than that.

They'll either send someone out to come get you or have you towed home, I know, been there, done that.
Gots to get that freight to the yard.

Here's the kicker tho, when they send a driver out to you, you'll still get to drive.
The driver will bring you a non-cdl type vehicle to drive back. At my terminal, it'll either be the shop's pickup or a saleman's Impala. :TR10driving03:

Slingblade I don't know where you run but if you a city driver and you are that far out from the terminal I hope you don't have to get back quick.