R&L | Changes in the Northeast?

Heard yesterday that they are pulling back on some of the changes. BOS,HTF and MAN are going back to previous linehaul. No more meet and greet in HTF.

They'll either send someone out to come get you or have you towed home, I know, been there, done that.
Gots to get that freight to the yard.

Here's the kicker tho, when they send a driver out to you, you'll still get to drive.
The driver will bring you a non-cdl type vehicle to drive back. At my terminal, it'll either be the shop's pickup or a saleman's Impala. :TR10driving03:

It is still illegal,it is company vehicle used in commercial enterprise. You have to be relieved of DUTY,,, no driving anything company.

Heard yesterday that they are pulling back on some of the changes. BOS,HTF and MAN are going back to previous linehaul. No more meet and greet in HTF.
On our end they cut the drivers pay so much that we have already lost a number of GOOD DRIVERS ,with more looking to go.

They'll either send someone out to come get you or have you towed home, I know, been there, done that.
Gots to get that freight to the yard.

Here's the kicker tho, when they send a driver out to you, you'll still get to drive.
The driver will bring you a non-cdl type vehicle to drive back. At my terminal, it'll either be the shop's pickup or a saleman's Impala. :TR10driving03:

Well, whaddya know? It happened.

Thanks to our idiot dispatchers, I got to spend the night in a hotel this week.

I was in a town 2 1/2 hours from the terminal with 5 more deliveries, and he hits me with a pickups back where I started at, 2 hours in the other direction. Frankly, I'm tired of having to explain to the s.o.b. the logistic diffculties I tend to run into with pickups in the size area that I cover so I figure "why not?"

I told him I'd have to go after it now to get there before they close because of how far back the other way it is. He says "okay, no problem."

2 hours away, load one skid, 2 hours back to see what else I could still deliver. Finished about 11 PM. Called in and told them not enough hours to get back, since as far as I'm concerned dispatcher stupidity doesn't justify invoking the 16-hour rule, and getting a room. They said "okay, just drop those 4 deliveries in the morning before you come back, we'll put someone else on your route, and we'll use you for pickups the rest of the day".

That was 2 days ago, and I'm still laughing about it...

Morons... What an absolutely pathetic operation this is getting to be.

jcw - good news. There are some changes coming with pay. Just hang in for now. New drivers won't be starting at 15 bucks. In some areas it might be close to 18-19.

jcw - good news. There are some changes coming with pay. Just hang in for now. New drivers won't be starting at 15 bucks. In some areas it might be close to 18-19.
Some have taken up to 300 a week hit and moved on and I know of another driver who will getting another cut come monday. I am working the same number of hours right now for 150 less . I was fortunate to be able to bid back in the City or i would have lost almost 400 a week and i would have been out the door TOO.

It is still illegal,it is company vehicle used in commercial enterprise. You have to be relieved of DUTY,,, no driving anything company.
A shop truck does not fall under the guidelines of a CMV it does not have a DOT number.. Also the driver has been relived of duty since the driver is no longer dispatched for that load.... Part 395: Hours of service of drivers

Part 390: General
Part 390: General

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle—

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

(2) Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or

(3) Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or

(4) Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.

I'm not sticking up for R+L or a driver but please have the right info. I also don't agree with having to drive the shop truck back to the yard. I've never had too and don't plan on it.

But Rubber Duck, most(and it should be all) times it is city guys, and legally not relieved of duty while driving back.
I know about the commercial truck definition, but many DOT officers do not read it that way.
There are also issues with shop trucks, (sales cars aside) that should have DOT numbers for the weight rating. Along with the definitions of "relieved of duty".
As long as it is logged on duty not driving, and it doesn't weight too much, 99.9% of the time you will be fine. But I'm usually in the 0.1% group.
To clear the relieved of duty issues, when i was there, it was 2 guys going to get the truck. One to drive commercial and usually a dock worker to drive the pickup back.