ABF | Changes Passed

Did you expect anything less? I cant think of a "so-called" change commitee where anything was debated. This is just an expensive excuse for overpaid out of touch meeting to smoke, laugh, drink. Never a thought given to lost jobs as long as higher ups are protected. New Young Leadership needed..

Did you expect anything less? I cant think of a "so-called" change commitee where anything was debated. This is just an expensive excuse for overpaid out of touch meeting to smoke, laugh, drink. Never a thought given to lost jobs as long as higher ups are protected. New Young Leadership needed..
No I didn’t. I knew it would pass from the beginning. Why should those assholes sitting on the committee worry about us dues paying members? Guys like Lendon Grisham have their cushy jobs, they could care less. I hate to say it and never thought I would, but with the way freight has been run over the years, every dues paying member in a right to work state should stop paying dues. Maybe that would get their attention, who knows....

I do not like the cozy relationships our Union leaders, stewards, etc have with ABF. While they say its a need, i say it conflicts. I dont propose not paying dues, I propose we vote out the Hoffa regime and any local officials that support him. It takes us to do it, talking, getting involved, getting non interested members to engage. They thrive off of low vote turnouts. Hoffa expects and plans on this. It almost cost him. Next election hopefully will be different, but start now!!

I also believe that these guys in office should have term limits. When they keep getting re-elected, they get cozy with the company. I also believe that these guys in office should be on an active seniority list. A lot of these guys retire and start collecting their pensions while in office and will never have to work under these bullshit agreements they’re shoving down our throats. If they did maybe they wouldn’t be so quick to force them upon us....

Totally agree.. In it for the good ole boy stature of it, pay for hunting trips, lake homes. UGGGHHHH