New Penn | Changes ???

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Rumor has it that changes are coming in January. Possible realignment of terminal coverage,and terminal locations. There is also a rumor of an influx of USF freight due to impending terminal closings in NY. The closings are only rumor I have no facts. The terminals in question are Syracuse and Albany. Anybody know whats going to happen?

Agreemnet with the IBT and Holland expires Jan 07.

This agreemnt was form the re-hiring of all ex RedStar drivers at newly established or re-opened terminalsd in the areas that RedStar closed.

Look for Holland to open more in New England in the coming months with the agreement expiring.

Rumors of the move of the Cranston RI terminal to the old RedStar terminal in Cumberland RI has been moved again to later in Febuary.

Chances are Holland and New Penn will share Cumberland as spring approches. This came from the hall.

Holland will have the upper hand being able to hire at the bottom rate.......I smell a rat

Was told by salesperson that New Penn will start picking up shipments for the midwest in January. This freight will go to HOLLAND FOR DELIVERY. This will put us in competition with Holland for all National freight. If this happens something gotta give.

Good news

Hey, the part about the midwest freight going to Holland sounds good. Why give the freight to Alvan and for that matter why not give your southern freight to Holland also instead of Wilson and keep the revenue in the YRC family of companies. I know Holland and RedStar had a tremendous amount of freight going between Atlanta and the Northeast.

landair makes pickups in newengland for holland one to two trailers a day going midwest the freight always has holland written on it maybe new penn will start picking it up i still think holland will open up the northeast after jan 1 when agreement with teamsters ends all new hires at 75% newpenn watch this one

i have a question about picking up for Holland : i pick up daily a skid or two from a particular customer. when i get there she tells me she's not sure she can give me the frt. i asked her why and she said she's not sure us and Holland can get it to Louisville,KT. turns out she was right. i sat there as she called our trm. for a quote and they couldn't give her one. i was assuming KT wasn't a problem for us because i have recieved pickups before going to that state and never once was i told not to pick it up anymore. she then calls UPSF and they told her they could get her 150lb. skid there for $101 :hysterical: are they f*cking serious ! from NY to KT $101. im glad we didn't get the frt. anyway, i thought Holland serviced KT.

i have a question about picking up for Holland : i pick up daily a skid or two from a particular customer. when i get there she tells me she's not sure she can give me the frt. i asked her why and she said she's not sure us and Holland can get it to Louisville,KT. turns out she was right. i sat there as she called our trm. for a quote and they couldn't give her one. i was assuming KT wasn't a problem for us because i have recieved pickups before going to that state and never once was i told not to pick it up anymore. she then calls UPSF and they told her they could get her 150lb. skid there for $101 :hysterical: are they f*cking serious ! from NY to KT $101. im glad we didn't get the frt. anyway, i thought Holland serviced KT.

KY is serviced by Holland but it looks like it's not one of the service points for New Penn.

NP_MAP.jpg

KY is serviced by Holland but it looks like it's not one of the service points for New Penn.

NP_MAP.jpg

i understand our service map but if Holland services it why not just pick up the frt. ? like i said before, i've never been told not to pick up any frt. going to KY. so the question now is what did NP & Holland do in the past with that frt. ?

may be in new year u will see usf banner on new penns equipment,as isaid was my opinion few months ago,usf new penn, does it sound better than usf red star,thats rite red stars gone my old job for 17 yrs ,do i hold resentment i sure do

i understand our service map but if Holland services it why not just pick up the frt. ? like i said before, i've never been told not to pick up any frt. going to KY. so the question now is what did NP & Holland do in the past with that frt. ?

Even though I am a road driver I did see the signs on the dispatch windows not to pick up freight for Kentucky. Part of our interline agreement with Alvan, and others, must have excluded Kentucky from the service areas. I believe this was more then a year ago, perhaps two years now.

Even though I am a road driver I did see the signs on the dispatch windows not to pick up freight for Kentucky. Part of our interline agreement with Alvan, and others, must have excluded Kentucky from the service areas. I believe this was more then a year ago, perhaps two years now.
the signs were posted when new penn switched interling from dayton to alvan.

those signs were never posted in Maspeth but if they were, they were probably ripped down by some of my ignorant co-workers. they have a habit of taking things off the dispatch window and bulletin board. we got some real dumb motherf'ers down here.