Central Transport | Chaos in Dallas

fair... is it fair that some vitran drivers make more than some ct drivers? Did you once say how unfair that was? No I bet you didn't! The reason some of you don't have runs is because you merged into a ct terminal and the run you used to do went to another ct terminal,so what is ct supposed to do? Give you a guys run that's hes been doing for years,just because your run didn't come with you! That's the reason ct drivers are staying on their runs. "Guys like me" is the reason ct has their reputation? What... you don't like that I stand up for ct drivers? Guys like you keep this back and forth thing going! First you talk bad about ct, then you say nice things on ct board, and now that things haven't worked out the way you thought it would your back to talking bad about ct. Your the main one and your supposed to be in the middle as the moderater? All you do is flip flop,one day ct is not the same as before, now its the worst because place because your doing shuttles? Then you put bad language on tb....the moderator!!!! You ask did I read your post? Not only did I read it I read through them! You have done the same thing I've done on tb stand up for your drivers the only difference is you pretend to be down the middle, and act like your this good natured guy thats here to help all. You are as bias as I am if not worst because you pretend you not! Show me once were you said it not fair vitran drivers make more than some ct drivers, but your quick to say why should ct guys keep their runs, this has always been about keeping and taking jobs from ct drivers that's why you kept talking about dovetailing. You would love to keep your pay if your run doesn't come with you bid on our runs and start times, I call it how I see it. If its not about that than what is it about?

We as drivers or dockworkers or office workers had no say what so ever in any of wages, routing, dovetailing, insurance or anything CT, Rob Stamper told us. His words, his meeting told us how we would work side by side with CT drivers, when it is not happening, we complain. Go figure. Spoken as a true salesman. Sell the deal, try to keep them here through the transition. Hoping that our highly paid, still below industry standards drivers help them deliver the extra freight that the CT drivers obviously can not handle by themselves.

RT did not ask to my knowledge to be the moderator, he was chosen. Thus, he shows his human side of trying to multi task with his emotions on a very tough issue. Since you can read through peoples thoughts so well, you should cut him some slack. Just like some of us try to see your side of things. I am sure you are not the spokes person for all CT drivers and some of us cut you some slack for trying to defend our new company. Maybe you also would like to make the wage, as would I of our senior drivers and not topped out at $20.50 since we all do the same work.

Last edited by a moderator:
want a good route and start time..... just show that you are worthy of keep[ng......all contracts when it the merger is complete. just wake up all..not going to happen....:bananag:

fair... is it fair that some vitran drivers make more than some ct drivers? Did you once say how unfair that was? No I bet you didn't! The reason some of you don't have runs is because you merged into a ct terminal and the run you used to do went to another ct terminal,so what is ct supposed to do? Give you a guys run that's hes been doing for years,just because your run didn't come with you! That's the reason ct drivers are staying on their runs. "Guys like me" is the reason ct has their reputation? What... you don't like that I stand up for ct drivers? Guys like you keep this back and forth thing going! First you talk bad about ct, then you say nice things on ct board, and now that things haven't worked out the way you thought it would your back to talking bad about ct. Your the main one and your supposed to be in the middle as the moderater? All you do is flip flop,one day ct is not the same as before, now its the worst because place because your doing shuttles? Then you put bad language on tb....the moderator!!!! You ask did I read your post? Not only did I read it I read through them! You have done the same thing I've done on tb stand up for your drivers the only difference is you pretend to be down the middle, and act like your this good natured guy thats here to help all. You are as bias as I am if not worst because you pretend you not! Show me once were you said it not fair vitran drivers make more than some ct drivers, but your quick to say why should ct guys keep their runs, this has always been about keeping and taking jobs from ct drivers that's why you kept talking about dovetailing. You would love to keep your pay if your run doesn't come with you bid on our runs and start times, I call it how I see it. If its not about that than what is it about?
I never once cussed at you so I really don't know what your talking about on that issue. I did edit that post because I am trying to get along...Maybe I do flip flop from time to time but all that shows is I'm human...I could defend everything I write on here but it's pointless when all you will ever do is come back with a bad attitude...See in my mind that's part of who you are...Your looking for trouble, your looking to be right. You are looking for problems. You want things to get worse. You want to be right....The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind. 3000 we all are on the same path. We're just on different places along the path....If we can learn to work together perhaps things can be fair for all including the pay. And BTW 3000 I'm not saying that all CT drivers should be bumped off their routes but what I am saying is that we all must make sacrifices. Stamper said things would different than what they have turned out to be.

time to start dropping union cards throughout the entire c.t. system and start voting, now is the time because they're at a vulnerable spot.

I never once cussed at you so I really don't know what your talking about on that issue. I did edit that post because I am trying to get along...Maybe I do flip flop from time to time but all that shows is I'm human...I could defend everything I write on here but it's pointless when all you will ever do is come back with a bad attitude...See in my mind that's part of who you are...Your looking for trouble, your looking to be right. You are looking for problems. You want things to get worse. You want to be right....The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind. 3000 we all are on the same path. We're just on different places along the path....If we can learn to work together perhaps things can be fair for all including the pay. And BTW 3000 I'm not saying that all CT drivers should be bumped off their routes but what I am saying is that we all must make sacrifices. Stamper said things would different than what they have turned out to be.
I got a bad attitude? Lmfao! So if I disagree I'm with you and others that complain about ct I want problems and don't want things to get better!and the state of my mind is the reflection of my life? You got nerve! Mr. Flip flop I stand for what I believe in, I'm a man ! when I'm right I'm right and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't try to paint this picture that I want trouble because I disagree with you! Your a hypocrite and you don't like it when someone points it out, you guys would love it if I got on here and added on with the negative ct talk! And btw rt if this is not about taking jobs what is it about? Don't sit here and tell me we need to make sacrifices then cry about being treated unfairly,because your not crying about making more money...... this makes your whole argument hypocritical.

So CTI what I'm getting from you is all ex Vitran employees should just except everything they have lost in this transition lay down an shut up an be glad to except whatever CT throws at us? Maybe you should look at what we were told was going to happen an what is really happening,then maybe you would understand why so many are upset. I'm sure if things were reversed you would have no problem with it.

Two weeks into the full integration Dallas has seen major improvement. We still have a long way to go but things are getting better. Whether I stay or not at this point depends on if I get a route or not. Out of the 60+ P&D drivers I fall into the top of the seniority list so I should have a route. But they don't have to do the right thing, they can do what they want be it right or wrong. They did do a full dovetail like I said from the beginning when most said they wouldn't. And that was right, so there is hope. The reason most P&D drivers in Dallas are way at the top of the seniority list is because up to around 2 months ago you had to work the dock and that caused massive turnover. Those days are gone unless you choose to work the dock...Yet again, they are doing the right thing. I have been up and down about this buyout but I have decided to stay as long as they continue to move in the right direction. The perception of this company can change. Many drivers attitude can't so as we move forward in this transition many need to access their future here. For the ones that choose to leave I would like to give you some advice on your move. Never leave a job for the wrong reason. Never leave because want to turn your nose up to us that choose to stay and think you are better than us...Leave arrogance behind and try to learn humility and wish us the best. God will slap you down if you leave for the wrong reason. Take that for what it's worth. Try to leave as our P&D driver Butch did after being here 13 years...As he quit this past Wednesday and walked down the ramp for the last time weeping uncontrollably I stopped him with an tear in my eye and gave him a hug...Butch said I wish you guys the best but I just can't grasp the scanner...It's just too much for me...God will truly bless our fallen brother...He's a good man. And understands humility all too well.

rt you was right about the dovetailing, but as I said ct does not bid on runs or start times,the problem is ct has been trying to please both vitran and ct employees. They told the vitran guys they wouldn't loose any pay, and they been honest about that. When then the vitran guys got the assurance they were going to keep the same pay, the next thing they wanted was to dovetail in which by all means meant you guys wanted the jobs!Most guys thought they was going to walk in and push all the ct drivers to the bottom! And now that ct didn't guys are whining? A lot of guys been with ct since they started hiring company drivers, and you want them to treat them like they mean nothing?you guys have a level of arrogance that's unreal! You guys want everything !!! Then you talk about ct perception? What about how your perceived? Ct reads these post. Think about that and enjoy your holiday.

I don't want everything....Dude did you even read my post. I don't expect special treatment but I do expect things to be fair...Why should CT drivers get to stay on their routes with no changes while Vitran drivers get all the BS.....Whatever dude....guys like you are the reason CT has the reputation it has today. And BTW 3000 I never once thought I would come in and push guys around.

Rob stamper told us that we would run our routes along side of the ct drivers routes. A total lie told by Stamper, we are not trying to push ct drivers off their routes. Just want Stamper to walk the talk. You were not at our meeting, so obviously you have no clue as to what his comments were.

as I read through alot of these messages it's obvious alot of things have been promised in meeting betweens CT management and the incoming Vitran employees. In essence it has been the Vitran employees that have been the one's to make the change to Central's mode of operation. I cannot believe that any Central Transport driver would really believe that Vitran employees would be left without jobs. That wouldn't happen. Yes Central's reputation from the past few years has not been the greatest. I can tell from reading most of Runaway Trains' posts that he too has had to make some adjustments that on somedays he accepts and on other days he is saying as alot of Vitran's employees are saying that it's a little tougher adjusting than they thought. Working for a company and their particular system for so many years and then making an abrupt change can bring on alot of stress. Change is tough on anybody moving from one company to another. Many BAD companies feed off of that mindset and are able to for lack of a better word "abuse" the employee because he or she doesn't want to "make change". These companies know and understand this. The PAY THING is something Central has chosen to accept. I guess Centrals' drivers don't realize it was the same mindset at Vitran and many other companies that they give better pay in some areas......I don't like that concept but it does exist.

Let's talk about Stamper for a moment....his reputation at Vitran was not the greatest amongst the employees he supervised. Terminal managers have a job to do but it's up to them to keep a level of integrity in the words they use and how they treat employees. Not alot he can do about what Central has brought to the table. He needs a job just like everyone else.

As far as the routes go yes some runs have been eliminated since various terminals do runs that in this case Vitran Dallas did. They no longer exist. In the case of Dallas I personally believe that as this merger moves forward Central Trans DLS will find out more about the guys who did certain areas and make an effort in seniority to keep drivers where they are use to running. Won't happen in a week but within a month via seniority Central will make an effort to plug some leaks.

Making a job change does affect those changing jobs and can take a long time to adjust to. I don't work for Vitran or Central but I do know Vitran was a mess.

As far as the Runaway Train goes he has always seemed to be a pretty good person trying to be accomodating to others in this forum.....maybe not always taking the company side but not always taking co-workers views either. When a person comes into the truckingboard forum we take our chances that some are not going to like what is said. Some agree...some disagree....and some don't care one way or another. I am on the outside looking in but I do know just from reading alot of posts that Train is not an agitator nor disrespectful.....just my take.

Good luck to all of you on this initial transition period....especially the Vitran employees forced to make a job change....I don't think I would like the adjustment.

I got a bad attitude? Lmfao! So if I disagree I'm with you and others that complain about ct I want problems and don't want things to get better!and the state of my mind is the reflection of my life? You got nerve! Mr. Flip flop I stand for what I believe in, I'm a man ! when I'm right I'm right and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't try to paint this picture that I want trouble because I disagree with you! Your a hypocrite and you don't like it when someone points it out, you guys would love it if I got on here and added on with the negative ct talk! And btw rt if this is not about taking jobs what is it about? Don't sit here and tell me we need to make sacrifices then cry about being treated unfairly,because your not crying about making more money...... this makes your whole argument hypocritical.

So just what is your point?

as I read through alot of these messages it's obvious alot of things have been promised in meeting betweens CT management and the incoming Vitran employees. In essence it has been the Vitran employees that have been the one's to make the change to Central's mode of operation. I cannot believe that any Central Transport driver would really believe that Vitran employees would be left without jobs. That wouldn't happen. Yes Central's reputation from the past few years has not been the greatest. I can tell from reading most of Runaway Trains' posts that he too has had to make some adjustments that on somedays he accepts and on other days he is saying as alot of Vitran's employees are saying that it's a little tougher adjusting than they thought. Working for a company and their particular system for so many years and then making an abrupt change can bring on alot of stress. Change is tough on anybody moving from one company to another. Many BAD companies feed off of that mindset and are able to for lack of a better word "abuse" the employee because he or she doesn't want to "make change". These companies know and understand this. The PAY THING is something Central has chosen to accept. I guess Centrals' drivers don't realize it was the same mindset at Vitran and many other companies that they give better pay in some areas......I don't like that concept but it does exist.

Let's talk about Stamper for a moment....his reputation at Vitran was not the greatest amongst the employees he supervised. Terminal managers have a job to do but it's up to them to keep a level of integrity in the words they use and how they treat employees. Not alot he can do about what Central has brought to the table. He needs a job just like everyone else.

As far as the routes go yes some runs have been eliminated since various terminals do runs that in this case Vitran Dallas did. They no longer exist. In the case of Dallas I personally believe that as this merger moves forward Central Trans DLS will find out more about the guys who did certain areas and make an effort in seniority to keep drivers where they are use to running. Won't happen in a week but within a month via seniority Central will make an effort to plug some leaks.

Making a job change does affect those changing jobs and can take a long time to adjust to. I don't work for Vitran or Central but I do know Vitran was a mess.

As far as the Runaway Train goes he has always seemed to be a pretty good person trying to be accomodating to others in this forum.....maybe not always taking the company side but not always taking co-workers views either. When a person comes into the truckingboard forum we take our chances that some are not going to like what is said. Some agree...some disagree....and some don't care one way or another. I am on the outside looking in but I do know just from reading alot of posts that Train is not an agitator nor disrespectful.....just my take.

Good luck to all of you on this initial transition period....especially the Vitran employees forced to make a job change....I don't think I would like the adjustment.

Very nice post.

Thank you Slugger for the compliment. I really do try to not be negative or biased but as with anything in life people have their own perception of things. Perhaps at first I made some negative comments regarding CT but as of late I don't recall anything disrespectful. I have really moved on but some just can't let things go.....Many others say things negative in regards to CT but really I have remained neutral in my statements. For some reason he wants to attack me personally and I'm OK with that. I really try to learn from the past, rather than repeating it and making references to it all the time. If you practice maintaining your composure, and remember that someone else's behavior belongs to that person and cannot upset you unless you allow it to do so, then you will not become an unwilling target....Thanks again Slugger.

Thank you Slugger for the compliment. I really do try to not be negative or biased but as with anything in life people have their own perception of things. Perhaps at first I made some negative comments regarding CT but as of late I don't recall anything disrespectful. I have really moved on but some just can't let things go.....Many others say things negative in regards to CT but really I have remained neutral in my statements. For some reason he wants to attack me personally and I'm OK with that. I really try to learn from the past, rather than repeating it and making references to it all the time. If you practice maintaining your composure, and remember that someone else's behavior belongs to that person and cannot upset you unless you allow it to do so, then you will not become an unwilling target....Thanks again Slugger.

sometimes we have to pick our battles. I saw one I needed to address. it's only been a couple weeks since the actual transition took place and obviously it has been an adjustment period for both the Central Drivers and the Vitran employees. I personally feel it's a job change for the Vitran employees more so than the Central drivers. For them it is business as usual except for the fact that alot of new employees now have more seniority than they have. Let's face it....when it comes to LTL companies in DFW....same job just a different name on the door. Some have better pay...some better benefits....for those of you that have made the transition from Vitran....now is probably an opportunity to see if Central Transport is where you want to work. Slow time is coming up and most of you should "WINTER" down for now. When things begin to pick up again in March or April.....then is the time the good drivers make change....for now....winter down....enjoy the holidays.....relax....you will be fine I am sure. Enjoy the long weekend.

Bug

It's always nice to get a new poster on this site with a new perspective. You are man of intelligence and integrity...I think I will know by March or April the direction I need to take. I will give this company every opportunity to convince me to stay....Because you see it's drivers like us they truly need to turn this company around.... Central Transport stands on the threshold of something that can become truly great with the purchase of Vitran...Many won't agree with me but that is nothing new.... I learned long ago when people stand up for something they believe in they often get the most abuse....But let me assure you I can take it. I'm going to "winter down" and relax and enjoy the holidays...And I will be fine however this plays out...My CDL is perfect....My CSA is too....My MVR is perfect......And I will be ready to roll if things go wrong.

One last thing slugger...You'll hear psychiatrists talk about living in the past. No one can truly live in past. You can only live in the now, using up now by reminiscing about the past, or feeling bad about the past....I am starting to focus on what I do have and not what I don't have. Things could be so much worse. At least that's my take.

sometimes we have to pick our battles. I saw one I needed to address. it's only been a couple weeks since the actual transition took place and obviously it has been an adjustment period for both the Central Drivers and the Vitran employees. I personally feel it's a job change for the Vitran employees more so than the Central drivers. For them it is business as usual except for the fact that alot of new employees now have more seniority than they have. Let's face it....when it comes to LTL companies in DFW....same job just a different name on the door. Some have better pay...some better benefits....for those of you that have made the transition from Vitran....now is probably an opportunity to see if Central Transport is where you want to work. Slow time is coming up and most of you should "WINTER" down for now. When things begin to pick up again in March or April.....then is the time the good drivers make change....for now....winter down....enjoy the holidays.....relax....you will be fine I am sure. Enjoy the long weekend.

Bug
I like that term....."Winter down" ......Good one my brother Bug.

Train my respect for you grows with each and every post. A lot could be learned from a guy like you. Your approach to this situation is so level headed and philisophical that you cant help but admire it. Being a born worrier, I know for certain I wouldn't be able to maintain the attitude and demeanor that you have. My best wishes to you and all of your fellow employees.

Train my respect for you grows with each and every post. A lot could be learned from a guy like you. Your approach to this situation is so level headed and philisophical that you cant help but admire it. Being a born worrier, I know for certain I wouldn't be able to maintain the attitude and demeanor that you have. My best wishes to you and all of your fellow employees.
Thank you my brother, it's nice to know that some appreciate the things I bring to the table.