Holland | Concessions Again

Kilroy965

TB Lurker
Credits
This is based on just 40 hours per week and 52 weeks a year.
Here is your proposed raises for the tentative agreement
Year one. $1.00 per hour. Equals
$2080.00 per year
Year two. $.70 per hour. Equals
$1456.00 per year
Year three. $.35 per hour for 6 months
$364.00
$.70 per hour for 6 months
$728.00
$364.00 + $728.00 = $1092.00 per year
Full $.70 for the year is $1456.00 this is a loss of $364.00 for the year
Years 4 and 5 are broken down the same
Year 4 and 5 we get split total of $1248.00 for the year and should be if we got the full raise in April instead or being split $1664.00 this is a loss of $416.00 for the year. Now I don't know how you are going to vote but for me and make no mistake about it I need the insurance my wife is sickly and has cancer again but I am tired of taking it up the ass so I am voting NO NO NO and if they shut it down then so be it. At some point we have to take a stand and stop the insanity. However you are going to vote is up to you but for gods sake please VOTE this is your future and don't forget about your pension..........sorry there is no pension

And thats only some of the problems with this contract READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES I have lost over $135,000.00 dollars in my pay the last 10 years........how much have you lost.......The only people to profit from this is management.......remember after the last MOU was passed they wanted to purchase ABF......I'm tired of all of it. This is only 1 problem with this contract.

the worst part isnt even the "pay raise", its the fact theyre basically splitting the barns and hiring non cdl dock workers, guaranteed massive cut in overtime and two tier pay system resulting in less pay for anyone working near or over 60 hrs. not to mention the fact that most employees DO NOT have a retirement contrbution under this agreement, 25% of nothing is nothing.

Kinda scratching my head at “ concessions again” title.
How is a $4.00 per hour raise a concession?

Got a week vacation back, no concessions there

We don’t have the $80/ week the company tried to get for our insurance premiums.No concessions there.

This puts us within around.40 cents per hour of ABF when contract expires.
Not that it matters ..we aren’t ABF.

OUR union leadership, union accountants, union economics advisers have all told us there is not a penny more to give and keep the company viable.

Looking at the operating ratio for the last 10 years who can doubt them?

This bravado of pounding our chest and saying let them close is foolish pride.
I’ll say it again

Pride cometh before destruction

How foolish we will look voting for this company to close.Those that are lucky enough to get a job at a non union line will be poster boys for
Why not to have a union.

You’ll have 25 year olds with more seniority than you the rest of your life.
I hope it will all be worth it.

Most of our city guys make 65k to 80 k.We have several dock workers that made over 85k with free ( and kick ass) insurance.Most will never see that again.

By the way brother I truly hope your wife gets better and am sorry to hear about her illness.

We don’t have the $80/ week the company tried to get for our insurance premiums.No concessions there.

OUR union leadership, union accountants, union economics advisers have all told us there is not a penny more to give and keep the company viable.

I’ll say it again

How foolish we will look voting for this company to close.Those that are lucky enough to get a job at a non union line will be poster boys for
Why not to have a union.

Most of our city guys make 65k to 80 k.We have several dock workers that made over 85k with free ( and kick ass) insurance.Most will never see that again.

By the way brother I truly hope your wife gets better and am sorry to hear about her illness.

85k that is 22.4 hours ot every week.

Any word of equal sacrifice for all.... and I mean all employees of yrcw???

It's a legitimate question. It was not enforced the last time.

I asked this question on a different thread...

Does anyone have a answer for my question?

I would like to hear and see the facts about this issue.

But your pension didn't.
I agree, Nice shot
Bet you'll be glad when we go out of business too, I got my own brothers who want the same so you can't disappoint me or ruffle my feathers, but like us, what about your pension for the vested time you have, you don't mind spiting your face just to get a good laugh at our downfall, I for 1 want my coworkers and their families as well to not be unemployed without insurance looking for a job at the bottom of somebody's board, but laugh all you want and in the back of your evil head, just know some of us prepared for this very day

I agree, Nice shot
Bet you'll be glad when we go out of business too, I got my own brothers who want the same so you can't disappoint me or ruffle my feathers, but like us, what about your pension for the vested time you have, you don't mind spiting your face just to get a good laugh at our downfall, I for 1 want my coworkers and their families as well to not be unemployed without insurance looking for a job at the bottom of somebody's board, but laugh all you want and in the back of your evil head, just know some of us prepared for this very day
I agree, Nice shot
I never said I wanted anybody to go put if
I agree, Nice shot
I never said I wanted anybody to go out of business exactly the opposite. I'm saying if the union want ever address the main problem instead of throwing some money at people then why vote for it at all.

Please please let me work Saturday to make up for what I should already be making.
Mind set of the weak and ignorant.

If they're willing to work Saturdays, let them.
I wish I had their motivation .I certainly wouldn't call a man weak and ignorant for working extra for their family.
They would probably be doing it at top pay too.
No entitlement mentality there.

I’ll say it again

Why not to have a union.

SERIOUSLY? YOU WILL SELL YOURSELF OUT FOR 4 DOLLARS? WHERE IS THE 15 PERCENT THAT WAS STOLEN FROM US? THE PENSION IS ANOTHER THING. I RETIRED FROM HOLLAND WITH 25 YEARS AND A TOTAL OF 33 YEARS IN THE TEAMSTERS. YET YOU SOB's WANT TO SELL US OUT FOR A LOUSEY 4 DOLLARS. WHICH WILL PUT YOU STILL BEHIND THE NON UNION CARRIERS. GO AHEAD YOU AND THE REST OF THE MEASTERS.

SERIOUSLY? YOU WILL SELL YOURSELF OUT FOR 4 DOLLARS? WHERE IS THE 15 PERCENT THAT WAS STOLEN FROM US? THE PENSION IS ANOTHER THING. I RETIRED FROM HOLLAND WITH 25 YEARS AND A TOTAL OF 33 YEARS IN THE TEAMSTERS. YET YOU SOB's WANT TO SELL US OUT FOR A LOUSEY 4 DOLLARS. WHICH WILL PUT YOU STILL BEHIND THE NON UNION CARRIERS. GO AHEAD YOU AND THE REST OF THE MEASTERS.

You are retired, and you find it in YOUR best interest to tell us the working guys to not be sold out for 4 bucks. What do you think would happen to pension funds if 25,000 Teamsters stopped paying in? I think you should stop and think before you spew out comments that could severely damage your way of life and many others.
Thank you for your years of service, but wish us the best and enjoy YOUR retirement.

I ain’t selling out :shit:t.The 15% wasn’t stolen and just about everyone on here stayed the entire 10 years.
You call $27 bucks per hour with no overtime,no job protection and
:shit:ty insurance ( compared to ours) better .You can kiss my ass pal.Dont come at me with your bravado bullshitt.I don’t like what’s happened any more than anyone else.

When the union leadership tells us they have done the very best they can possibly do and with what they are giving us it’s going to be a struggle AND that if it gets voted down they project a closure within a month,due to lost revenue ,I’m listening to them not some loudmouth retiree calling people measters who just want to keep their union job.
If you are so friggin smart why don’t you call the IBT and tell them all about your theories.