FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

cheech wizard

TB Lurker
Credits
Remember guys that want to vote yes but are afraid, this is a secret ballot only you know how you voted.you can remain anonymous thru the whole process,from vote to contract to retirement.

Remember guys that want to vote yes but are afraid, this is a secret ballot only you know how you voted.you can remain anonymous thru the whole process,from vote to contract to retirement.

Exactly. No one but you will know how you vote. Remember all the stuff that has gone away after the talk of organizing. I overheard they will be back and you can bet with a vengeance.

Well it may be anonymous that's great but what you fail to point out is the only thing we have to gain from being represented by the MESTERS is paying dues. We have more to lose that gain if we vote yes so remember you have the right to vote NO even if you signed a card.

Well it may be anonymous that's great but what you fail to point out is the only thing we have to gain from being represented by the MESTERS is paying dues. We have more to lose that gain if we vote yes so remember you have the right to vote NO even if you signed a card.

You know I hear all the time we have more to lose. Just what do we stand to lose explain please so we can all understand. Don't just make a blanket statement. Just exactly what will we lose? And yes a person has a right to vote any way they want. It's called a secret ballot for a reason. Even if they didn't sign a card they can vote YES. But please explain what we will lose.

Company paid insurance sure does sound good to me.. When everyone's is going to increase January 1.... That will put a couple of dollars in the WalMart account...

You know I hear all the time we have more to lose. Just what do we stand to lose explain please so we can all understand. Don't just make a blanket statement. Just exactly what will we lose? And yes a person has a right to vote any way they want. It's called a secret ballot for a reason. Even if they didn't sign a card they can vote YES. But please explain what we will lose.
As I have explained multiple time it's going to be a give and take do I need to spell out the examples for the yes people again. Here it goes say you want more money hourly they say ok but we're going to take a weeks vacation. That's one example here is another you want better health insurance ok we are going to take two bucks an hour. So that's not a blanket statement I've covered it before but for the sake of people reading into what they want to people you need to educate your self and not let someone do it for you and remember you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

I agree, it's a secret ballot so those drivers, city and road, that feel they're being pressured by their peers to vote "yes", even when they don't want representation, it's ok to go behind the curtain and vote "NO"...your peers won't know the difference!!!

As I have explained multiple time it's going to be a give and take do I need to spell out the examples for the yes people again. Here it goes say you want more money hourly they say ok but we're going to take a weeks vacation. That's one example here is another you want better health insurance ok we are going to take two bucks an hour. So that's not a blanket statement I've covered it before but for the sake of people reading into what they want to people you need to educate your self and not let someone do it for you and remember you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

And as people have explained to you multiple times you don't negotiate backwards. And you don't pay dues until you ratify a contract, IMHO we have so much more to gain such as a written rules that can't be changed to fit the company needs, and yes better insurance, and also a better pension, one that isn't underfunded and a SEPF. Not going to worry about the pay I believe that will come along as well. And please don't say FedEx can't afford all this. We are the largest most profitable ltl carrier going, or don't you believe Bill Logue?

Remember this: The only thing FedEx Freight drivers are guaranteed without a contract is their last paycheck.

you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

Why? Why should I vote NO, if I signed a card.. If I signed the card, the wheels are moving... If I didn't want the union, I would have thrown the card in the reps face and told him to go peddle his snake oil somewhere else.. Naw, I call BS on that "white cloud" campaign.. I signed a card, I'm voting Yes... "Les we all band together, we shall perish as fools"......

And your statement is not all together true either.. Let's say the union gets the YES vote, and you reside in a RTW state, and you don't join, then they do know who the NO votes are... Be clearer in your campaign so people will actually be told the truth....

Last edited by a moderator:
And as people have explained to you multiple times you don't negotiate backwards. And you don't pay dues until you ratify a contract, IMHO we have so much more to gain such as a written rules that can't be changed to fit the company needs, and yes better insurance, and also a better pension, one that isn't underfunded and a SEPF. Not going to worry about the pay I believe that will come along as well. And please don't say FedEx can't afford all this. We are the largest most profitable ltl carrier going, or don't you believe Bill Logue?

Where do you get your numbers that the pension is under funded show me let me guess the water cooler at the union hall. Also keep in mind we gave a 401k match ask the union guys if they have that. You misquoted me I didn't say go backwards I said a give and take. Remember you have the right to VOTE NO.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse! IF you get a yes vote, what makes you think you're going to ratify a contract? Overnite went seven years and NEVER got a contract! There is no UPS out there that is willing to swoop in and buy us up.....and don't even think YRC, they couldn't even afford to buy ABF when it was offered to them back in March of 2013! FedEx is a bigger company with deeper pockets AND every company speaker, including the CFO/Negotiator Don Brown has told you the company will NEVER agree to ANYTHING that's not in the best intrest of the company! What does the union bring to the table to negotiate with in exchange for whatever it is you're asking for? ALL they bring is YOUR job, which YOU already have, and the threat of a strike....and if anybody is dumb enough to strike without a contract that has a clause that protects YOUR job, then you deserve to be permanatly replaced with replacement workers!
As for me, what we've got may not be they best but I'm not willing to give up what I'VE ALREADY GOT in exchange for "we'll "TRY" to get you better."

Why? Why should I vote NO, if I signed a card.. If I signed the card, the wheels are moving... If I didn't want the union, I would have thrown the card in the reps face and told him to go peddle his snake oil somewhere else.. Naw, I call BS on that "white cloud" campaign.. I signed a card, I'm voting Yes... "Les we all band together, we shall perish as fools"......

And what fedex terminal do you not work at. Funny how you gave all this insight yet you don't work here.

Charlotte drivers don't listen to some union busting moron who drinks the purple kool-aid!!! Vote yes and all the other centers in the south will follow your lead!!!! Don't listen to all the lies the company is telling you......STAND STRONG!!!

I signed a card but I signed it out of anger. Once I cooled down, listened to both sides, and did my own research, I decided that the union just isn't for me. We must remember that there's three sides to every story. In this case you have the pro-union side, the anti-union side, and somewhere in the middle is what you believe to be the truth!

Charlotte drivers don't listen to some union busting moron who drinks the purple kool-aid!!! Vote yes and all the other centers in the south will follow your lead!!!! Don't listen to all the lies the company is telling you......STAND STRONG!!!
Charlotte drivers, don't "listen" to ANYBODY! Do your own homework and vote for what YOU believe to be the best situation for YOU!

if you had more to lose than gain, the union wouldnt sign off on an inferior CBA. more spooky stories from management.....

you act like the union is going to bargain backwards, thats not the way it works...