FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

I'll give you the "do your job" point. The issue, for me is, while doing our job as expected, over time the conditions of employment become altered, or don't keep up with the market. In effect the terms change. Now we do have the option to leave, when that happens, but that kind of relationship offers little in the way of consistency or stability, for the employee.

Your wife likely prefers a contract. You, on the other hand, may not. Figuratively speaking, of course.

So what your saying is a marriage is a contract well how misinformed you are biblically speaking a marriage is a bond between a man and a woman not a contract.

Nope driver and always have been no idea where you get that from. Oh hold on have to assign a pick up call but I have no drivers there all on there union break. Sorry mister customer you will have to wait until one of my drivers gets off his union break to make your pick up.
Never seen a device not accept a pickup request while an employee is either on lunch or break. Does working through your breaks and lunch get you a gold star from the boss man? Maybe if more and more work through their breaks and lunch, the company can take that away also?

Nope driver and always have been no idea where you get that from. Oh hold on have to assign a pick up call but I have no drivers there all on there union break. Sorry mister customer you will have to wait until one of my drivers gets off his union break to make your pick up.
So tell me Mr dispatcher, are you the genius that sent all your drivers to break at the same time?

Oh hold on have to assign a pick up call but I have no drivers there all on there union break. Sorry mister customer you will have to wait until one of my drivers gets off his union break to make your pick up.

I don't know were you dispatch out of but this is grounds for termination and we have had 1 driver fired over it

NO BULL POOP and you better call HR and get yourself a copy of company policy before you get handed your last check.

No union needed for those rules ... ITS THE LAW out here and HR is quick on the button.

The time clock asks everyone when the punch out if they were able to take their breaks and lunches blah blah blah... dont know if that is the case there but it is out here.

Last edited:
About 225$ a month if that's ok with you.

Yuck, and that's just insurance??? How much yA put in your 401k..... Better put that in an IRA account before the company comes and takes what they put in back!! I'm sure it's just rumor but I heard they can do that!!! ???

Well it may be anonymous that's great but what you fail to point out is the only thing we have to gain from being represented by the MESTERS is paying dues. We have more to lose that gain if we vote yes so remember you have the right to vote NO even if you signed a card.
You shouldn't worry about Charlotte. You don't work there. They called us.And we responed.Don't want us and we don't want you fair enough.

Well they could have mandatory break times but that would get everyone's panties in wad.

Ever hear of staggered start times to alleviate those problems? Another of those pesky, restrictive, work rules that management can't seem to grasp. Our barn has 12 start times for dock and city. Would that be impossible for FedEx management to handle?

Ever hear of staggered start times to alleviate those problems? Another of those pesky, restrictive, work rules that management can't seem to grasp. Our barn has 12 start times for dock and city. Would that be impossible for FedEx management to handle?

12 start times? Sounds like the company had to build the business in a manner to accommodate the needs of the employee rather than the customer. Geez

Sounds to me more like the company wanted those start times to satisfy every customer at any given time of the day or night.

I've walked the docks for many many years and never been on one that required 12 seperate start times. That's a new shift every 2 hours.

Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sounds non-productive as hell but hey, that's what the union is all about.

I've walked the docks for many many years and never been on one that required 12 seperate start times. That's a new shift every 2 hours.

Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sounds non-productive as hell but hey, that's what the union is all about.
Nice to see your math skills are improving. Unproductive for those that can't manage I suppose?

They can have up to twelve or choose not to. We are talking about a large break bulk with a line and city operation combined. Damned the pesky Unions who allow folks to have a regular life with their families anyhow!