FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

Could you speak for our customers? We for damned sure do our very best to satisfy their needs at any given time of the day!

With my small business sometimes being on the receiving end of a union driver force (UPSF) I certainly can. It sucks!!

Example: I get deliveries from a producer of merchandise that uses the union company above to transport the material. This material is time sensitive. There have been many times my product it loaded and ready for delivery. (I know this because believe it or not drivers like to talk about each other) but it can't be delivered. Why, because the load is assigned to a "senior" driver that is scheduled to start at a specific time. I'm not talking about a little city drop here. I'm talking about the entire trailer load is coming to me.

Being a driver myself I say put someone underneath it and roll. Time is money.

I've walked the docks for many many years and never been on one that required 12 seperate start times. That's a new shift every 2 hours.

Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sounds non-productive as hell but hey, that's what the union is all about.

Now it's the union's fault they have so many start times? We've had as many as 10 different start times, not counting unassigned/flex. That would be at a little old FedExFreight center. Seeing issues where there are none?

Now it's the union's fault they have so many start times? We've had as many as 10 different start times, not counting unassigned/flex. That would be at a little old FedExFreight center. Seeing issues where there are none?

You see normalcy....I see opportunities to streamline and be more efficient.

With my small business sometimes being on the receiving end of a union driver force (UPSF) I certainly can. It sucks!!

Example: I get deliveries from a producer of merchandise that uses the union company above to transport the material. This material is time sensitive. There have been many times my product it loaded and ready for delivery. (I know this because believe it or not drivers like to talk about each other) but it can't be delivered. Why, because the load is assigned to a "senior" driver that is scheduled to start at a specific time. I'm not talking about a little city drop here. I'm talking about the entire trailer load is coming to me.

I would think this would be a good time to talk to you about our guaranteed 10:30am delivery service.. For a reasonable upcharge, we can have it to you early guaranteed.
I think the union carriers offer something similar.

Damn shame you have there. Sounds like a management problem to me. Did you upgrade your service to a time sensitive status or were you just hoping all the stars would line up in the universe to make it happen? UPSF can push their run up or back if I am not mistaken. Maybe you should switch to YRC and utilize our 12 start times? We do offer expedited service if you are willing to pry your wallet open.

Damn shame you have there. Sounds like a management problem to me. Did you upgrade your service to a time sensitive status or were you just hoping all the stars would line up in the universe to make it happen? UPSF can push their run up or back if I am not mistaken. Maybe you should switch to YRC and utilize our 12 start times? We do offer expedited service if you are willing to pry your wallet open.

Switch from UPSF to YRC?? That would be throwing good money after bad. I have made arrangements with the manufacture to have it picked up myself. I can cut put the middle man and reduce unnecessary transportation cost

I would think this would be a good time to talk to you about our guaranteed 10:30am delivery service.. For a reasonable upcharge, we can have it to you early guaranteed.

We most certainly do. We can even provide a guaranteed window service and have it there between the hours you specify. Look at us letting our customers shop and compare on a message board. Isn't life grand?

Switch from UPSF to YRC?? That would be throwing good money after bad. I have made arrangements with the manufacture to have it picked up myself. I can cut put the middle man and reduce unnecessary transportation cost
I'm sorry to hear that. If you have never tried our service, now might be a good time. Would you like me to provide the toll free customer service number for your next expedited shipment? Let me know.

Nice to see you were able to see the error of your ways and actually move forward. Why you didn't do this awhile ago is beyond me.

What? You have been preaching for days that FedEx and the union can't "guarantee" anything but now all the sudden you are throwing out guarantees.
No thanks

I'm sorry to hear that. If you have never tried our service, now might be a good time. Would you like me to provide the toll free customer service number for your next expedited shipment? Let me know.

Nice to see you were able to see the error of your ways and actually move forward. Why you didn't do this awhile ago is beyond me.

I was temporarily blinded by promises of a union promises.

So you would do everthing to save money and streamline your life to be more efficient but not have the same mindset when it comes to your job.

I see.
Oh, so you answered for me? Why thank you but that is not at all my mind set.

I work for a large company and I continually provide management with ideas on how to be more productive. It is up to them to embrace the ideas or not.

Sounds to me like you dropped the ball and are looking for someone to point the finger at.

That is exactly what I just did.....did you read the post before you replied?

I said I (pointing finger at self) was temporarily blinded. Temporarily meaning that moment has passed, I can see, I'm better now.

I personally think your full of crap, no shipments are held up for a senior mans start time!!! All the senior men have 4:00 am start times at our place!! So you and I both know that is BS!!!

I think you stepped on your pecker on this one!!! Again BS!!!

That is exactly what I just did.....did you read the post before you replied?

I said I (pointing finger at self) was temporarily blinded. Temporarily meaning that moment has passed, I can see, I'm better now.
Oh I see, your poor management of this shipment is now their fault? Just keep pointing that finger at yourself. There were many different solutions for your problem, you were a little slow on the draw Tex.