FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

Charlotte drivers, don't "listen" to ANYBODY! Do your own homework and vote for what YOU believe to be the best situation for YOU!
This is something I can agree with. Every person has to vote for what they think is best for them. It's not about what I want or anyone else on here. Yes educate yourself and then decide what's best for your situation. If that is a no vote, then so be it, I will shake your hand (if we ever meet) and say no hard feelings. You have the right to vote without fear of retaliation from anyone whether it's is the pro or anti side. So good luck and God bless.

Charlotte drivers, don't "listen" to ANYBODY! Do your own homework and vote for what YOU believe to be the best situation for YOU!

Then why you on here telling them to vote no......Don Brown has already told you that health insurance is going to get worse. Our pension is a HUGE joke!! We have carriers making $2 more an hr than us but you want people to just be happy with it. We made more money than any other ltl carrier but we get paid like wal-mart greeters!!!! I been here almost 20 yrs and this company has gone to crap!!!

I think you're putting the cart before the horse! IF you get a yes vote, what makes you think you're going to ratify a contract? Overnite went seven years and NEVER got a contract! There is no UPS out there that is willing to swoop in and buy us up.....and don't even think YRC, they couldn't even afford to buy ABF when it was offered to them back in March of 2013! FedEx is a bigger company with deeper pockets AND every company speaker, including the CFO/Negotiator Don Brown has told you the company will NEVER agree to ANYTHING that's not in the best intrest of the company! What does the union bring to the table to negotiate with in exchange for whatever it is you're asking for? ALL they bring is YOUR job, which YOU already have, and the threat of a strike....and if anybody is dumb enough to strike without a contract that has a clause that protects YOUR job, then you deserve to be permanatly replaced with replacement workers!
As for me, what we've got may not be they best but I'm not willing to give up what I'VE ALREADY GOT in exchange for "we'll "TRY" to get you better."

overnite went 7 years, and is now the HIGHEST paid ltl carrier out there. fred is their direct competitor, he can afford a little bit better insurance and retirement for you guys.....

I signed a card but I signed it out of anger. Once I cooled down, listened to both sides, and did my own research, I decided that the union just isn't for me. We must remember that there's three sides to every story. In this case you have the pro-union side, the anti-union side, and somewhere in the middle is what you believe to be the truth!

And that's your prerogative, but are you campaigning for NO votes? I see you asking questions and that's good, you should... Always question authority, no matter who the master may be...

As I have explained multiple time it's going to be a give and take do I need to spell out the examples for the yes people again. Here it goes say you want more money hourly they say ok but we're going to take a weeks vacation. That's one example here is another you want better health insurance ok we are going to take two bucks an hour. So that's not a blanket statement I've covered it before but for the sake of people reading into what they want to people you need to educate your self and not let someone do it for you and remember you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

For the sake of people you need to educate yourself and not let someone do it for you.
Examples are just that examples and don't mean squat.
And remember you can vote Yes even if you did not sign a card.

I signed a card but I signed it out of anger. Once I cooled down, listened to both sides, and did my own research, I decided that the union just isn't for me. We must remember that there's three sides to every story. In this case you have the pro-union side, the anti-union side, and somewhere in the middle is what you believe to be the truth!

you didnt sign it out of anger. you signed it because you knew it was the right thing to do. just like voting yes.

Then why you on here telling them to vote no......Don Brown has already told you that health insurance is going to get worse. Our pension is a HUGE joke!! We have carriers making $2 more an hr than us but you want people to just be happy with it. We made more money than any other ltl carrier but we get paid like wal-mart greeters!!!! I been here almost 20 yrs and this company has gone to crap!!!
No one is keeping you here. That door you walked through when you applied for your job swings both ways! If you're so disgruntled with your pay, bennies, etc..., then you are free to leave, you're not a slave, again, no one is keeping you here.
I did see where ABF has a sign out in front of they're building saying that they're hiring, I can give you directions if you would like.

you didnt sign it out of anger. you signed it because you knew it was the right thing to do. just like voting yes.

Typical pro-union rhetoric, you know what I did, why I did it, and now you know what's better for me than I know myself!
Thanks but I know I'll still be voting NO.

overnite went 7 years, and is now the HIGHEST paid ltl carrier out there. fred is their direct competitor, he can afford a little bit better insurance and retirement for you guys.....
You're wrong, even with they're 7% cut in pay, ABF is still the highest paid LTL carrier....but thanks to they're union contracted pay and bennies, they have an operating cost over 100%!!
They're first qtr revenues were more than $407 million but it's expenses were $429 million.

remember you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

Oh, you'll be able tell who they are. Just look for the ones that can't look you in the eye, have a fresh wet spot in the front of their pants and a yellow streak down their back.

If someone didn't sign a card and votes "no" well, God bless 'em, that's just the way they feel about it. No hard feelings. But if someone did sign a card and votes "no".....well, I believe a man keeps his word and does what he says he's going to do.

People are more terrified about what hasn't happened (strike, rerouting, shutdown) than they are ticked off about things that did happen (score card, draconian "safety" rules, having to schedule to be sick). Put your big boy pants on and stand up for yourself.

The only way to put a bully in check is to punch him right in the nose.

Whooooo!

And as people have explained to you multiple times you don't negotiate backwards. And you don't pay dues until you ratify a contract, IMHO we have so much more to gain such as a written rules that can't be changed to fit the company needs, and yes better insurance, and also a better pension, one that isn't underfunded and a SEPF. Not going to worry about the pay I believe that will come along as well. And please don't say FedEx can't afford all this. We are the largest most profitable ltl carrier going, or don't you believe Bill Logue?[/

Where do you get your numbers that the pension is under funded show me let me guess the water cooler at the union hall. Also keep in mind we gave a 401k match ask the union guys if they have that. You misquoted me I didn't say go backwards I said a give and take. Remember you have the right to VOTE NO.

Go look or download the 2014 FedEx annual report and you will see. Here is a screen grab from the report. Any number listed in a () is a negative amount. You will notice this shows a shortfall for just the past 2 years but it goes back further. Now you will also notice that contribution is lower then benefit plus obligation is larger then the assets. Hence if you take in less and pay out more then you are looking like an underfunded plan.

No one is keeping you here. That door you walked through when you applied for your job swings both ways! If you're so disgruntled with your pay, bennies, etc..., then you are free to leave, you're not a slave, again, no one is keeping you here.
I did see where ABF has a sign out in front of they're building saying that they're hiring, I can give you directions if you would like.

That's always the lamest answer ya'll can come up with......I been here 20 yrs and I ain't going no damn where!!! When I came to work for AF it was a great company....fedup buys it and it goes down hill!!! I ain't starting over at another company....I am voting YES to change this one into treating us and paying us like they should!! Please try to come up with something better than leave and find another job. Just like I told our last SCM....I was here before you and will be here long after your ass is gone!!!!!!

Oh, you'll be able tell who they are. Just look for the ones that can't look you in the eye, have a fresh wet spot in the front of their pants and a yellow streak down their back.

If someone didn't sign a card and votes "no" well, God bless 'em, that's just the way they feel about it. No hard feelings. But if someone did sign a card and votes "no".....well, I believe a man keeps his word and does what he says he's going to do.

People are more terrified about what hasn't happened (strike, rerouting, shutdown) than they are ticked off about things that did happen (score card, draconian "safety" rules, having to schedule to be sick). Put your big boy pants on and stand up for yourself.

Whooooo!
Again, I signed a card and I will be voting NO. I'll be happy to look anyone in the eye and explain why. No wet spots or streaks either, I just checked.
I will be keeping my word and do what I say I'm going to do...which is voting NO.
I've got my FedEx issued big boy pants on and not only willI be standing up for myself but I'll be standing up for my famly's future as well.

I just may have to drop "the peoples elbow" come Wed.

And the only thing you are guaranteed as a teamster is to pay union dues. You still have the right to VOTE NO.
That " guarantee " argument really degrades a drivers inteligence.
You cannot guarantee anything either and they all KNOW it. Fedex could cut pay, insurance benefits, the 401k and pension contributions change the workrules, take sick/vacation days...anything THEY, and THEY ALONE want....at midnight tonight if they want to......

And voting NO after you had s certain percent petition and bring this situation to Fedex,.......could quite possibly bring repurcusions.
Can YOU guarantee they won't citydog?

A YES is best for the drivers AND all other drivers out there.

Again an anti person telling a pro person to go find a new job. Just wondering as NC is a RTW if the vote is yes are you willing to go somewhere else that is completely non-union? I'm not going to tell you to start over somewhere else as I don't see the reason for you to have to start over.

Plz read my edited post

Point taken... It's all in the way your company is managed.. Estes got three of FedEx's TM's and they are some good guys.. Well educated in what they do and seem to be good family men.. Ya think this may have something to do with something they aren't telling you.. We could sit here and speculate, but it looks like something is going on at FedEx for these 20 year men to be walking away... Very well thought of guys at FedEx....And then, all the sudden you have union talk going on.. There's something below the surface..