FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

Go look or download the 2014 FedEx annual report and you will see. Here is a screen grab from the report. Any number listed in a () is a negative amount. You will notice this shows a shortfall for just the past 2 years but it goes back further. Now you will also notice that contribution is lower then benefit plus obligation is larger then the assets. Hence if you take in less and pay out more then you are looking like an underfunded plan.
Thank you point I knew I had seen it but my old feeble senile mind just couldn't remember where. Thanks again.

That's always the lamest answer ya'll can come up with......I been here 20 yrs and I ain't going no damn where!!! When I came to work for AF it was a great company....fedup buys it and it goes down hill!!! I ain't starting over at another company....I am voting YES to change this one into treating us and paying us like they should!! Please try to come up with something better than leave and find another job. Just like I told our last SCM....I was here before you and will be here long after your ass is gone!!!!!!
I've been here since the doors opened and I agree, AF was one of, if not the best, company I've ever worked for! But AF died when Sheridan died! This is now FedEx, corporate America, it's no longer a family owned company! The sooner you quit living in the past and learn to come to grips with the present, maybe the less disgruntled you'll be. You know stress isn't good for your health.

Again, I signed a card and I will be voting NO. I'll be happy to look anyone in the eye and explain why. No wet spots or streaks either, I just checked.
I will be keeping my word and do what I say I'm going to do...which is voting NO.
I've got my FedEx issued big boy pants on and not only willI be standing up for myself but I'll be standing up for my famly's future as well.

I just may have to drop "the peoples elbow" come Wed.

What the hell is a "people's elbow"?

Relying on soley the company to DICTATE all your pay, benefits, discipline policy is BEST for your family?
How?
Did you read the " dropoing the bomb" thread? Thats the best you can do for your family?
I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense to me.
If your plan was to move on and be a boss, that may be understandable but otherwise I surely dont understand.

Again, I signed a card and I will be voting NO. I'll be happy to look anyone in the eye and explain why. No wet spots or streaks either, I just checked.
I will be keeping my word and do what I say I'm going to do...which is voting NO.
I've got my FedEx issued big boy pants on and not only willI be standing up for myself but I'll be standing up for my famly's future as well.

I just may have to drop "the peoples elbow" come Wed.

I've been here since the doors opened and I agree, AF was one of, if not the best, company I've ever worked for! But AF died when Sheridan died! This is now FedEx, corporate America, it's no longer a family owned company! The sooner you quit living in the past and learn to come to grips with the present, maybe the less disgruntled you'll be. You know stress isn't good for your health.

This is true and you sure can't get a day off to be sick cause they will take a point from you. And you really don't need to go to the dr. cause our health insurance SUCKS!!! And why should we just sit back and take whatever corporate America feels like giving us.....I would rather stand up and fight!!

Again an anti person telling a pro person to go find a new job. Just wondering as NC is a RTW if the vote is yes are you willing to go somewhere else that is completely non-union? I'm not going to tell you to start over somewhere else as I don't see the reason for you to have to start over.
My point was that I came to work at AF BECAUSE they were non-union. I could've had a job at Yellow in '94 but I chose AF instead. Now 20 years later they want to bring in the union. They have every right to try, and if they do suceed I have every right to remain non-union, I just don't believe we should, IMO, destroy a good company just because some arent happy. There are union companies out they that are hiring, why bring it in here?

This is true and you sure can't get a day off to be sick cause they will take a point from you. And you really don't need to go to the dr. cause our health insurance SUCKS!!! And why should we just sit back and take whatever corporate America feels like giving us.....I would rather stand up and fight!!
The attendence policy is pretty fair I think, you have to get what 5, 6 pts before they do something? Healthcare is no where near as bad as it could be. Take your $200 or so a month that you pay now to the open market and let me know what you can get?
No one is asking you to sit back....did you bother to talk to Dale Davis, Don Brown, or Pat Reed at the cookout last week?

My point was that I came to work at AF BECAUSE they were non-union. I could've had a job at Yellow in '94 but I chose AF instead. Now 20 years later they want to bring in the union. They have every right to try, and if they do suceed I have every right to remain non-union, I just don't believe we should, IMO, destroy a good company just because some arent happy. There are union companies out they that are hiring, why bring it in here?

What's the Wizard of Oz saying, "Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore"... And I understand your point, but no company is the same as it was before..

I'm sorry but how will the union destroy FedEx? According to Bill Logue we are the largest most profitable ltl company going. Are we going to become the least profitable? I don't think so but that is just my opinion. If you signed a card out of anger, what were you angry about? And if you don't mind me asking what since then has FedEx changed that that can't change again once the union is gone if we don't get organized? It's never going to be perfect but IMHO it can sure be a lot better.

Relying on soley the company to DICTATE all your pay, benefits, discipline policy is BEST for your family?
How?
Did you read the " dropoing the bomb" thread? Thats the best you can do for your family?
I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense to me.
If your plan was to move on and be a boss, that may be understandable but otherwise I surely dont understand.
The company relies on the free market to dictate my pay and bennies and that's good enough for me. Thanks to the union companies, we make and have what we've got while the company remains profitable. To me that's a good thing. Would you rather make and have the top of everything while the company loses money b/c of the union demands, such as ABF or Yeller, and risk possibly not having a job at all? Do you not remember how Yeller was on the brink of collapse just a year or so ago?
I'll take a little less and the security of having a job than having the most with the union and not knowing if the gates will be chained shut tomorrow.

Some stupid pro wrestling reference.

Whoooo!

That's Rick Flair in your avatar right.. I was going to New Orleans one night and I was coming out of Baton Rouge on I10 headed south and noticed a car parked at the scale at LaPLace, La. I pulled in to bleed the dragon and this guy was standing outside his car and looks like his shirt was covered in blood.. I walked over, armed of course, and ask the guy what happened and preceded to tell me about a guy at a bar in Baton Rouge caught him making out with his girlfriend and beat the holy crap out of him... I went to the pay phone and called a cop, walked over and he preceded to tell me who he was.. It was Rick Flair, the wrestler... As the cop dove up I looked at him and said "I guess you met up with someone who doesn't need a squared circle to entertain people", and I walked off..

That's Rick Flair in your avatar right.. I was going to New Orleans one night and I was coming out of Baton Rouge on I10 headed south and noticed a car parked at the scale at LaPLace, La. I pulled in to bleed the dragon and this guy was standing outside his car and looks like his shirt was covered in blood.. I walked over, armed of course, and ask the guy what happened and preceded to tell me about a guy at a bar in Baton Rouge caught him making out with his girlfriend and beat the holy crap out of him... I went to the pay phone and called a cop, walked over and he preceded to tell me who he was.. It was Rick Flair, the wrestler... As the cop dove up I looked at him and said "I guess you met up with someone who doesn't need a squared circle to entertain people", and I walked off..
Great story!!! Ric Flair, living in CLT for a long time, has had his butt whipped more than one time for messing with someone else's girl.

Need some help, anyone remember the thread were it showed the pension fund is underfunded?

Don't know what thread it was in but......
As a shareholder that takes the time to read the annual report,
the annual report stated that recent regulatory changes brought about by the "Great Recession" changed the funding levels and allowed companies to underfund their pensions.
The annual report further stated that FedEx was taking full advantage of this.

I'm sorry but how will the union destroy FedEx? According to Bill Logue we are the largest most profitable ltl company going. Are we going to become the least profitable? I don't think so but that is just my opinion. If you signed a card out of anger, what were you angry about? And if you don't mind me asking what since then has FedEx changed that that can't change again once the union is gone if we don't get organized? It's never going to be perfect but IMHO it can sure be a lot better.
IMO, unions are good for employees but bad for companies.
FedEx currently operates at 87 to 89% (depending on who you ask), ABF operates at over 100% (they're acutually losing money), and Yeller is somewhere around 96-97%.
Why is that you ask? ABF & YRC are union, FedEx is not.
Both ABF (7%) & YRC (15%) have negotiated with the union asking there employees to take a cut in pay, froze their pension contributions, etc... Also, b/c of they're high operating cost, they've been unable to bid on new business or forced to shed existing business b/c they can't overcome they're labor cost disadvantage.
FedEx is currently non-union and we dont have these problems.
Yes, the unions have negotiated more pay and bennies for they're memebers but at what cost? They've caused the companies to barely turn a profit or even lose money! How much longer are ABF employees going to have a job when they continue to lose money? How much longer can YRC hang on only turning a 2-3% profit?
Again, I'll take a little less today in exchange for job security tomorrow instead of having the most today and not knowing if you'll have a job tomorrow.