FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

The company relies on the free market to dictate my pay and bennies and that's good enough for me. Thanks to the union companies, we make and have what we've got while the company remains profitable. To me that's a good thing. Would you rather make and have the top of everything while the company loses money b/c of the union demands, such as ABF or Yeller, and risk possibly not having a job at all? Do you not remember how Yeller was on the brink of collapse just a year or so ago?
I'll take a little less and the security of having a job than having the most with the union and not knowing if the gates will be chained shut tomorrow.

Ok your willing to admit that we make what do because of the union. What would we make if there wasn't any union at all? And as far as "Yeller"being on the brink of going under it wasn't because of the union. That was caused by mismanagement and the economy tanking. The union actually helped to keep the doors open. With an unpopular renegotiation to take a pay cut and reduced contributions to pension, (which is still more than we get), the members voted on it. That was when our wages got frozen and local management took a 5% pay cut after the 90 for 90 fiasco. And don't forget at an at will job there is no job security at all.

Now I don't know what's going on at ABF so I can't comment on them.

The company relies on the free market to dictate my pay and bennies and that's good enough for me. Thanks to the union companies, we make and have what we've got while the company remains profitable. To me that's a good thing. Would you rather make and have the top of everything while the company loses money b/c of the union demands, such as ABF or Yeller, and risk possibly not having a job at all? Do you not remember how Yeller was on the brink of collapse just a year or so ago?
I'll take a little less and the security of having a job than having the most with the union and not knowing if the gates will be chained shut tomorrow.
And why was "yeller" on the brink of collapse?

Also, what was it that allowed them to survive?

Bring your A game for this one, driver.

Dang it, deuce beat me to it.

But still, you need to answer this one, Red POS.

You thought there was security and your company was bought. Some people had to move from other of their purchases. It haad Nothing to do with a union.
Yellow bought 5 union companies.
Was that the unions fault?
G.O.D. went down. Were they union? Nope.

A union ain't gonna stop your company from participating in the freemarket. They'll adjust.
Your topdogs pay is contractual. Obviously they are.t concerned about THEIR contract messing up the freemarket deal. Bill Zollars still skated with the millions contractually obliged money even though HE was in charge of taking on all the YRC debt which just about chained the gates. The union voted repeatedlly to keep the doors open. I suggest reading some opposing views to freemarkets and freetrade and such. Its more deceptive than it appears. IMO its another type of deception like those that Fedex is using to keep you in line.

Resorting to name calling.....again. Typical union response when presented with the facts.
When you can act like an adult we'll conversate, until then goodnight, it's past my bedtime.
While it is past my bedtime and I'm about to call it a night. I didn't call no names and put forth what I believe is a good strong point and get no response.

Don't know what thread it was in but......
As a shareholder that takes the time to read the annual report,
the annual report stated that recent regulatory changes brought about by the "Great Recession" changed the funding levels and allowed companies to underfund their pensions.
The annual report further stated that FedEx was taking full advantage of this.
And if more people began joining unions again and participating this nonsense could be curbed/stopped. But since people refuse...the business side steals and and breaks obligations whenever it suits them.
Your post shows that its some kind of free market for some.....just never me or you I geuss.

Typical pro-union rhetoric, you know what I did, why I did it, and now you know what's better for me than I know myself!
Thanks but I know I'll still be voting NO.

its not rhetoric, it just sounds like you are chickening out, or were never a yes voter in the first place. freds army of trolls trying a new angle this week?

You're wrong, even with they're 7% cut in pay, ABF is still the highest paid LTL carrier....but thanks to they're union contracted pay and bennies, they have an operating cost over 100%!!
They're first qtr revenues were more than $407 million but it's expenses were $429 million.

nope. upsf has the highest pay for freight drivers out of any company. do some research. go over to the abf forum and ask them their road and local rates.

Again, I signed a card and I will be voting NO. I'll be happy to look anyone in the eye and explain why. No wet spots or streaks either, I just checked.
I will be keeping my word and do what I say I'm going to do...which is voting NO.
I've got my FedEx issued big boy pants on and not only willI be standing up for myself but I'll be standing up for my famly's future as well.

I just may have to drop "the peoples elbow" come Wed.

if you wanted to stand for your familys future you would be a yes voter. what you are standing for is apathy and convenience...

now thats some spooky stuff, right there! redracer knows, everyone will be jobless unless you just let the free market work its magic!! dont bargain, just beg!!

While it is past my bedtime and I'm about to call it a night. I didn't call no names and put forth what I believe is a good strong point and get no response.

He needs time to sleep on it.

I am still shocked to read him say he signed a card out of anger when he previously stated he didn't know how any conservative could support the union. Where did this anger come from? Did the problem magically go away??

IMO, unions are good for employees but bad for companies.
FedEx currently operates at 87 to 89% (depending on who you ask), ABF operates at over 100% (they're acutually losing money), and Yeller is somewhere around 96-97%.
Why is that you ask? ABF & YRC are union, FedEx is not.
Both ABF (7%) & YRC (15%) have negotiated with the union asking there employees to take a cut in pay, froze their pension contributions, etc... Also, b/c of they're high operating cost, they've been unable to bid on new business or forced to shed existing business b/c they can't overcome they're labor cost disadvantage.
FedEx is currently non-union and we dont have these problems.
Yes, the unions have negotiated more pay and bennies for they're memebers but at what cost? They've caused the companies to barely turn a profit or even lose money! How much longer are ABF emplyoyees going to have a job when they continue to lose money? How much longer can YRC hang on only turning a 2-3% profit?
Again, I'll take a little less today in exchange for job security tomorrow instead of having the most today and not knowing if you'll have a job tomorrow.
An OR of 87 to 88?
Can you back this up with published information?

Don't know abou 87-88 but my TM told me that we were at 89 at our terminal sometime during the re cession. Our terminal anyways.

I've been here since the doors opened and I agree, AF was one of, if not the best, company I've ever worked for! But AF died when Sheridan died! This is now FedEx, corporate America, it's no longer a family owned company! The sooner you quit living in the past and learn to come to grips with the present, maybe the less disgruntled you'll be. You know stress isn't good for your health.

UPSF and UPS package are corporate America too. They have a much better package, and are highly respected AND Profitable! Why must we settle for less? NOT just a little bit less, but a LOT LESS.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have explained multiple time it's going to be a give and take do I need to spell out the examples for the yes people again. Here it goes say you want more money hourly they say ok but we're going to take a weeks vacation. That's one example here is another you want better health insurance ok we are going to take two bucks an hour. So that's not a blanket statement I've covered it before but for the sake of people reading into what they want to people you need to educate your self and not let someone do it for you and remember you can vote NO EVEN IF YOU SIGNED A CARD NO ONE WILL NO BUT YOU.

It is not "give and take" when dealing from a position of strength. In this market we are in the best position possible to make significant gains, period. So, unless you LIKE the following trends, as well as the INCONSISTENCIES TROUGHOUT the system, you should VOTE YES. You have nothing to loose. If you have been paying attention, you see that you have been loosing ground without representation, already!

You have their attention, now tell them with a clear voice, that you want things to change, or that you want more of the same.

Vote no, and the TREND CONTINUES.

You can see there is room for IMPROVEMENT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fedex has been described as the Walmart of the trucking industry. A giant. We look at other companies and compare. The fact is, other companies do treat their driver better. Many of the companies are not as greedy as ours. I've said before, I do not care how they live. I do not care what they have. I worry about what I have, how I live. For me and my family, it's all about taking care of my home.

Liberal or conservative? No..it's about rite and wrong. This company has dished up much wrong over the last few years. They are sorry they became billionaires? You really think that? I don't buy it as I'm sure many dont. Now, they don't want to pay the consequences for their actions. Now, they beg and plead, at our barns, and on here in disguise.

We have the chance to stand up, for ourselves. What this company has done, is their own doing. Not ours.