Yellow | Charlotte NC rumor

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
This one has been going around for the past month. It has been said that 681 is going to become a mini break, serivce center, or what ever the call them now. Drivers, switchers and dock men are going to move on a COO to get closer to 411 (ATL). I know the drivers room has been abuzz with this one. The latest is that in a meeting last week RDWY is going to move some of their supervisors down there in Feb. Now the company labor rep says there is nothing going to happen, but the rumor grows by the day. Has anyone heard anything else about this?? DS.

I have just heard what you have heard DS. Last night I was told this by a Road Driver. That the Steward in Charlotte started the rumor. Can you believe that? I also was told from a reliable source that a COO is coming in February. Who it involves was unknown from my source. Well he did mention something about a mega term in Ohio...Closing 3 terminals and moving them into one facility on the Turnpike and it also be a triples drop pad....

Been hearing the same thing about this move from our road guyz. Say toxic do you know the weasel??? Weasel Diesel is a legend from 671 thought you might have known him...

screwy louiey said:
Been hearing the same thing about this move from our road guyz. Say toxic do you know the weasel??? Weasel Diesel is a legend from 671 thought you might have known him...
I don't know him by that name. I bet I know him though... PM his name to me...It seems like that name came up in another thread if I remember right...

Toxic said:
I have just heard what you have heard DS. Last night I was told this by a Road Driver. That the Steward in Charlotte started the rumor. Can you believe that?
I guess that squashes that rumor, NEXT!!!!!!!!! DS.

Ohio Rumor

Rumor is panisville, cleveand being combined with akron in cf's old terminal in Richfield in 2 year's. It was said that Roadway has already bought the cf terminal. The purpose is that they can run triples out of there......

lilrider said:
Rumor is panisville, cleveand being combined with akron in cf's old terminal in Richfield in 2 year's. It was said that Roadway has already bought the cf terminal. The purpose is that they can run triples out of there......
Make sense to me cept CF ran their triples operation out of the pad at the pike entrance. Had a mobile home on the pad for an office so they still had to shuttle trailers from the terminal if I'm not mistaken. Yellow is right across the street from the pike entrance, only one I know that can drive their triples right out of and into their yard.

TheBigR said:
only one I know that can drive their triples right out of and into their yard.

I guess it just depends on the location. I know in South Bend, IN. Holland drives it's double long box's (48") right into the yard off the turnpike. Yard is right by the exit.

I was talking to an Akron driver who has a freind on the Richfeild zoning board.What he told me was that Roadway wasn't buying the property because it was already purchased buy central transport.And it was a big to do with a law suit involved because unknown to central before buying it,the zoning was changed not to allow another trucking company to operate in there.It was to be used a light industrial.Don't make sense to me,what other reason would a freight company buy a freight terminal?I guess the law suit is still pending from what the man told me.So much for the rumor of big R moving.

JimJoe (jj) said:
I guess it just depends on the location. I know in South Bend, IN. Holland drives it's double long box's (48") right into the yard off the turnpike. Yard is right by the exit.

South Bend is one of the places that we can pull triples about 6 to 8 miles off the pike to Roadway's yard. 6 miles of divided 4 lane (US31) and 2 miles of 2 lane city streets.

Moparman said:
I was talking to an Akron driver who has a freind on the Richfeild zoning board.What he told me was that Roadway wasn't buying the property because it was already purchased buy central transport.And it was a big to do with a law suit involved because unknown to central before buying it,the zoning was changed not to allow another trucking company to operate in there.It was to be used a light industrial.Don't make sense to me,what other reason would a freight company buy a freight terminal?I guess the law suit is still pending from what the man told me.So much for the rumor of big R moving.
A: Isn't central out of business? And B: the big R probably would get a zoning variance to allow them to drive them right out of the yard. But, who the hell knows. So far just rumorville at this point.:rockon:

Copley, Euclid-Painesville, Cleveland Terminals To Move Into NEW Barn in Richfield!

My spies tell me that this is a done deal! Crown Enterprises (the parent company of Central Transport) out of Michigan is selling YRC the property, YRC will tear down the old CF barn and build a new bigger facility for Roadway Express. Roadway will combine Euclid-Painesville, Cleveland, and Copley into the new barn. They will have to shuttle the triples 4 miles up the road to the OH turnpike, but they will be a lot closer than they are now in Copley which is about 10 miles away.

The only think holding this project up, is the zoning appeals, but supposedly this will be worked out without having to go through the courts. As far as the Roadway terminal in Copley is concerned, rumor has it that YRC will combine the USF Holland terminals in Green (Akron), and Cleveland (Memphis Ave.) into the Copley barn. Most of this is still rumor, but the Richfield Village Zoning officials have the plans from YRC, and some of it is public record. Let's wait and see how this all shakes out!:shades:

Docksteward said:
This one has been going around for the past month. It has been said that 681 is going to become a mini break, serivce center, or what ever the call them now. Drivers, switchers and dock men are going to move on a COO to get closer to 411 (ATL).

I know that the run between Winston-Salem and Atlanta was a 660 mile run and the Dot said it could not be done. So now they are going to make a drop yard about a hr to 11/2hr(60-80miles) north of Atlanta on I-85 to make this work.

It wouldn't make sense to have a drop yard when Winston can turn Lawrenceville and Atlatnta already shuttles Lawrenceville.But whoever said anyone at Yellow had any sense!

It wouldn't make sense to have a drop yard when Winston can turn Lawrenceville and Atlatnta already shuttles Lawrenceville.But whoever said anyone at Yellow had any sense!

They say that the lawrenceville terminal is to small and not set up for this. Also the BA from 728 went to check the drop yard that they are getting just north on I-85 I think it is in Braselton, Ga. just off the interstate. about 30 miles north of Lawrencevill.

They say that the lawrenceville terminal is to small and not set up for this. Also the BA from 728 went to check the drop yard that they are getting just north on I-85 I think it is in Braselton, Ga. just off the interstate. about 30 miles north of Lawrencevill.
Is the drop yard being made so the Winston-Salem Terminal can turn Atlanta again?

Yea and I heard Hoffa was going to reorganize Central Transport also!