Charlotte,NC,The Bowling Family Gospel Tour Bus crashed into a Semi.

Spry said the box truck and tractor-trailer were preparing to exit into a weigh station for commercial trucks when the bus zoomed up behind the line of vehicles.

“(The driver) thought they were traveling at highway speed and he realized that they were not at the very last moment,” Spry said. “It was just a bad situation.”

The bus driver swerved to the left and struck the left rear side of the tractor-trailer, spinning it across the highway, Spry said.

No one was cited in the wreck, and police don’t anticipate any charges being filed. Spry said the bus was traveling at the posted speed limit of 60 mph at the time of the crash.

So it's okay when a Bus load of gospel singers are thrust into a Tractor Trailer combo AT HIGHWAY SPEED thus sending it into a Straight Truck, but if either the straight truck or the combo hit the bus, oh my, there would then be a driver being cited as well charged.
The bus driver was probably immersed in gospel singing or bible reading and was therefore DISTRACTED and needs a evaluation to determine WHY said driver FAILED TO OBSERVE the designated lane for the Weigh Station (Coop). A drug test is not out of the question and is MANDATORY for Truck Drivers.
Like above, if/when a Truck Driver runs into another vehicle, said truck driver is then accosted and cited/charged for one or more offences, but not for simpleton bus drivers?

I saw another updated report on this crash that said that weigh station was closed.
Hmmm ya think there may have been a closed sign at the entrance so the truckers could have kept going on down the hywy with out slowing down to much to impede the flow of traffic?

Well I would think that way.

[quote author=Apostolic link=topic=81641.msg843972#msg843972 date=1278364510]
I saw another updated report on this crash that said that weigh station was closed.
Hmmm ya think there may have been a closed sign at the entrance so the truckers could have kept going on down the hywy with out slowing down to much to impede the flow of traffic?

Well I would think that way.
[/quote]
That's interesting, thank you. Some Coops, like in Mississippi and Louisiana will have open on the road and closed at the gate. I guess it's to see who's paying attention or the Coop operators are lazy or don't care.

The ONLY bit mentioning the Driver:
Police said the driver of the tour bus didn't realize there was a back up and didn't have enough time to avoid the accident.
Mike Bowling and his wife, Kelly, suffered serious injuries. Initial reports indicated that Mike Bowling suffered bleeding on the brain and that Kelly Bowling had either a broken or crushed vertebrae. The couple's daughter, Katelanne, suffered a broken clavicle in two places and lacerations to her face.
No mentioning the condition of the Driver, so maybe one of the three were the Driver?
That's right, tour buses have no seatbelts yes?

those scales are a joke!! there's an on ramp there too. you can't see the sign till you clear a hill and then you have to deal with merging traffic, slow trucks, idiot cars in right lanes etc, and they are always open at rush hour. By the time the cops flip sign to off it's to late, trucks have to accelerate up hill. It' s a mess

Thank you for your keen observation of this crash scene sharpshooter.
There are a lot of crash news links that leave a lot to ones imagination,speculating what may have happened.
So thanks again for sharing your views with the rest of us,sharpshooter.

Well he got a break on paying out a traffic fine.
However all of the other expenses regarding the totaled bus,and hospital bills I'm sure will teach Mr. Bowling a lesson to be a more causes driver in the future.

Thanks for keeping us (TB) members up to date on this crash sharpshooter.