SEFL | Charlotte NC

Cave Man

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey everyone, I saw on the website Line Haul drivers needed for Charlotte. Just wanted to know if I could get some info on how it is to work out of Charlotte. I also saw a posting for P&D drivers out of Greensboro NC. I applied for LH in Charlotte and thought about applying for P&D in Greensboro as well to get my foot in the door and move to LH when it would become available. Not sure how long it would take to move over to a system driver if I were to do that.

Whatever you do, Do Not go P&D at SEFL. Especially in Greensboro. All they care about are the numbers. They could care less about you. They maximize the number of stops (probably on average 15 stops) on a trailer working the crap out of you while they keep other drivers at the house on a rotation day. If Charlotte is hiring Linehaul, I say go for it, you'd be a lot happier in linehaul than P&D.

Whatever you do, Do Not go P&D at SEFL. Especially in Greensboro. All they care about are the numbers. They could care less about you. They maximize the number of stops (probably on average 15 stops) on a trailer working the crap out of you while they keep other drivers at the house on a rotation day. If Charlotte is hiring Linehaul, I say go for it, you'd be a lot happier in linehaul than P&D.
Ok great ty. The website had LineHaul posted for Charlotte so I applied so we'll see.

Turnover in Charlotte is low so be prepared to run system in the beginning. Linehaul here is where you want to be. LH drivers are treated like royalty at sefl. Just don't go city. Your body will thank you
Ok great. Thank you LH is what I want to do anyway. Thank you for the info. I put the app in on Saturday so I'll just sit back and see what happens and whether I get a call about it.

Hey everyone, I saw on the website Line Haul drivers needed for Charlotte. Just wanted to know if I could get some info on how it is to work out of Charlotte. I also saw a posting for P&D drivers out of Greensboro NC. I applied for LH in Charlotte and thought about applying for P&D in Greensboro as well to get my foot in the door and move to LH when it would become available. Not sure how long it would take to move over to a system driver if I were to do that.
Turnover in Charlotte is low so be prepared to run system in the beginning. Linehaul here is where you want to be. LH drivers are treated like royalty at sefl. Just don't go city. Your body will thank you
Used to be treated like royalty! 8-10 years ago if a linehaul driver had a concern it was taken serious. Now, once you pull on the yard with a terminals freight and drop the trailer, they don't give a crap about you. Just pull into a terminal like Raleigh, Richmond, Savanna, or Charlotte, with no hotel rooms available and see how much help you get from the leadership. I've had to wait up to 2 1/2 hours for a room and not get comped any time. Corporate don't give a crap either. Now the big thing is, you have to start giving your own credit card with your clc card to get a room. Think corporate cares about that? I've been told that that's the new Norm. But all in all, is still a whole lot better than the city. It's more of a trade off that I'm willing to make.

Now the big thing is, you have to start giving your own credit card with your clc card to get a room. Think corporate cares about that? I've been told that that's the new Norm. But all in all, is still a whole lot better than the city. It's more of a trade off that I'm willing to make.

I'd carry around a prepaid Visa with ten bucks on it and use that. It's probably for accesorial charges you may accrue not covered by CLC.

I'd carry around a prepaid Visa with ten bucks on it and use that. It's probably for accesorial charges you may accrue not covered by CLC.
It is. They call it incidentals. The hold ranges from $10-$100. Most are between $20 and $30, but if your a system driver multiply that be 4 days on the road. My cure for that is to call the TM and have him put the hold on his card. They don't like it but you have to hold them to the"culture" they preach about so much.