ODFL | Charlotte or Atlanta

Atlanta has a lot of linehaul drivers so you can plan on being on the extra board or a wild driver and can be hard to get out at times!
Charlotte im not sure about, But I Don"t think they have a wild board but i could be wrong.

Atlanta will have more opportunities overall, that's where I'm out of. We currently have over 300 drivers on the road board, but that includes schedules, teams and extraboard. It will take you probably 4-5 years to get a schedule, and probably another 4-5 and you'll be on a daytime schedule. You might get a double Lincoln AL daytime right off the bat but it's only 480 miles and you'll be meeting 2 Memphis drivers so you're subject to them getting out on time, whether they care if they get to you on time, and whether ATL gets you out on time, which is rare. It's a decent yard to work out of, they leave you alone, but if you don't get out in the system on Sunday don't count on working more than 3 days during the week when it's slow. Or working all weekend. I would call Charlotte and find out if they need anyone and how their road operation works. I run in there sometimes but know nothing about how they work or what they need.