Yellow | Charlotte question?

Electraglideatl, The UE that went to Wilmington is now in the city, that is the last I heard, he came from CNC's city.

he came from cnc road

Actually the guy we know that went to Wilmington was City Terry R. there may have been 2 positions though. We never see them as they are long gone by our 3 am start time. G-man says he is Sunday - Thursday 7PM I think or 1700 but they have not called back on 8 hours since I got here in '01. There is also a rule about 2 punches in 1 day.

Daydreamer are you coming to the dock at 653? You will have some guys who may give you grief but for the most part should be OK. I didn't have a problem in '01 but with 90 guys coming in iy will be very different. If you are on the dock what time and day do you start?

Day dreamer YOU ARE WRONG!!! THe UE driver came fromthe CITY board and the VELOCITY driver came from the road board. Know your facts, just not your rumors!!!

one went to charleston from the roadside and he is 75 yrs old and now has to take a city bid in charleston....(which will be interesting).......one went to greenville tn and he came from the road and the other went to willmington nc and he came from the city.........shouldnt those 3 been allowed back to charlotte?.....:popcorn:

electric........have heard well of you and understand your frustration.The 75 year old will do fine in the city as people will just have to help if its too heavy for him to handle getting it off the truck.(if they want there freight,there it is)800lbs is max with jacks and if you cant move it let the company and consignee figure it out.
This is a perfect reason why I personally feel this merger won't be successful.Once senoirity rosters are complete our average age of drivers will increase by close to 10 years.How does the company feel there production as a whole will be with all of the younger more productive drivers on letters of layoff.Zollars may increase capacity on his trucks yet,lets be realistic.if the avg.stops on a given route increase by 5-10 stops and mgmt.is not allowed to call in help somebody is either not gonna get there freight or the driver is not going to be able to get around to all pickups.just my 2 cents.

bidding back to cnc. 1 road driver bid to wilmington to run rch & is coming back to cnc because he was road driver in wilmington, 1 road driver bid to charleston & was ue driver & cant come back, 1 bid to greenville tenn and had to bid back to georgia. i heard this from someone who shud know & i trust. good luck

bidding back to cnc. 1 road driver bid to wilmington to run rch & is coming back to cnc because he was road driver in wilmington, 1 road driver bid to charleston & was ue driver & cant come back, 1 bid to greenville tenn and had to bid back to georgia. i heard this from someone who shud know & i trust. good luck

Jack, I believe your source is wrong.......Me and Sig went to charleston sc back in july.........We are not allowed to follow our freight back to charlotte, therefore we are stuck in charleston forever......the one who went to wilmington nc is stuck there as well........let me know if the one from wilmington went back to charlotte cause this would be a grievance for me and Mr. Sig......:popcorn:.........oh yea the one who went to wilmington was a city man and became i ue and he is stuck there......

Jack, I believe your source is wrong.......Me and Sig went to charleston sc back in july.........We are not allowed to follow our freight back to charlotte, therefore we are stuck in charleston forever......the one who went to wilmington nc is stuck there as well........let me know if the one from wilmington went back to charlotte cause this would be a grievance for me and Mr. Sig......:popcorn:.........oh yea the one who went to wilmington was a city man and became i ue and he is stuck there......

Did you notice that there were no requests in the UE change for follow the freight or Local cartage to return to the road?
I thought it was strange that in the yrc merge COO requests were made out of context to the matter at hand. Any request for retreat rights ( if that's the term you want to use ) should have been raised in the UE change. My assertion that it wasn't raised is from reading the decision only.

hey mr elec SS from cnc told me that road driver from cnc gene m--- was coming back to cnc because he went to wilm as road driver to run richmond va nitely. other 2 mr sig & harold went as UES & cant come back. this SS pretty reliable but let me know what u find out. tell mr sig to hurry ever chance he gets. tks & good luck.

G-man says he is Sunday - Thursday 7PM I think or 1700 but they have not called back on 8 hours since I got here in '01. There is also a rule about 2 punches in 1 day.
I just wouldn't put it past the managers coming from 671 to start that 10 on 8 off bs, knowing full and well guys have 3-4 hour round trip drives!:duh: When I asked them for a reason for "turning on 8" and the answer is always "because we can".

I'll be making the trip down this week to check out the new diggs!! Hope to see you guys soon. DS.

mr elec u find out anything. believe my info is rite. tell sig hello & good luck to both.

Jack, How could the man from greenville tenn go to ga. when there were no openings?........sig will start this monday march 2nd as a city driver in charleston.........that will be scary since he is 75 and no city driving experience.......if you find out anymore info on the charlotte ues let me know.........thnx............:smilie_132:

I just wouldn't put it past the managers coming from 671 to start that 10 on 8 off bs, knowing full and well guys have 3-4 hour round trip drives!:duh: When I asked them for a reason for "turning on 8" and the answer is always "because we can".

I'll be making the trip down this week to check out the new diggs!! Hope to see you guys soon. DS.

Well the bids are posted and you gus will only have 1 week on unassigned. We'll see about the change in work rules as far as turning on 8 but Charlotte has always had a rule about only starting 1 work day on any given day.

mr elec driver from greenville tenn went for road driver position & was allowed to enter pool when greenville closed(believe it was called BULLRUN when i working), he entered pool & bid cnc but was told no openings & he bid valdosta under protest. so 1 from wlm coming back to cnc, mr sig hitting streets of charleston & HA going to valdosta. if u will PM me i will give u names. tks take care of mr sig he better quit and take care of grandkids he loves so much. tks

mr elec driver from greenville tenn went for road driver position & was allowed to enter pool when greenville closed(believe it was called BULLRUN when i working), he entered pool & bid cnc but was told no openings & he bid valdosta under protest. so 1 from wlm coming back to cnc, mr sig hitting streets of charleston & HA going to valdosta. if u will PM me i will give u names. tks take care of mr sig he better quit and take care of grandkids he loves so much. tks
Jack do you even know what it is you are talking about? you have NO CLUE!!!!! forget about charlotte, YOU'RE RETIRED FROM THERE.....get a hobby...