ODFL | Check Engine Light

imported_Skywalker

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems there has been a rash of problems with the new 07 daycabs with the engine.When you see the light come on you will lose alot of power because one of the cylinders have stopped operating.No harm according to the shop though,so they say.They will put it on the computer for this problem and do something to the trucks computer called flashing,but apparently this is not the solve all situation.All of the atl trucks that have been flashed and still have problems get towed to cat.Seems some in gbo have already been to cat and still have this problem so beware that we have a delima on these new 07s

Hey, if you boys are having trouble with your check engine lights, I've personally fixed a bunch a them darn things. I will order some nice black electrical tape for your terminal. It covers up that dam orange light real well.

p.s. I'm in Thomasville now boys.:pirate2:

had the opportunity to drive a 07 today first time. Check engine light did come on did not seem to lose power it quit flashing after several miles. The lane departure system did not annoy me it sounds kind of like a clothes pined card on a spoked bicycle wheel. Quit working on the right side after about 400 miles still worked fine on the left. If you were really headed for the grass it would not wake you up.

Same problem out here with the 07's. They definetely dont pull as good as the 06's when that light blinks on and off.

thats probably right it quit blinking soon after I got out of town. probably did not notice it nor pulling good

Haven't had this problem in a while,I hope it is resolved!

Don't know if this is the same problem, but was taking a truck to be switched with another one, it was an 07, the orange check engine light would flash once, then be steady, then flash once. Took it to cat(OD roadservice), turned out to be #1 cyclinder intake actuator valve malfunction...

had the opportunity to drive a 07 today first time. Check engine light did come on did not seem to lose power it quit flashing after several miles. The lane departure system did not annoy me it sounds kind of like a clothes pined card on a spoked bicycle wheel. Quit working on the right side after about 400 miles still worked fine on the left. If you were really headed for the grass it would not wake you up.
I call it the woodpecker now.

had a 07 few weeks back check engine light would come on as soon as it hit highway speed would lose most of its power could pull over and shut down for a few minutes then restart it would work fine until the next day after it sat for a while

Don't know if this is the same problem, but was taking a truck to be switched with another one, it was an 07, the orange check engine light would flash once, then be steady, then flash once. Took it to cat(OD roadservice), turned out to be #1 cyclinder intake actuator valve malfunction...

You nailed it every '07 at our term had the same issue "cyclinder intake actuator valve "
my first '07 was in and out of freightliner 4 times in the first 30000 miles and the second they just sent to cat twice but the problem seems to be fixed now.

had a 07 few weeks back check engine light would come on as soon as it hit highway speed would lose most of its power could pull over and shut down for a few minutes then restart it would work fine until the next day after it sat for a while

I have the same problem hit highway speed and the light comes on and it loses power. the worst is when your passing slower trucks :smilie_132: and then you go up a hill and your truck can barley make it up the hill and they start passing you up again. :chairshot:

the worst is when your passing slower trucks :smilie_132: and then you go up a hill and your truck can barley make it up the hill and they start passing you up again. :chairshot:

My check engine light must be short circuiting Because I have that happen all the time and the check engine light does not have to be on.

Its that secret OD computer program they put into the trucks x+o=negative MPG and HP

If they can not keep the drivers complaining about something the dock workers and customer service agents would be to envious.