R&L | Check out other carriers boards

leftlanecruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
Take a peek at what people at some of the other trucking companies are chatting about,but don't post a comment there. R&L may be going through some changes,but it's nothing compared to some of the things going on at other companies. Yellow/Roadway are on the verge of shutting down or filing for bankruptcy. I personally think that Sr. or somebody in charge is keeping up with that and is setting us up to take over their freight-hence the hiring of people from Yellow/Roadway. Saia,Conway and others are all laying off and cutting back-In BIG numbers. OUR biggest concern is the uncertainty,none of us know what is going to happen next. By listening to and watching some of the other companies I am starting to believe that we are in the cat birds seat. It is possible that before it is all said and done R&L could be the largest carrier out there,and we were here when it all went down. I may sound alittle optimistic,but I've been trying to see the big picture. I may be wrong,but I've never known of Sr. letting an opprotunity pass him by. So cheer up and enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

i beleive your right leftlane also did you see that fedex freight and all fedex divisions have laid off for the first time in history of there company. wow. i do beleive that we are gearing up. i beleive that yrc won't close for a while they are trying a 10% pay cut in all three company's holland,roadway,yellow first and are suppose to have a merge into one company the first part of 2009. lots of job looses during this merge.i don't think it will work but for the workers i hope that it works and no one looses there job. i read that fedex national got rid of every dock worker in chicago terminal full and part. thats sad for the workers.and yes we say merry christmas so merry christmas to all

Take a peek at what people at some of the other trucking companies are chatting about,but don't post a comment there. R&L may be going through some changes,but it's nothing compared to some of the things going on at other companies. Yellow/Roadway are on the verge of shutting down or filing for bankruptcy. I personally think that Sr. or somebody in charge is keeping up with that and is setting us up to take over their freight-hence the hiring of people from Yellow/Roadway. Saia,Conway and others are all laying off and cutting back-In BIG numbers. OUR biggest concern is the uncertainty,none of us know what is going to happen next. By listening to and watching some of the other companies I am starting to believe that we are in the cat birds seat. It is possible that before it is all said and done R&L could be the largest carrier out there,and we were here when it all went down. I may sound alittle optimistic,but I've been trying to see the big picture. I may be wrong,but I've never known of Sr. letting an opprotunity pass him by. So cheer up and enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Took your advise, and the biggest company seems to be pretty scared YRC drivers are arguing what will happen to union and non union drivers if they go under. in my opinion I think one of the big companies is going to go under soon, and if we get thru this, we will step into their place, as long as Sr is ready for it, and gets everyone we need to service this huge influx from all ends of freight. It is weird to be optimistic about another company failing and bettering our own, but these are the times we live in.

:
Took your advise, and the biggest company seems to be pretty scared YRC drivers are arguing what will happen to union and non union drivers if they go under. in my opinion I think one of the big companies is going to go under soon, and if we get thru this, we will step into their place, as long as Sr is ready for it, and gets everyone we need to service this huge influx from all ends of freight. It is weird to be optimistic about another company failing and bettering our own, but these are the times we live in.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue0002:

Maybe everyone will go out of business and R&L will become number one.:hysterical:HOW SAD!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it'll be sad for all of us if YRC goes down becuase so will wages all over the industry. Unions set the line in the sand.

Are you really optimistic about another LTL going out...I am hoping that every LTL pulls through...I don't want want our success being dependant on the demise of others..

What sand is that,the Quicksand that they put people in? They may have served a purpose years ago,but no more. With a global economy all they have done is drive jobs overseas.

Are you really optimistic about another LTL going out...I am hoping that every LTL pulls through...I don't want want our success being dependant on the demise of others..

I by no means meant to sound optimistic about anyone losing their job, but say YRC does go under and we pick a large amount of that freight, you really think we can handle that amount of freight with the current staffing we have now. I think Paramount is R+L way to prepare for something like that. Even though it will suck for any driver coming in, what choice are they going to have? With fewer and fewer companies hiring.

I think it will be con-way YRC stock just got upgraded the merger will save them ton's of money and if the worker's take the 10% along with the managment they will be set up to ride this out.

I think it will be con-way YRC stock just got upgraded the merger will save them ton's of money and if the worker's take the 10% along with the managment they will be set up to ride this out.
I agree this 10% paycut that is getting voted on will give yrc the cash they need to pull through. It comes out to about 1 billion over the 4 years left of the contract with the teamsters. Plus the merger of yellow roadway like you said into one company.

What sand is that,the Quicksand that they put people in? They may have served a purpose years ago,but no more. With a global economy all they have done is drive jobs overseas.

I used to think that way too. Until I worked for a union company. Not to say I'm a cheerleader for the unions, I'm not. Just think all it takes is one supervisor to not like you and that person can literaly destroy your career. A union prevents that from happening. I do however know where you are coming from.

It won't be Con-way...Don't believe everything you read on Wall Street...
I have daily contact with customers, and they are increasingly concerned about YRC to the point they are asking us in, as well as others, to negotiate with them...
They are running away from them faster than a bleeder with HIV...YRC may very well survive, and because of the friendships I have over there, I hope so, but they are going to come out much smaller than they currently are...I hate to see what they are going through, but this economy is going to claim at least one, and probably soon...The 10% will save them money, but it won't matter if the freight is not there..

It won't be Con-way...Don't believe everything you read on Wall Street...
I have daily contact with customers, and they are increasingly concerned about YRC to the point they are asking us in, as well as others, to negotiate with them...
They are running away from them faster than a bleeder with HIV...YRC may very well survive, and because of the friendships I have over there, I hope so, but they are going to come out much smaller than they currently are...I hate to see what they are going through, but this economy is going to claim at least one, and probably soon...The 10% will save them money, but it won't matter if the freight is not there..
Funny you mention that, delivered to this place twice in last 2 weeks he has asked me why by his appt. sheet it is supposed to be delivered by yellow and Estes has it?? Told him I'm not privy to that info!