Yellow | Checked my mail today

z71bowtie

TB Lurker
Credits
New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund.

May 29, 2009

Pension ID# xxxxxx

RE: YRC, INC.
Account # xx-xxxx

Dear Participant:

This is to notify you that your employer has failed to make it’s Contribution payments to the Pension Fund as required by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

These contribution payments remain past due despite prior reminder notices to your company. The failure to make these contribution payments may affect your future pension credits and eligibility to pension benefits.

The Pension Fund will continue to pursue all steps necessary to enforce the payment of these overdue contributions, including resource to legal action in Federal Court. Your local Union also has the responsibility to enforce payment of these contributions under terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Although your Local Union has already been notified of this delinquency, we suggest that you contact your Business Reprehensive regarding this matter.

If this delinquency is not cured within 30 days, your company’s participation in this fund as a Contributing Employer will be terminated in accordance with Section 2. 08 of the Rules and regulations and the administrative procedures adopted by the Trustees. If a contributing Employer’s participation is terminated, pension credit will not be granted for hours worked after the termination date unless and until the Contributing Employer’s participation is reinstated by the Board of Trustees.

If you have any questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the fund office.

Very truly yours,

Board of trustees

CC: Local 25

New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund.

May 29, 2009

Pension ID# xxxxxx

RE: YRC, INC.
Account # xx-xxxx

Dear Participant:

This is to notify you that your employer has failed to make it’s Contribution payments to the Pension Fund as required by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

These contribution payments remain past due despite prior reminder notices to your company. The failure to make these contribution payments may affect your future pension credits and eligibility to pension benefits.

The Pension Fund will continue to pursue all steps necessary to enforce the payment of these overdue contributions, including resource to legal action in Federal Court. Your local Union also has the responsibility to enforce payment of these contributions under terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Although your Local Union has already been notified of this delinquency, we suggest that you contact your Business Reprehensive regarding this matter.

If this delinquency is not cured within 30 days, your company’s participation in this fund as a Contributing Employer will be terminated in accordance with Section 2. 08 of the Rules and regulations and the administrative procedures adopted by the Trustees. If a contributing Employer’s participation is terminated, pension credit will not be granted for hours worked after the termination date unless and until the Contributing Employer’s participation is reinstated by the Board of Trustees.

If you have any questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the fund office.

Very truly yours,

Board of trustees

CC: Local 25

Did they not get the memo that YRC and the Teamsters made a agreement to defer the pension contributions? What the heck?

Bowtie well I did not get my letter as yet, but I expect it is on its way to me. This s**t has got to stop and Zollars has to be enlightened NOW. We are all sick and tired of YRCs attitude, that whatever YRC wants, YRC gets. I say tell YRC to sell every vacant terminal they still own, then sell every truck/trlr, dock plate, pallet jack, load bar, tow motor, tow chain, administration desk, chair, table, fax machine and rolls of toilet tissue, that you do not absolutely need to stay operating, immediately, and then MEET YOUR PENSION and HEALTH contribution obligations as per THE CONTRACT OR SUFFER the severe monetary default penalty clause as outlined in the various pension funds language. YRC, you voluntarily signed the agreement. We provided you with employee labor as per the NMFA, now you YRC, OWE US, the monetary pension/health contributions, as agreed on. Get out your check book and start writing PRONTO. :eck13::eck13:

Did they not get the memo that YRC and the Teamsters made a agreement to defer the pension contributions? What the heck?

The IBT has no individual authority over pension funds . Any pension fund that does not respond appropriately according to the terms of that funds trust agreement would be in clear violation of the Fund Trustees fiduciary responsibilities .Every Pension fund in the country is going to do what their actuaries and attorneys tell them to cover their *** .
Another Hoffa BS smokescreen is all that memo is .

The IBT has no individual authority over pension funds . Any pension fund that does not respond appropriately according to the terms of that funds trust agreement would be in clear violation of the Fund Trustees fiduciary responsibilities .Every Pension fund in the country is going to do what their actuaries and attorneys tell them to cover their *** .
Another Hoffa BS smokescreen is all that memo is .

Well I have to say I never understood how they could just defer the pension contributions. However It has happened. I just like how our UNION Leadership just caves in and gives YRC anything they want. We can't be that ignorant to shove it all onto YRC. Afterall all I have heard for two years is this is the best your going to get vote for the contract! You better take the 10% wage reduction, This was IBT telling us to do it. So I find it ammusing when people say blame YRC 100%. Its 50/50 in my opinion at this point.

I am an "Ex" Yellow Clerical in North Reading, Ma. They are closing The Yellow Terminal NRM-946 (now NRM-151 YRC) and we are moving across the street to BOS-100 (the Roadway building). I look in the back yard and see tractors after tractors and trailers after trailers all set to be sold. My husband who also is employed at YRC didn't get his letter today either nor did my next door neighbor who is a YRC employee. I'm hoping it's just not clerical.

I bet they are liquidating all their assets for the time coming when all these pensions take them to court for the withdrawal penalties. They will will have run out of money then.