Estes | Chicago area

PistonRing83

TB Veteran
Credits
Guys, im looking at possibly applying with Estes in the future and if there's anyone who is familliar with the Chicago terminals I would like to pick your brains for some info about them.. Looks like McCook, Markham and Elgin are all about the same distance for me, give or take a few miles.

Just curious what your opinions are of those three and what its like to work out of them. Looks like all of them have regional OTR and combination jobs posted. Are all of them breakbulks?

Also curious about your classification systems. I assume regional OTR is a system driver that "runs wild" and stays in hotels? What's combo?

The end goal is to eventually get a scheduled linehaul run, but I assume that's something that takes time to work into with seniority like most other places.

Can get a schedule run in the first year if it's a big terminal. It'll be the one nobody wants more than likely. Chicago is a break terminal.
Combo drivers do what they're asked. Mainly run for drivers off on vacation or sick at big terminals. Wild system runners stay out 5 days and stay in motels. They also fill in for scheduled drivers at times.

Can get a schedule run in the first year if it's a big terminal. It'll be the one nobody wants more than likely. Chicago is a break terminal.
Combo drivers do what they're asked. Mainly run for drivers off on vacation or sick at big terminals. Wild system runners stay out 5 days and stay in motels. They also fill in for scheduled drivers at times.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.