Holland | Chicago brainstroming hiring meeting ?

Guess they are really NOT to interested in hiring Driver's when they don't want to raise the pay !! all the new rookie Driver's out of driving schools are going to Non-union companies with higher pay and a matching 401-K !!

Yeah, I came in at the right time. Atlanta wasn't hiring any road drivers for a while. I'm sure it was mixture of the previous TM overlooking apps and the fact that nobody wanted to come on as a road driver. I've got a few under me now, and senior drivers are retiring one after another.
Save me a spot on the road next summer. My daughter graduates high school and me and the wife are moving back home

You in a good spot at your age and running out of AT. #1 spot will be yours for a long time. Invest heavy in your 401k and use what we have left in pension as a match. Unless a UPS feeder job or freight gets their contract straight and run road drivers correct I would stay put here I know I am only couple years ahead of you.

And being in Atlanta I can bet UPS feeder jobs are gonna be hard to come by... I've been looking for one of them myself out of Doraville or Gainesville...

Guess they are really NOT to interested in hiring Driver's when they don't want to raise the pay !! all the new rookie Driver's out of driving schools are going to Non-union companies with higher pay and a matching 401-K !!
Have you seen the new banner of a truck on the wall at some of the terminals with the number of referral goals for each month and year to date? I am going to chuckle every time I see one of those up on the wall at different terminals and they are not getting anybody! Do they really think we would put our friends and relatives through the grief that we have to put up with every day only to have to work till your 80 because of no pension....they must think we are really a bunch of pricks!

And being in Atlanta I can bet UPS feeder jobs are gonna be hard to come by... I've been looking for one of them myself out of Doraville or Gainesville...
You won't find a full-time UPS Feeder job available to outsiders. They don't hire Feeder Drivers from the outside, they promote them from within their own ranks. Package drivers will take Feeder jobs first, and if none of them want the open feeder job, it goes down to the part-timers. So to get a Feeder job, you first must become a package handler unloading and loading trucks for at least 30 days to become a permanent employee, then you can get added to the list of potential Feeder drivers. But since seniority rules as to who gets the job, you will be on the bottom of the list. You COULD be a part-time package handler for a long time waiting for your opportunity.
Just sayin'.
:popcorn:
A good friend of mine just called me about two weeks ago asking for my advice on this scenario. So my information is up to date and accurate.
Just F.Y.I.
:1036316054:

You won't find a full-time UPS Feeder job available to outsiders. They don't hire Feeder Drivers from the outside, they promote them from within their own ranks. Package drivers will take Feeder jobs first, and if none of them want the open feeder job, it goes down to the part-timers. So to get a Feeder job, you first must become a package handler unloading and loading trucks for at least 30 days to become a permanent employee, then you can get added to the list of potential Feeder drivers. But since seniority rules as to who gets the job, you will be on the bottom of the list. You COULD be a part-time package handler for a long time waiting for your opportunity.
Just sayin'.
A good friend of mine just called me about two weeks ago asking for my advice on this scenario. So my information is up to date and accurate.
Just F.Y.I.

Well I guess that isn't going to happen, I don't have time in my schedule to take a part-time package handling position.

I think that my friend is going to take the {high} risk and try it, but since he is not in good enough physical shape to throw boxes around for hours on end, I think that it might be a mistake. I've been there, done it, so I know how physically demanding it is, and he isn't up to the task in my opinion. I warned him, but the big dollars waiting at the end of the rainbow is clouding his thinking.
Plus, he will be taking a large cut in pay to go there for the first few years.

They talk about needing drivers but the plain and simple truth is that this company's culture is to deliberately destroy all the remaining pride and effective management. As a whole it's working, new hires work standards not being held to anything close to that of older experienced drivers (in fact they simply don't have to perform). Good experienced drivers applying for jobs are ignored or passed over in lieu of the underperforming helpless ones. In my view this company has created the driver shortages and use them to destroy the union or as an excuse to continue the pay cuts. If they allow you to vote on another contract and you strike they will use the same tactics as they did at Interstate Brands. You the employees will be the reason, not the poor unappreciated management that did everything they could, but, golly those selfish employees wanted everything and didn't do anything to keep their jobs. If there was justice in this world, every management person would be on trial for fraud or for impersonating an intelligent human being... So glad I'm retired and out of there.

Just sayin'.
Just F.Y.I.
Me and song would be in the southern region supplement. If no package drivers sign sheet for feeder job it is open to package handler. They must meet all criteria as an outside hire would have too (CDL and good driving record). In my area package guys with high seniority turn down job because they don't want to give up those high number spots on the board. If a package handler doesn't have the same crendentials as outside hire. Song could officially cross over to the dark side.:shift::shift:

Me and song would be in the southern region supplement. If no package drivers sign sheet for feeder job it is open to package handler. They must meet all criteria as an outside hire would have too (CDL and good driving record). In my area package guys with high seniority turn down job because they don't want to give up those high number spots on the board. If a package handler doesn't have the same crendentials as outside hire. Song could officially cross over to the dark side.:shift::shift:
But he would be leavings us at truckingboards for brown cafe.:guiness:

Just sayin'.
Just F.Y.I.
Have heard the same thing your saying Flash, but that is not completely true. Had 2 guys quit my terminal almost 2 years ago, and hired into UPS as feeder drivers in Addison,il. And have not missed a beat since

Have heard the same thing your saying Flash, but that is not completely true. Had 2 guys quit my terminal almost 2 years ago, and hired into UPS as feeder drivers in Addison,il. And have not missed a beat since
Where I am at, there are plenty of package handlers waiting to go to feeders. There won't be any outside hires anytime soon.

So heard they are having a big Brainstorming meeting in Chicago on how to get Driver's to apply ?? Well here's a few clue's [1] pay raise, -15% back [2] our weeks vac. back [3] a matching 401-K [4] have a pay scale higher than non-union carriers [5] treat Driver's better . But that is the last thing they want to here are the facts on how to get Driver's to apply !! Greedy upper management will never learn !!:apologetic:
They are clueless Wong........so the saga continues.(and the freight sits.)