Holland | Chicago brainstroming hiring meeting ?

Agree and yep since this big meeting ZERO driver's hired !! Guess their idea of not raising the pay is working huh ??

zaeDC1M.jpg

And listen to the whining that we are stealing work......I don't think so! :D
We already are guys slide tandems, put trailers to dock during week at home terminal, flip/add placards all the time. This ::shit:: will add up and will become our work come next contract. We gave up city men doing our switches when going thru terminals what's next? City men will start to complain when they go home early. If they start filing on it maybe they can preserve their work.

Last edited:
We already are guys slide tandems, put trailers to dock during week at home terminal, flip/add placards all the time. This :::shit::: will add up and will become our work come next contract. We gave up city men doing our switches when going thru terminals what's next? City men will start to complain when they go home early. If they start filing on it maybe they can preserve their work.
They asked me to back my trailer into the dock at my home barn this morning....I gave the morning dispatcher the evil eye and then backed it into a dock and wrote down a quarter hour waiting for dispatch and went home!

Does your barn have yard guys if so i would be filing out of classification
Yes I gave dispatcher a hard time but he says it is ok if I just back into dock and do not drop the trailer. They sure like to get every last bit of work out of you they can.

Maybe it's time to go to ONE board in 2019 , and everybody does whatever job there is to do , no this crybaby crap .its city work or line-haul work or yard guys work , everybody needs to just do the job that needs doing period , these who's job work rules are the downfall of the company period............. :6788:

We had a great week for hiring at my barn.....no new road drivers....had one road driver retire.....had one road driver quit and go back to his old job.....and a third is waiting on a call about a job today. At this rate we should run out of drivers by Christmas.
That's funny, as sad as it is.

Maybe it's time to go to ONE board in 2019 , and everybody does whatever job there is to do , no this crybaby crap .its city work or line-haul work or yard guys work , everybody needs to just do the job that needs doing period , these who's job work rules are the downfall of the company period............. :6788:
I don't agree with you, there are many reasons for the downfall of this company, but having two boards is not one of them. In my humble opinion!

I don't agree with you, there are many reasons for the downfall of this company, but having two boards is not one of them. In my humble opinion!
I don't disagree with you ,and yes 2 boards or 1 board probably not change anything and a very low moral problem is some of it , but think about it ,how many times a day you see & hear that's not my job , so freight doesn't get loaded, and trailers don't get backed in or trucks don't get fueled or tipped over freight left in trailer for the next guy & etc crap daily , and I would finish this posting but its not my job !!

I don't disagree with you ,and yes 2 boards or 1 board probably not change anything and a very low moral problem is some of it , but think about it ,how many times a day you see & hear that's not my job , so freight doesn't get loaded, and trailers don't get backed in or trucks don't get fueled or tipped over freight left in trailer for the next guy & etc crap daily , and I would finish this posting but its not my job !!
I don't hear that because I am a road driver....if I had to work the city I would work elsewhere. I work P&D for almost twenty years for another company and when I walked away from it ten years ago I said never again and I meant it.