Yellow | Chicago Heights

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg827331#msg827331 date=1273090160]
yes mr 90120 does care about the company whats wrong with that hes never lied to me or asked me to violate any work rules
[/quote] :biglaugh: Tell me how you really feel? Read the post again catfish, I said drivers not company.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg820831#msg820831 date=1270946045]
Closing Chicago Ridge was wrong. When Chicago is profitable YRC makes a profit. With Roadway, over 40% of there freight went thru Chicago and they always made a profit. SAME THING WITH YELLOW!!! With YRC avoiding the triples lanes on I 80 they are only driving up the cost of moving freight.
[/quote]Sounds like the surviving management are not making the profitable decisions again. It just reflects the unexperieced management as the KPI. No need to perform any reverse logistics on this one. Thats what YRC gets for not resisting to suboptimize their business.

Maybe if they got rid of their ASP Computer Software, and use an ERP System on a Global Economy, YRC can predict better forecasts. YRC could also create a better use of metrics to be profitable again and provide more efficient service to their customers. Customers only want to be able to callaborate with a trucking company they can trust.

If YRC only knew how to use a more proper way of using a letter of credit, they can probably create an intermodal service to attract more customers, therefore create more jobs for people.

I was wondering if the dock workers use RFID's to record the nodes that provide the links of whats on the rainbow pallets that get loaded and unload on/off the trucks? Probably not, but it would help YRC out a lot if their trying to cross-dock their freight all the time.

Customers like having a 3PL trucking company that provides sufficient JIT services. Then YRC can be in a position to ATP and also to set up more vertical/horizontal logistics relationship with their customers, and then YRC can reactivate their FTE's.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg827331#msg827331 date=1273090160]
yes mr 90120 does care about the company whats wrong with that hes never lied to me or asked me to violate any work rules
[/quote]Well if Mr. 90210 cares about the company so much. What was I talking about in post #122?

It isn't hard for a so-called professional management figure, to understand what I am referring too about YRC/309. Those are the basic priciples of any supply chain management field in logistics. I believe the word (inexperienced) was the word I was looking for.

I even gave a couple of days for a reply. Where that post at? Oh, here it is.

"this isn't Roadway its YRC." "nobody cares who you worked for in the past." <<<(Remember that, kingfish)?

So is that the new excuse for stupidity, when management screws up? Can't blame it on Central Dispatch, because that is the boss. Just blame it on the driver/dock, give them a warning letter, that always seemed to be the best way out of dealing with the pressure and inexperience as a manager.

Those down right lies and false truths just keep reappearing for some reason. :biglaugh:

I got banned for this statment once before but here goes again,under the contract they had 1 year to dovetail the co.s ,then it was 3 years,then it was 5years .5 years and 5mos later they finnaly did it,roadway personal got the deal of the century,they should have been end tailed ,they know it we know it,next time a road way driver tells you anything tell them shut up and give back your seniorty to the man who deserves it. :duel:

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79086.msg828552#msg828552 date=1273477847]
I got banned for this statment once before but here goes again,under the contract they had 1 year to dovetail the co.s ,then it was 3 years,then it was 5years .5 years and 5mos later they finnaly did it,roadway personal got the deal of the century,they should have been end tailed ,they know it we know it,next time a road way driver tells you anything tell them shut up and give back your seniorty to the man who deserves it. :duel:
[/quote]I agree, they did get the deal of the lifetime. I was at 163 on seniority, until I had 230 people jump in front of me. I guess they are having a hard time calling people back to work. Calling a person back to work, and only working one trip a week doesn't quite work. There is a lot of paperwork with unemployment to keep flip-flopping.

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=79086.msg828552#msg828552 date=1273477847]
[/quote]
I don't know what NMFA you are reading.:chairshot: But before you show just how uninformed you really are perhaps you should read Article 5 Section 2. For what it is worth it is REALLY time for all accept that there is not now AND NEVER will be a YFS again! :stir: Big R is gone, too. :hissy: But whether you like it or not THOSE facts are NOT in dispute. :shift:

I agree, they did get the deal of the lifetime. I was at 163 on seniority, until I had 230 people jump in front of me. I guess they are having a hard time calling people back to work. Calling a person back to work, and only working one trip a week doesn't quite work. There is a lot of paperwork with unemployment to keep flip-flopping.

It's hard to believe Chicago teamsters felt they had a ting-a-ling contract and seniority dove-tail was not in the contract. More hard to believe the local president..the infamous MR Pat F thought it was a good idea

but at long last we know why the speghett don't like big r drivers..they bumped him out

The road drivers have been NMFA for as long as I can remember. 710 dock & office are white paper. We Chicago 710 road drivers have ALWAYS dovetailed on COO's whether as Yellow, Roadway, or YRC. :popcorn:

yea i got a great deal when yellow came along, i lost my bid then my job, took a pay cut and probably wont ever see any more pension payments the company i used to work for was profitable and held numerous real estate assets which were mostly sold to support this pos new outfit thats full of whiners and hypocrites. yea us roadways workers got the deal of the century, you guys are to much

:popcorn: :popcorn:

The bottom line is no matter how negative decisions are made, those decisions will have a negative impact on someone and they won't be happy about it.

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79086.msg828776#msg828776 date=1273548101]
:popcorn: :popcorn:

The bottom line is no matter how negative decisions are made, those decisions will have a negative impact on someone and they won't be happy about it.
[/quote]A negative attitude only creates a negative business. Not having a sense of direction only leads to greater confusion and frustration among the rest.

Until the fiscal structure is solidified to the point where a retrenchment strategy is no longer warranted, those decisions will continue to be made.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg828634#msg828634 date=1273513602]
yea i got a great deal when yellow came along, i lost my bid then my job, took a pay cut and probably wont ever see any more pension payments the company i used to work for was profitable and held numerous real estate assets which were mostly sold to support this pos new outfit thats full of whiners and hypocrites. yea us roadways workers got the deal of the century, you guys are to much
[/quote]Oh, excuses are like farts, everybody's got them and they all stink. :fart:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79086.msg829342#msg829342 date=1273721267]
[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79086.msg828634#msg828634 date=1273513602]
[/quote]Oh, excuses are like farts, everybody's got them and they all stink. :fart:
[/quote]

prodshot_gas_softgels.gif

:thumbsup:http://www.mylanta.com/mylanta-gas-maximum-strength-softgels :thumbsup:

You may want to offer that to the CEO of YRC. No one seems to like his business ethics on how he runs the company. So far I think he has done a wonderful job. He kept the company running above sea-level so far. He just needs to change a couple of the techniques to make it more profitable company again. He is counting on the Yes voters. Read the back of a Yellow Freight trailer, what does it say? It says "YES WE CAN."

After the votes passed with the Yes vote. YRC became the (Y)es (R)unning (C)rew.

Now start living up to the YRC company motto. :biglaugh:

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=79086.msg826594#msg826594 date=1272850149]
To Pup Driver, Yellow bought Roadway and then came the paycut, no pension, the race for the industry downward. We can talk to any Union Leader about who treated who worse. I know better!!! Plus, I would never blame my fellow TEAMSTER for what management is doing to us now.
[/quote]Don't ask management to check the computer for vacation time or to fill out any vacation forms either.

The day time driver foreman threatens to call security on drivers who ask for help filling out vacation forms. I just hope that driver called Human Resources and the Local 710 to report it.

Seems like inducing drivers with hostility and the verbal diarrhea hasn't stopped over there, yet.

I wonder if Mr. 90210 knows what kind of leadership team he has working underneath him, if he cares about the company so much?

If anyone in Chicago is interested in buying Chicago "Blackhawks" tickets for this Sunday's game, let me know. I have 4 tickets Section 107 row 2. 2nd row from the glass.