Yellow | Chicago ridge reopening!

What I find mystifying about all this, if you have seen 301 you would wonder what all the fuss is. The only legitimate reason IMO to like that place is if you live nearby. And if you are a dockman, why for any reason, would you want to work on the dock?

What am I missing here....? if you are a dockman - why would you want to work on the dock?
As far as the mystifying fuss, there's no wonder at all......... YOU have contributed a great deal on the subject.
The only legitimate reason IMO to like that place.............. Sounds as if your opinion is of a residential point of view and not of a business one...

Here r more reasons to want to go back to the ridge. It has a locker room so no need to carry in suitcases for extra clothing, wide dock makes working easier, better lighting in the yard and dock , yard is not a cut up maze ,bigger shop , big dock for ib and ob freight and little dock for city less shuttles equals less times freight being handled , high ceiling on dock , bathroom don't smell like ****, can drink the water, restaurants in area , closer to the city .why do we have Bolingbrook picking up freight near city to drive back to Bolingbrook to then send to 309? And yes closer for me!!!!!!!

Yellow97, heres a little tidbit you might want to chew on, YRC relocated its Toledo operation in September of 2012, since the move theyve laid off 4 or 5 men, bottom man on this board has 25 years seniority, Coldwater Michigans lease is over as of March 2013, the talk is they are possibly moving 30 miles north MAYBE, or possibly dividing the area up between a few terminals, this is all the word out of Coldwater, if they divide the area 20 year men might be out of work,if they move the op north word has it they might cut even more. Now you hoping to move back to the Ridge, and the TALK on this board is the company will close down some more eols if this move happens.. My guess is 97 is your seniority?? Just from what Ive seen and heard, everytime they move or have a coo which would be the case IF they consolidate those eols into the Ridge you just might be on the lay-off line or even put further down the lay-off list if you are laid off. As far as the men out of Toledo, 2 were cut just before the move but were told theyd be back soon because of moving to the samller facility, 2 more were cut in the beginning of November, and was just laid-off around Jan 1st.. My dates on these lay-offs migt not be correct since I no longer at YRC in Toledo, but Im thinkin Im pretty close.. All I am saying here is becareful for what you wish for

That is plenty to chew on! But after working at both terminals dock and yard, it's my opinion that for chicago to thrive and bring teamsters back to work it has to b moved back to 301. Here r some facts about 301 ,10 moves an hour average , 3 hard hooks an hour , 3 to 4 bills an hour with ease. 309 average moves 5to 7 an hour ,hard hooks 1 an hour , dock bills per hour 2 .50 to 2.70.
Same people why different results? If this change causes me to b laid off than so b it , it can't b any worse than these last few years!!!!

I personally dont care where they move Chicago to, all Im saying is EVERYTIME theres a change no matter where it goes there always seems to be cuts of manpower somewhere or somehow. Just a little more to think about, Holland is hiring.

What am I missing here....? if you are a dockman - why would you want to work on the dock?
As far as the mystifying fuss, there's no wonder at all......... YOU have contributed a great deal on the subject.
The only legitimate reason IMO to like that place.............. Sounds as if your opinion is of a residential point of view and not of a business one...

Since both you and Yellow97 keep insisting this move will result in increased profitability would you mind answering a question? If as a business owner you were going to operate a motor freight business, would you want a facility where your employees were limited in their diversity? I.E. I don't drive or I don't work the dock. Or would you want a facility where all your employees were EMPOWERED to do what ever job YOU needed them to do?

Why would everyone have to b a combo at a break? I was on a combo bid at an eol for 6 months and was never used! Can you elaborate on why it necessary .

Why do you care? Go away if you don't like it Douchebag

Why the name calling?? His Statement didn't warrant such an adolescent remark..... It would be nice if the tone and intellectual level could be elevated on TB...its comments like those that have no place on here......You can disagree..yes fine...but try and do so in a more adult manner......please....

I purchased a patriot backpack for my daughter Lt Kathleen and believed it too be the best any Army Officer in Iraq has...if I can get some info on the new douce bag Its sounds pretty important and I would want the best for her ...thanks in advance and I hope too learn and to be of help

Or it means driving a big truck in the snow and ice at all hours of the day and night.. From listening to the Yellow heritage men I worked with at a few barns, they felt ALL dockmen should have cdls or not be working for YRCw. or is it F this month?? Bottom line, a majority of the other trucklines dockmen are cdl qualified, unless they are part-time or casuals.. You want this company to be profitable then outside of our white paper agreement we should have all of the qualifications to do what the nonunions lines do as far as servicing the customer.. The days of strictly dockmen are going by the wayside.

Why the name calling?? His Statement didn't warrant such an adolescent remark..... It would be nice if the tone and intellectual level could be elevated on TB...its comments like those that have no place on here......You can disagree..yes fine...but try and do so in a more adult manner......please....

Sorry I hurt you and your partners feelings.