Yellow | Chicago

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
OK guys...today is the day...no more bullshit rumors and "I heard this",etc,etc!

I deal in documented facts...that is why I have not responded to some of ya'lls posts and comments for the last 2-3 days.

I am not in Chicago due to the JC75 meeting being in Atlanta today and it could not be put off.

As soon as our Business Agent is finished in Chicago, he will be calling us and will be giving us THE FACTS, and we will be getting them out pronto!

Locals will be meeting on the facts this week (Local 728 will be this Saturday @ 10Am) with ALL YRCW members.

Stay in touch with The YRC Forum after 4 PM today for updates....those who follow me above on Twitter will probably get it first!.....KK

The TDU will have it posted by lunchtime is my bet. They must have kept this one in a lockbox. I bet the rumors arent far off.

The TDU will have it posted by lunchtime is my bet. They must have kept this one in a lockbox. I bet the rumors arent far off.

We better hope and pray that the pension rumors are rumors.......I could handle pension deferrments and payed back but not a pension termination.......Once it is gone it is gone forever........:TR10driving03:........

We better hope and pray that the pension rumors are rumors.......I could handle pension deferrments and payed back but not a pension termination.......Once it is gone it is gone forever........:TR10driving03:........

A question I would ask if I were retired or planning to in the next two months is, " if the membership votes to approve a 14 month termination( assuming that's what it is)
then if YRC closes in the next few months, shouldn't I be protected against my pension falling to the lower rate because the union and trustees agreed to the termination period?"

Don't Leave Chicago Without It!

If your fund is in the Red Zone, and has a rehabiliation plan, you'd better tell your B.A. not to leave Chicago today, without talking to your Pension Fund officials first! Funds like Western States, and others still in the Green Zone, are probably just going to suspend giving credit for the months they don't receive contributions and will stop accruals, BUT funds in the Red Zone like Central States, Local 707, etc...they are mandated by the Pension Protection Act to make certain changes which could include the "elimination of adjustable benefits" aka "early retirement"! I hope at least Local 728 will get this info from the Central States Pension Fund officials before they leave Chicago today!:TR10driving03: