Estes | Chicago

shaggysp

TB Lurker
Credits
I am frustrated with the Chicago Terminal. A majority of the pups are impossible to get to the landing gear. ( Many of the pups are actually touching each other and damaged when the back them into a spot. ( saw two yard Jockeys and a driver hit trailers at my last trip to the hell hole) My last trip required me to have the yard jockey pull the pup far enough forward for me to get o the landing gear. But, it didn't matter because after I attached my lead pup and set up and attached the dolly, it was for nothing. The Clamp attaching the dolly to the lead pup wouldn't clamp shut and I had to go to trailer shop to get it fixed. The trailer wasn't going to be ready anytime soon and dispatch dispatched me on another load that required me to find two more pups. Both OF witch was hazmat, but both trailer had their hazmat holder clamps ripped off and laying near the trailer from them backing it up. It basically took me 3 and 1/2 hours to get the load and onto the road. TO much time for 7.50. Markham is so much better.
.. I was typing on my phone and by poor grammar skills are at full throttle and I apologize for the choppy complaint

We deal with same bull in Fontana bro. We are over capacity and have been for a while now. We get a large majority of new trucks and trailers while simultaneously getting rid of the old. Really frustrating, but it is what it is. Growing pains?? Our yard was deigned to only handle about 40 53's. We have triple that amount. As a matter a fact were receiving 30 more from u guys. The shop said company bought 3,000 new pups, we'll be shipping out and bringing in new trailers up to the end of the year. Smh. Or how about having to move 53's to get to both trailers to hook a set? One time we actually had to hook sets on the street.

This is a very big problem that needs to be addressed company wide at a lot of terminals. The powers that manage the real estate need to correct this . It's ashamed that so many , practically every new trailer will get dented and scratched , on our own yards!!!! I know Real Estate is costly but the equipment and repairs are too.

I am frustrated with the Chicago Terminal. A majority of the pups are impossible to get to the landing gear. ( Many of the pups are actually touching each other and damaged when the back them into a spot. ( saw two yard Jockeys and a driver hit trailers at my last trip to the hell hole) My last trip required me to have the yard jockey pull the pup far enough forward for me to get o the landing gear. But, it didn't matter because after I attached my lead pup and set up and attached the dolly, it was for nothing. The Clamp attaching the dolly to the lead pup wouldn't clamp shut and I had to go to trailer shop to get it fixed. The trailer wasn't going to be ready anytime soon and dispatch dispatched me on another load that required me to find two more pups. Both OF witch was hazmat, but both trailer had their hazmat holder clamps ripped off and laying near the trailer from them backing it up. It basically took me 3 and 1/2 hours to get the load and onto the road. TO much time for 7.50. Markham is so much better.
.. I was typing on my phone and by poor grammar skills are at full throttle and I apologize for the choppy complaint
It looks better since Markham opened

Nearly every landing gear on a pup has to be wound up and down with 2 hands. More yards than not are like this. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on the building at some of these places. Hopefully it's just a growing pain though.

Nearly every landing gear on a pup has to be wound up and down with 2 hands. More yards than not are like this. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on the building at some of these places. Hopefully it's just a growing pain though.
I've been seeing more and more of that! Can I just say....so far Owensboro needs to be MOVED! Jesus is that yard retardedly TIGHT! Jersey City AND North Bergen are easier!

If those two are easier I'm glad I'll never see Owensboro.
LMAO......just wait...once you get in gate....you have NO option BUT to break your set, or else you are screwed! 53 footer? HA you're gonna wish you were back to reefer/general freight backing in NYC or downtown Chicago! TRUST ME! I think you'll like it though. ;)

Why do we have so many damn 53's? We're an LTL company for Petes sake..

Sorry Pete.
haha Averitt Extress is LTL and they don't have any pups at all. I think they are the only ones. But I have a friend at OD and we talk all the time, he did ask why I pull more 53's than doubles? But, lately, it's been more doubles. I pulled a 53 yesterday, and it was the first one I had pulled in about 2 weeks.