Chipper Jones - Spring Training

Stan Smith

TB Regular
Credits
Just standing there watching Chipper and Brain Mccain field grounders at 3rd by myself because they were playing the god awful Mets. Kid comes down beside me and busts out huge picture of Chipper and starts yelling "chipper can I get an autograph, maybe after bp, etc". I say you think you'll get one? Get says nope, been here all week and haven't got one yet.

Note: He said Mccain was a nice guy and signed earlier for him in week.
Chipper waved to us like a couple of school girls...
View attachment 577

Roadrunner73 said:
I was never a fan of Larry. Having fun Stan?

Larry? My first spring training and its been a real nice experience. I read about it but thought its all hype... it wasn't.

Yeah Larry "Chipper" Jones. You should have said hey Larry how about an autograph. If u do snap a pic I wanna see the reaction lol. Just coming back from fishing in the Gulf. Fun day.

Roadrunner73 said:
Yeah Larry "Chipper" Jones. You should have said hey Larry how about an autograph. If u do snap a pic I wanna see the reaction lol. Just coming back from fishing in the Gulf. Fun day.

According to the die hard fans that follow the team to spring training and come to see the braves every year. Hes known to not sign and act like a Diva.

Starkravinloon said:
Damn Stan, how old is Chip now, 55.....

I know really!?! I was thinking the same thing. I was looking at those kids fir the Mets and they look like they just graduated high school. Then I look over at Chipper....

Guessing he doesn't wanna devalue his signature at this point in his career.