Central Transport | Chris truck lines on new pay scale!!!!

otrpetercar777

TB Lurker
Credits
Well It's only been two years better late than never!!!!!!! All chris and Kansas Motor Freight drivers moving to Vitran pay scale. Effective April 1st! No more drop and hook pay! For some this hits the old pay check, the more drops you have on your run the less you will make, unless you have been in the system for awhile.:nutkick: But, we still do not have the option of working the dock or a hourly wage so we got half the pay. All salary drivers are now by the mile. Vitran St.Louis adding 3 three linehauls, 1KC 1 CHICAGO 1 relay with the Dallas! Still looking for 2 extra board drivers in OKC, 1 Houston,1San Antonio.:1036316054: For me it was a increase of about 4 dollars:funky:

I would also Like to nominate Russell H. for acting president of all operations....Russell for president!!!!!08 RUSSELL!!!!RUSSELL!!!!!!!!RUSSELL!!!!!!!!!:funky: :1036316054: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

Donate the 4 dollars to "Help Feed the Needy Vitran Drivers of Louisville."

J/K

Did they implement the tier scale there? Here in Louisville, we're tier 3 ( I think) That means we make lots less that even other Vitran Drivers. I feel sorry for the tier 4 drivers. They get the shaft.

Salary Drivers? What's that?

I don't believe anyone is happy about the new scale.... Just happy to get some kind of increase.

Although the new scale falls about a nickle below LTL standard its a start. If they come through with a annual "cost of living" increase across the board it is workable.

:hide: There is a sence of desperation in Wichita, I wonder if Vitran buying Terminals and putting in the new computer system in their area has anything to do with that?

Even though this increase wasn't enough at this point, it has changed the wage structure away from the Dugan's Good Ol' Boys Scale, and that is a good thing.:1036316054:

On the tier system question the answer is no.

Chris just implemented there own pay system that starts @ .36 cpm and tops @ .44 cpm after 4 years... It's a act of desperation to keep the drivers working and not jump to the new competition in town USF Holland.:Duel:

This is what Vitran means when they say "One team One Vision"....:Bondage:

All of the "BID" runs at Chris are salary, CPM times five runs a week for most of us. WE have a short weeks and a long week....Sun thru SAT and then MON thru FRI instead of a small pay check and a big check they just pay 5 trips a week. IT works out I guess.

:hysterical: "Bid" Runs thats a joke, there hasn't been any "bid runs" @ Chris since they bought Kansas and put the red sleeper trucks running Chris freight with Kansas Trucks.

:biglaugh: Bid runs are done by senority at each terminal by each terminal Manager yearly, What Chris calls a "Bid run" is to let each driver that goes along and gets along have the run they want.:butt kiss:

They should put a "Mickey Mouse" decal on every Chris Tractors Wind Deflector, because thats what it is under the Dugans management, "A Mickey Mouse Outfit".:rofl2:

Okay just for shear reading enjoyment, the jostel of inteligent arguement and that of others here it goes.(oh yeah I'm bored) You said "bid runs thats a joke" ok, lets dive into that! You go into work tonight and your foreman said, your going to do something else tonight lets say a lay down run, you would problay come unglued! You would base your arguement on the fact that is your run! You would go as far as calling our dispatch and screaming about the injustice! So yes, you have a "bid run" so lets remember how you put it "let each driver that goes along and gets along have the run that they want....:butt kiss: ". Yes I understand that we as Chris drivers aren't paid the same, well gee-golly-o-whiz you agreed to the pay,the run and the benifets! (I really hate sound like a corprate puke here but it is the truth!) YOU CHOOSE TO WORK FOR THIS "MICKEY MOUSE OUTFIT"!!!!!!! WE LIVE IN AMERICA!!!!!! FREEDOM NOT COMMUNISM!!!!! THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT MAKE YOU A TRUCK DRIVER NOR DID IT PLACE YOU AT THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!! As a society we want more,more,more! We see somebody has it better than us and we want it! Our cmpany was bought out and corprate drivers make more than us, guess what Pjax makes just alittle bit more than Vitran! Cry me a friggin river! You have been here for atleast two years, (B4 the buy out) that means that you were making this wage before and was making it finacially before! If you hate it so much and you think that you are being done so wrong go somewhere else. Then you can come on here and tell us how good you have it and how stupid we are to stay! Lets just say that well maybe you realize your getting up there in age and no matter how bad you say you have it, you'll stay because you have no other choice! Wait heres a good idea for you. Switch to a city P and D sweat it out on Omaha streets over the summer and then request to switch to line haul! With this full proof plan you will be a high paid Vitran driver! (Heck your half way there your driving a Vitran truck now!) It will only take a little lie tell them your having family problems and you really need this change "for your family". You like to buck the system anyways so this won't be that hard! FULL PROOF!!! It just takes a little lie and a little sweat on the streets and your in like flint! So with your own words I say to you:nutkick: :chairshot: See you on the flip side and we are 10-10 and ready for you rebuttal!

Wow

Well It's only been two years better late than never!!!!!!! All chris and Kansas Motor Freight drivers moving to Vitran pay scale. Effective April 1st! No more drop and hook pay! For some this hits the old pay check, the more drops you have on your run the less you will make, unless you have been in the system for awhile.:nutkick: But, we still do not have the option of working the dock or a hourly wage so we got half the pay. All salary drivers are now by the mile. Vitran St.Louis adding 3 three linehauls, 1KC 1 CHICAGO 1 relay with the Dallas! Still looking for 2 extra board drivers in OKC, 1 Houston,1San Antonio.:1036316054: For me it was a increase of about 4 dollars:funky:
Maybe you could buy a new car.

Heck yeah get rid of that pee yellow mousetang and get something cheaper on insurance like a hmmmmmmm............Huffy!!! and I will go with the optional banana seat:hysterical: :funky: :biglaugh:

otrpetercar,

Chill man, you want someone to get you something? Man, I never knew any of the things you described, i just fell off the flatbed yesterday. This must be what happens when you trade wages and benifets for a fancy truck that makes a rich man richer.

All Chris ever was before the sale to Vitran, was a tax deduction for a rich family. Thats what they needed Kansas for, Chris accidently made money and they might have to pay their share of taxes in this great country of ours. Emagine that, making money and having to pay taxes! Nothing went to wages and benifets though, with exception of the :butt kiss: in Wichita.

If you put Chris next to the competition, Saia, Oldf, Fed-ex Freight, UPS Freight, exc. you'll see what a LTL freight company really is, and this is what i meant about a Micky Mouse Outfit. Don't take things so personal! Maybe someday they'll let us be real freight LTL drivers, with real bid runs, and real LTL Wages, but i wouldn't hold my breath as long as Chris has his people in charge.

As far as for me i only play the cards i'm dealt, it may be a s#!ty hand but it was all that was available at the time. I do agree with you on one thing, it's not going to be a bed of roses at Vitran, but they are paid well for their misery, unlike chris and thats what pay's my bills, not a big shinny truck. Oh, by the way Vitran Express is just one of 4 Vitran Corp. LTL Companies in the U.S., The other 3 are: Serria West, PJAC, and Chris. If they can pay the Vitran drivers and the PJAC drivers that don't have Doubles,Triples/has-mat endoresments, the way they do, ( and by the way, they are getting a cost of living raise 04-02-07) they can do alot better on the Chris side then they do, must be those great managers in Wichita going broke again.

The only people at Chris who are making a good living are the people in management that are manipulating people into believing that garbage.

Wow, wait a mininte, scratch all that, maybe Vitran is only Chris Truck Lines Agent, i've heard that one from Wichita also.:hysterical:

My point exactly, things are changing, heads are going to roll, don't get caught up in the :poster_stupid: desperation in Wichita.:TR10driving03:

i work for pjax and have doubles and triples.we all have hazmat,we use to pull pups back in the day but changed to long box operation.

Hi Gearraker,:smilie_132:

Well that is how much stock you can put in rumors, Its been going around back here that you didn't... How's things going back there? We would be fine here, except certain people have to be hit between the eyes with a stick before they pay attention. Management gives them something less then they should have had all along, and some people slobber all over them.

Rumor also has it Vitran Drivers are getting a cost of living raise 04-02-07, how about PJAC, heard anything there?

I understand they are putting the new computer system in OKC. & Denver, maybe that rumor is valid. If so that's a good thing.:1036316054:

alot of our drivers dont have doubles and triples because its not required but some of us do.besides they could not pay me enough money to pull what pups we have,they are junk.we get a .25 cost living raise every 6mo.we acutaly have raise schdule up untill 2009.whitch is kinda cool because i know when iam getting my raises.i know my terminal in columbus is out of room i dont no were we will put vitran freight,plus they have not starded construction in cinncy.my tm said it could be a yr before anything happens

Looking at Vitran's "New Hire" pay sheet of 01-22-07 It shows Tier 2 top scale(after four years) of .49 cpm and $19.24 an hour which is at top scale in 2 years. Is this before the .035-.015 cpm increase for the loss of pins, or after? Why do P&D drivers top out 2 years earlier then LH?

Chris LH @.44cpm would be about a nickel behind Tier 2 which is what Indy is Correct?

I wonder if Chris LH was brought into the Vitran System would they be on the "New Hire" Scale or the Old Scale? Because they bought Chris 2 years ago, Seems to me they would be on the old scale, but i'm sure that isn't the way they'll see it.

Has anyone heard how they are going to merge Vitran & PJAC'S pay scale, or are they?

How about Serria West?

well i hope not because iam at 20.25 hr and will get a cost of living raise in september of .25.we dont have direct deposit or a credit union though,witch i hope we get,someday