Christie wins in New Jersey, CNN predicts; Virginia is too Tight!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Nov 5, 2013.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Now you have a couple of ideas on where they stand on the "birther" Issue.......It just re-enforces my comments.....

Cruz was born in Canada.... Obama was born in the USA......like I also said before, If you consider the time and Money spent on trying to prove Obama was foreign Born...I think that would have been conclusively proven by now.... It basically comes down to which Political "flavor" they prefer.....Which is their prerogative to do so... I fully support their right to believe what they wish....

Personally, I have not seen any of the "evidence" as being credible enough to warrant a change in my opinion.....In the broader picture it seems rather silly....Not to say that at some point something could surface that would prove their "case"........but in the meantime, I feel that the "birthers" have such a strong distaste... or shall I say, hatred, of Obama, that they just use this as something else to throw out there and keep things stirred up among themselves....to re-enforce each other...Because I seriously doubt that the majority of People actually take that viewpoint seriously......The demographics are changing in this Country...slowly albeit, but still changing....and that is a force that can't be stopped. The Tea party wing of the Republican Party, however, is desperately trying to stop that societal change..... While they may enjoy "victories" here and there, overall they will succumb to the force of a changing society.....If the Greatness of this Country, and the institutions that have made it great, are to be preserved we are going to have to rely on the younger Generations that are coming....In my opinion of course...

2. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

The smart evolve the rest gradually go extinct. But I guess most in the GOP don't believe in evolution.......adios dinosaurs

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Thanks for the beers... But that's fact..LOL

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

See, I'm not a Republican first......I'm a Conservative first. And if the Republican party becomes "Moderate", I will not vote for them. They can lean more to the left if they choose to, but I will be gone. I'll vote for whatever party best represents my Conservative views. If I want a party that's got Liberal leanings, I'll just vote Democrat in general, and help sink this ship at a faster pace than it already is. Sometimes things have to sink completely to the bottom before there will be change.

5. Northern Flash

If it was either sit back, shut up, and watch my Country collapse because of Liberal policies OR go by the way of the dinosaurs, I'll take the path of the dinosaurs. lol

6. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

The GOP needs to put a muzzle on the Theocratic wing of the party. Let's spend more time lowering taxes and curbing excessive spending and quit worrying about abortion and who wants to marry whom.

Let me see my bank account fatten up and let me worry about saving my own soul. I quit calling myself a Republican when ole George brought Jerry Falwell up on the stage with him, announcing their allegiance, and talked about returning America back into the days of the1950s.

Let there be a true separation of church and state. People of faith and heathens alike all care about their money and how much of it they are allowed to keep.

The Republican stance on social issues has driven away young and female voters in droves. They could have taken back the White House by sticking to fiscal issues and kept their nose out of everybody's bedroom.

7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You'll change your mind I'm certain one day you will be reminding us of the many qualities of Mr Cristy

8. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

I give you credit for sticking to your values....Sometimes I believe that Most of our Politicians only "values" are what is expedient for them and what keeps them in power... which is a stark contrast to most of us out in the real world beyond the confines of their "World" which only revolves around them.....As I've stated in the past, I believe that it is beyond voting our way to a better solution.....For us, it is sinking... and will continue to sink.....without regard for who occupies the White House..

Sometime...yes unfortunately...

9. Starkravinloon

So far, no answers.. Just blab and jokes.... I guess this is all funny to some.. And to me some are funny.. Like how many million people could be so ignorant 2 times in a row... And look what we got... Now that's funny..LMAO

A healthcare system that is bound and determined to fail...LOL.. And who loses.. Yeah, the people... Because the ones who voted for the bill, still have their "Cadillac plans"....

10. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

I completely understand this viewpoint which is similar in theory to my own. I put myself somewhere between Secular Republican and Not So Extreme Libertarian.

I liked Ronald Reagan well enough but feel he should have had a tighter leash on Nancy, not allowing her to wage her campaign against marijuana, alienating millions of potential future Republicans. John Lennon lost credibility with me in much the same manner by allowing Yoko Ono to perform in public.

I freely admit voting for Bill Clinton for his first term, but have voted for the GOP in every presidential election since then and in state elections as well on the premise that they will perhaps overspend slightly less than the Dems. I vote for any Libertarian candidate in local elections on the theory that they have to gain a foothold from the ground up, although the odds are I won't live long enough to see them gain any meaningful power.

11. Magoo

I think it was two weeks ago, have you forgot already?

12. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Sorry for being away, but no one told me you could mix pills,pot, and pain mEdicine in one sitting.... I fell like a bear after a long winter hibernation.
    After I eat this steak and take a handful of Hydro's... I'll make another worthless post..puff...puff

13. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

....I said pills, pot,then more pills..... It's all so confusing

14. Magoo

Thats all OK
    but be careful with the TransFats

15. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Fat chicks roCk !!
    Watch out for that Ricky Ricardo guy on tb..... He's country crazy, with a dash of bipolar.

16. Starkravinloon

No, the government never really "shut down"? Did it? What they did find out was, that they could fire about 40,000 deadbeats and still get the job done....

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

But then they gave them back pay, for staying home.....

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Ricky- the 'social issues' ARE Fiscal issues:

For instance: Repubs fought against paying for Birth Control as part of O Care. They were branded as 'War on Women'. What is now the result? Women that Did have Health insurance for 'cheap', now, are being offered plans that cost three-four times as much, with three times the deductibles....so- it seems to me that they would have been far better off paying for their own Birth Control for a few dollars a month, as to now going bankrupt trying to pay for the insurance that provides it 'for free'..... 93 Million people will potentially have their insurance dropped, so 70 year old menopaused women will now get to pay thru the nose to get Free Birth Control that they have no use for.....

19. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

The fact that we're even talking about the Federal Gov't and birth control in the same sentence...kinda goes to show you how out of control it's gotten. I'm pretty sure the founders are rolling over in their graves at what the Feds have their hands in

20. Northern Flash

Nope. I wouldn't wait for that to happen Bro. IF he were to get elected, I'll pick him apart for being too Liberal every day..........just like I do to this tool of yours.