Estes | christmas party

i don't think its up to mr. estes it has more to do with you your TM and whether or not he wants to spend the money I dont think mr estes has time to go planning everones christmas partys and besides i miss half of the stuff that goes on at my terminal anyway

i don't think its up to mr. estes it has more to do with you your TM and whether or not he wants to spend the money I dont think mr estes has time to go planning everones christmas partys and besides i miss half of the stuff that goes on at my terminal anyway

so your terminal is having a christmas party then

Ditto, Being on the extra board I miss just about everything that goes on at my terminal. In some cases thats a good thing. :tongue1:

We haven't had a Christmas party at our terminal for quite some time. The last one we had was put on by the TM. That was 10 years ago. I don't think we have one scheduled for this year either.

Ditto, Being on the extra board I miss just about everything that goes on at my terminal. In some cases thats a good thing. :tongue1:

We haven't had a Christmas party at our terminal for quite some time. The last one we had was put on by the TM. That was 10 years ago. I don't think we have one scheduled for this year either.

you been working at your terminal 10 yeats how long you been xtra board

A Christmas Party IS Mr. Estes responsibility. He's treating Christmas the same way he treated Driver Appreciation Day (DAD). He doesn't care and leaves it to the TM. TM's have a budget and especially during these times they can't afford it out of the terminal monies. I know of only two terminals that had DAD and that came out of their personal money. Yes, personal money.

Mr. E can send out Guidepost but not allot money for Christmas or DAD, what a jerk. Bet his kids get their Ipods and plasma tv's though. Don't get me wrong, he can afford it and that's ok, but he can also afford to show some kind of appreciation to the people that get him the money to spend.

i havent asked about a christmas party yet but i got my ipod and my plasma tv last week and a big ol honkin thank you card for all of my hard work

but im sure he has time to plan 200 christmas parties and make a shopping list for all of the food and supplies for all of them too and then appoint someone to set it all up on top of that oh i forgot he supposed to come around to all of the terminals and shake everybodys hands and wish them a merry christmas

but im sure he has time to plan 200 christmas parties and make a shopping list for all of the food and supplies for all of them too and then appoint someone to set it all up on top of that oh i forgot he supposed to come around to all of the terminals and shake everybodys hands and wish them a merry christmas
WOW, I bet you think you straightened me out!!:hysterical:

Get a grip will ya. If you're too far into that turkey's rear :chairshot: to understand budgeting a terminal like most others to show appreciation to their employees, you've only worked here and nowhere else.

Or are you Rob in disguise? Could be....this is the mentality we expect out of Richmond:biglaugh:

:smilie_132:

I really believe Richmond leaves it up to the TM's discression. It depends on wether or not your TM wants to take it out of his yearly bonus. No Kiddin'..... maybe we could squeeze a Christmas party outta some "left-over" lasagna and dried potato salad, with some wheat bread to give us a flushin'. Hopefully with the grace of fluke luck, we'll get a good dispatch out of it all.:deal:

The point here is that in the real world and every other job I've ever worked at, the owner authorized funding for each locations Christmas party...and I mean Christmas not Holiday....

This tightwad is so disconnected from his workforce it has probably never entered his mind to do something decent for us.

He's a long ways from the days when his dad had to work for a living getting this company to when it was a good place to work for.

He's been silver spooned all his life and has no idea what being decent, thoughtful and respectful of others is.

I'm not even going to get into the pathetic DAD or actually EAD Employee Appreciation Day here @ 024. We did have the pleasure of having most of the higher ups in town for a few days. :hysterical: We even sent a card down to good old Rob asking him to attend. Which I didn't sign like the rest of the :butt kiss: that did. Of course he didn't show, prior engagement supposedly. Guess he couldn't postpone that golf game. As for a Christmas party. 024 has one every year, but here we call it a Post Holiday part or something like that. It usually takes place late january or early February if I remember correctly. As far as I know or have heard, ours is paid for mostly from what's made from the snack machines in the break room, along with having to give an extra amount of cash to the TM or someone in the office letting them know you'll be in attendance. Checks NOT excepted. Haha they don't even trust their own employees checks. Personally, I'm not going to attend it either way. Most of the ones that do attend, always spend time :butt kiss: at work all day, so why should I pay $ to watch them :butt kiss: even more? Laughable at best. Hope everyones Thanksgiving was good.

we all get a Christmas gift, no? Didn't you get to choose one from the catalog? You guys expect Estes to give every employee what? $$$, gift cards, what? Bunch of greedy bastages, remember Christmas is the holiday for giving, not receiving, try to keep the holiday spirit guys! Try to remember that in this economy we are all lucky just to still have a job. I have a lot of buddies around here from different carriers that are out of work. You can say I'm a kissarse of whatever you like, but sad part is you know I'm right.

we all get a Christmas gift, no? Didn't you get to choose one from the catalog? You guys expect Estes to give every employee what? $$$, gift cards, what? Bunch of greedy bastages, remember Christmas is the holiday for giving, not receiving, try to keep the holiday spirit guys! Try to remember that in this economy we are all lucky just to still have a job. I have a lot of buddies around here from different carriers that are out of work. You can say I'm a kissarse of whatever you like, but sad part is you know I'm right.
You've got to be kidding, right?