TForce | Christmas pay is a scam

This is by far NOT a done deal .And as far as plugging leaks I am looking forward to Dec 5. I think the leaks will be in UPS. wallet.:nutkick:
We are all anticipating the final word on this issue ourselves.
What a way to torture us?

We the employee's will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years and will be well prepared to repair some of these grey areas in the next contract.

This Contract Isn't a One Sided Argument!

No Where is it Written in Our Contract that UPS is the All Knowing Super Study when It Comes to Loopholes, Interpretation and Manipulation of Wording...

If We as a Group Invested Half the Time that We Do “Beaching and Complaining” when We are Kicked in the Groin - into Problem Solving...

Then Instead of This Statement Reading "We the employee's..."

it would read "The Company will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years..."

UPS Knows Package!

I'll Give Them That!

When it Comes to Freight...

UPS Has Many Things to Learn!

Brothers and Sisters... This Isn't an Insurmountable Task!

Brown Has Entered Our Territory (Our Turf)

It's Time to Become the Teacher and Not the Student!

There's Only One Way to Take Down a Bully...

That's to Not Invite Said Bully to the Party!

By Not Inviting Said Bully to the Party...

Said Bully Will Be Forced to Remain...

But May Think Twice Before Acting or Reacting on Emotions in the Future!

29???

This Contract Isn't a One Sided Argument!

No Where is it Written in Our Contract that UPS is the All Knowing Super Study when It Comes to Loopholes, Interpretation and Manipulation of Wording...

If We as a Group Invested Half the Time that We Do “Beaching and Complaining” when We are Kicked in the Groin - into Problem Solving...

Then Instead of This Statement Reading "We the employee's..."

it would read "The Company will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years..."

UPS Knows Package!

I'll Give Them That!

When it Comes to Freight...

UPS Has Many Things to Learn!

Brothers and Sisters... This Isn't an Insurmountable Task!

Brown Has Entered Our Territory (Our Turf)

It's Time to Become the Teacher and Not the Student!

By now every local across the country is well informed about the loop hole, grey area regarding Holiday pay. We have all done our jobs to inform our stewards and locals of our discust as to this issue. Its now in the hands of the union. Lets see who learns what and who teaches who.

I'm not so sure that this Holiday pay issue is in retaliation because we went union. After all it was our own company (UPS) that opened the door for us to organize. I also don't believe that its some old disgruntled Overnite manager making the decision regarding pay. I believe its as simple as the company following the contract language to there advantage. Remember UPS knows how to make money. Unfortunately we have some grey areas in the contract and the company WILL use it to their advantage. They have been doing this for 100 years. We the employee's will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years and will be well prepared to repair some of these grey areas in the next contract.

I agree to an extent, after fighting the union for many years including the people in the office in Richmond I find it hard to believe there is no vindictiveness running in those veins. I see it in my terminal.

However I do believe UPS would would use this contract to thier advantage, they would be foolish not to, but why use something like a "HOLIDAY PAY" as part of the plan, I find it "CHILDISH" at best.

We are all anticipating the final word on this issue ourselves.
What a way to torture us?

And it is nothing more then that. Torture. But maybe there is more to this then meets the eye. After all my BA says he has never seen such a thing in his 25 years not only working for UPS ,but being a BA for the last 10 as well.

By now every local across the country is well informed about the loop hole, grey area regarding Holiday pay. We have all done our jobs to inform our stewards and locals of our discust as to this issue. Its now in the hands of the union. Lets see who learns what and who teaches who.

I agree. Truer words was never spoken.

Lesson Taught? or Lesson Learned?

I agree. Truer words was never spoken.

I do not agree!

I do not believe there to be a loop hole nor any grey area's regarding Our Holiday Pay (period)

As far as "all" doing their job - informing stewards & locals of Our disgust...

Yea, there's been plenty of that... Right?

Brown "sux" - Teamsters "sux" - and this Contract "sux"

How many people actually took that Print Out and Filed a Counter Grievance Against it with Actual Supporting Language Substantiating It's Discredit and Our Reasoning for Gaining what is Already Ours?

Determinations Don't just happen through Whining and Crying...

Sitting Back and Hoping that Stewards and BA's Filed Paperwork... Isn't Enough...

Matter of Fact it is Never Enough!

Its now in the hands of the union.

Relinquishing Our (We the People) Involvement 100% - Is Foolish!

And Over Time You will Find Detrimental.

Stories, Understandings and Interpretations Change the More They are Communicated - Verbally.

If Documentation Isn't Turned in then Once a Matter goes up for Determination - It May or May Not be Presented 100% Accurately...

Regarding This Matter...

This has Serious Implications and or Repercussions if Not Handled Properly!

Have We Done Enough?

No!

We Need a 100% Turn Out on This Matter...

We Need All 12,600 to Sign Something!

Then if it Does Come Back...

And it is Not in Our Favor...

We Should Never Give Up or Give In!

Lets see who learns what and who teaches who.

What Might be Taught and What Might be Learned if 12,600 were Given No Choice - but to Speak Loud Enough to be Heard?

Didn't Brown Already Force Our Hand Once?

Irregardless of Outcome...

Brown Put On a Serious Choke Hold...

Are We to Consider that a Lesson Taught - to Us?

Or Should Brown Consider this a Lesson Learned?

Are We Feeling the Grey & Brown coming on?

On Say the 29th?

We May Not Even Have to Follow Through... But, Suggest (Put on a Serious Choke Hold of Our Own)

For Brown to Recognize Their Indiscretions...

christmas pay

I don't understand why you are confused; so you think you should get paid for 3 days? The holiday pay schedule is not new, it just so happens that the holiday falls on the days that it does.
The bs is that the 1/52nd rate does not apply on holiday or discretionary days for the road drivers.:TR10driving03:

I do not agree!

I do not believe there to be a loop hole nor any grey area's regarding Our Holiday Pay (period)

As far as "all" doing their job - informing stewards & locals of Our disgust...

Yea, there's been plenty of that... Right?

Brown "sux" - Teamsters "sux" - and this Contract "sux"

How many people actually took that Print Out and Filed a Counter Grievance Against it with Actual Supporting Language Substantiating It's Discredit and Our Reasoning for Gaining what is Already Ours?

Determinations Don't just happen through Whining and Crying...

Sitting Back and Hoping that Stewards and BA's Filed Paperwork... Isn't Enough...

Matter of Fact it is Never Enough!

Relinquishing Our (We the People) Involvement 100% - Is Foolish!

And Over Time You will Find Detrimental.

Stories, Understandings and Interpretations Change the More They are Communicated - Verbally.

If Documentation Isn't Turned in then Once a Matter goes up for Determination - It May or May Not be Presented 100% Accurately...

Regarding This Matter...

This has Serious Implications and or Repercussions if Not Handled Properly!

Have We Done Enough?

No!

We Need a 100% Turn Out on This Matter...

We Need All 12,600 to Sign Something!

Then if it Does Come Back...

And it is Not in Our Favor...

We Should Never Give Up or Give In!

What Might be Taught and What Might be Learned if 12,600 were Given No Choice - but to Speak Loud Enough to be Heard?

Didn't Brown Already Force Our Hand Once?

Irregardless of Outcome...

Brown Put On a Serious Choke Hold...

Are We to Consider that a Lesson Taught - to Us?

Or Should Brown Consider this a Lesson Learned?

Are We Feeling the Grey & Brown coming on?

On Say the 29th?

We May Not Even Have to Follow Through... But, Suggest (Put on a Serious Choke Hold of Our Own)

For Brown to Recognize Their Indiscretions...

OK, So what next, should we wait to hear from our locals or should we lock and load the guns.:hysterical:

I don't understand why you are confused; so you think you should get paid for 3 days? The holiday pay schedule is not new, it just so happens that the holiday falls on the days that it does.
The bs is that the 1/52nd rate does not apply on holiday or discretionary days for the road drivers.:TR10driving03:

I don't think you understand. We are paid two days for Thanksgiving and two days for Xmas per contract unless we book off the day before or after the holiday. If we were to book off without a scheduled notice we would then lose the two paid holidays. Xmas this year falls on Thursday so our paid holiday is Wednesday and Thursday. The company is calling Friday a non service day meaning there is no work also meaning that you are not working the day after the holiday so you will not be paid for the holidays Wednesday,Thursday and Friday unless you have vacation time to use. Not being paid for Friday is understandable, But telling us we won't be working Friday so you won't be paid for the two Holiday's is a little to much to swallow.

I don't think you understand. We are paid two days for Thanksgiving and two days for Xmas per contract unless we book off the day before or after the holiday. If we were to book off without a scheduled notice we would then lose the two paid holidays. Xmas this year falls on Thursday so our paid holiday is Wednesday and Thursday. The company is calling Friday a non service day meaning there is no work also meaning that you are not working the day after the holiday so you will not be paid for the holidays Wednesday,Thursday and Friday unless you have vacation time to use. Not being paid for Friday is understandable, But telling us we won't be working Friday so you won't be paid for the two Holiday's is a little to much to swallow.

That is correct, and in this contract it say's nothing about non service day's. Hence the reason for the PCM. To save monies. And do not forget Saturday is a non service day, keep an eye on next weeks paycheck.

War of Words!

OK, So what next, should we wait to hear from our locals or should we lock and load the guns.:hysterical:

Take it Easy Cowboy!

Believe Me... We Can Handle This Diplomatically!

Let's Handle the Paperwork 1st.

We Can File a Maintenance of Standards Claim Based on Similar Occurrences in the Past...

Wednesday the 24th. was Christmas Eve
Thursday the 25th. was Christmas Day

What Did Overnite Do on Friday the 26th. (?)

If Overnite Remained Closed... Did They Pay the Holiday's?

Thursday the 1st. was New Years Day

Same Question as Above...

These Two (2) Similar Occurrences (even though still under Overnite's Control) would Establish a Reasonable Argument for Past Practices (Article 41) and Maintenance of Standards (Article 29) Protection.

Secondly...

Our Contract Provides a Loop Hole, a Little Grey Area, a Little Play on Words (if You Prefer) that Does Nothing But Benefit Us...

Article 18
Section 2

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week.

Since Brown has Claimed "when" as Their - Trump Card for Disqualification...

I Suggest We Claim "and" as Ours!

See... "when" is in Reference to the Daily Guarantee...

While... "and" Separates Both Guarantee's as Single Entities!

The Way I See It Is...

Brown Has to Guarantee Us (90% ers) Forty (40) hours in Four (4) Day's... Otherwise Brown is Violating Article 18 – Section 2 (Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days)… Since Brown On It's Own Choosing has Chosen to Only Be Open for Business Four (4) Day's that Week...

With that Said...

Our Obligation Will Be to Work Dec. 23rd. and Dec. 29th. as being the Day Before and First Available Day After in Accordance to the Terms Set Froth by Article 25 - Section 4.

Take it Easy Cowboy!

We Can File a Maintenance of Standards Claim Based on Similar Occurrences in the Past...

These Two (2) Similar Occurrences (even though still under Overnite's Control) would Establish a Reasonable Argument for Past Practices (Article 41) and Maintenance of Standards (Article 29) Protection.

Secondly...

Our Contract Provides a Loop Hole, a Little Grey Area, a Little Play on Words (if You Prefer) that Does Nothing But Benefit Us...

Article 18
Section 2

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week.

The Way I See It Is...

Brown Has to Guarantee Us (90% ers) Forty (40) hours in Four (4) Day's... Otherwise Brown is Violating Article 18 – Section 2 (Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days)… Since Brown On It's Own Choosing has Chosen to Only Be Open for Business Four (4) Day's that Week...

With that Said...

Our Obligation Will Be to Work Dec. 23rd. and Dec. 29th. as being the Day Before and First Available Day After in Accordance to the Terms Set Froth by Article 25 - Section 4.

From what I understood this wall all done and at the top of the list at the November supplemental meetings???

Take it Easy Cowboy!

Secondly...

Article 18
Section 2

The Way I See It Is...

With that Said...

Wonderful arguement. :woot: