TForce | Christmas pay is a scam

I found out yesterday that we will have to use a vacation day in order to get paid for New Years Eve and New Years Day.

I found out yesterday that we will have to use a vacation day in order to get paid for New Years Eve and New Years Day.

New years eve? Are they closing the terminals that day also? I havent heard anything about that, I heard that they were closing Jan 2, but not New years eve.

new years eve at my barn we usually work a short crew. management asks for volunteers and if he doesnt get enough then he starts from the bottom on up. usually 15-20 guys working. mostly just deliveries.....few if any pickups

new years eve at my barn we usually work a short crew. management asks for volunteers and if he doesnt get enough then he starts from the bottom on up. usually 15-20 guys working. mostly just deliveries.....few if any pickups

I am glad I have been saving a week a vacation. Was just going to use it for a day here and a day there. Now two days are accounted for. New years eve and day after Christmas.

This article should read like this.

SECTION 4. Holidays
The Employer will pay full-time and casual employees for the following nine holidays each year provided they work the day before and the day after the holiday or are on an
approved paid absence for either day,or both:

I think it should read like this:

The Employer will pay full-time and casual employees for the following nine holidays each year.

It's part of our benefits, and don't put any conditions on it. :1036316054:

This article should read like this.

SECTION 4. Holidays
The Employer will pay full-time and casual employees for the following nine holidays each year provided they work the day before and the day after the holiday or are on an
approved paid absence for either day,or both:

I think it should read like this:

The Employer will pay full-time and casual employees for the following nine holidays each year.

It's part of our benefits, and don't put any conditions on it. :1036316054:

I could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

We have road drivers that are scheduled for work Sundays thru Thursdays.
Friday & Saturday are their normal days off.
Does this mean that they will get screwed out of their holiday pay because they are off duty? :ranting:

UPS Freight Tries to Steal Christmas
lumpofcoallp6.jpg

What's your take on this story, now that it's being reported?

Just some sleazeball corporate lawyer doing his best to validate his six or seven figure salary. UPS, what a stand up company. These higher ups would sue their own families and smile afterwards.

Having this get posted on TDU's website would hardly qualify as 'being reported'. Nothing against TDU, but it's not mainstream media in any way and truckingboards.com probably has more traffic anyways.

Good luck with P&R now. It is out in the open. Someone will take this for a walk.

Article 29 Maintenance of standards The employer agrees subject to the provisions of this Agreement that all conditions of employment relating to wages, hours of work, overtime differentials, and general working conditions, shall be maintained not at less than the highest standards in effect at the time of the signing of this Agreement and the conditions of employment shall be improved whenever specific provisions for improvement are made elsewhere in this Agreement it is agreed that the provisions of the Article shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the employee or the Union in applying the terms and condition of this Agreement. SO in other words, if a person did not plan on taking the day off after xmas and in the unforseeable event that THE COMPANY IS CLOSED, this could be deemed a bona fide error.

If you are a Monday through Friday Bid and they elect not to work on Friday they have to pay you for Friday and the Holiday. If you are a 10 % er and the Company doesn't work the day after the Holiday and you are available, then you are entitled to the pay. This is identical language to the NMFA and you will get your Holiday Pay.

I think it's a great idea , the company saves money for next weeks payroll and you feel good about using your time that you have worked for . Everybody is happy .

Article 29 Maintenance of standards The employer agrees subject to the provisions of this Agreement that all conditions of employment relating to wages, hours of work, overtime differentials, and general working conditions, shall be maintained not at less than the highest standards in effect at the time of the signing of this Agreement and the conditions of employment shall be improved whenever specific provisions for improvement are made elsewhere in this Agreement it is agreed that the provisions of the Article shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the employee or the Union in applying the terms and condition of this Agreement. SO in other words, if a person did not plan on taking the day off after xmas and in the unforseeable event that THE COMPANY IS CLOSED, this could be deemed a bona fide error.

If you read the article you will see it is a bonifide error, It makes no sense. So we greive the article first for not making sense and then greive if they do not pay, under the article you have mentioned which is exactly what is happening. "Either" suggests a choice, and "AND" suggests both.

UPSF is open day after Christmas & New Year's as a limited service day. But not everyone will work.
UPS Freight : Holiday Schedule

There are a number of businesses open on the 24th and closed on the 26th. They switched their dates around.
When we asked our OM, he says we are closed on the 24th.
So much for taking care of the customers.
UPSF is being an equal opportunity scrooge.