Estes | Cigna? What the heck!!!!

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
Has anyone heard the latest? Estes is dropping Blue Cross/Blue Shield and getting back our old insurance company,Cigna..WTH!!!! They said that our current insurance carrier wanted to have an enormous increase in premiums...I don't know if a lot of you remember, I know Mildew does, we had Cigna before and it was a POS policy...

Has anyone heard the latest? Estes is dropping Blue Cross/Blue Shield and getting back our old insurance company,Cigna..WTH!!!! They said that our current insurance carrier wanted to have an enormous increase in premiums...I don't know if a lot of you remember, I know Mildew does, we had Cigna before and it was a POS policy...

Don't feel bad...at ConWay we also use POS Cigna.

I haven't heard yet. Maybe we will feel better about it after our substantial raise kicks in. lol

Here we go again...Arguing with Cigna over "what they are going to cover"..I remember the last time we had these low lifes'...He better had negotiated a good policy or I'll be finding something else...

Got our workbooks yesterday and the plan looks pretty much like what we had, same co-pays and deductibles. Only difference i saw was the annual amount allowed went up $250,000. That was comparing option 2, in network. Cost increase to us was minimal compared to what i've heard from other people.

See, Im the opposite, I like Cigna and I hate, HATE BCBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't pay for squat, I went to be seen for my shoulder..again..and they dug and dug until they found I had been seen by a cigna doc with PFG, now it is not covered, pre existing, I owe $600, I don't have $600 to give them.

I never had that issue with Cigna. Having BCBS is damn near like not being covered at all, in my line of work injuries flare back up, thank God I didn't have cancer at a former job, I guess BCBS would just let me die painfully...its ok though, at least they could keep their money. F all the insurance industry and the Pharms, they run this healthcare system.

See, Im the opposite, I like Cigna and I hate, HATE BCBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't pay for squat, I went to be seen for my shoulder..again..and they dug and dug until they found I had been seen by a cigna doc with PFG, now it is not covered, pre existing, I owe $600, I don't have $600 to give them.

I never had that issue with Cigna. Having BCBS is damn near like not being covered at all, in my line of work injuries flare back up, thank God I didn't have cancer at a former job, I guess BCBS would just let me die painfully...its ok though, at least they could keep their money. F all the insurance industry and the Pharms, they run this healthcare system.

Our BCBS insurance doesn't exclude pre-existing conditions. Our Cigna insurance won't either. Your plan and the insurance company are only as good as what your employer buys. We're fortunate to have good insurance here. It's not this good at most other places.

Our BCBS insurance doesn't exclude pre-existing conditions. Our Cigna insurance won't either. Your plan and the insurance company are only as good as what your employer buys. We're fortunate to have good insurance here. It's not this good at most other places.
Your right, I forget about that part when I go off on insurance companies, I have the top plan, can't get any better, I have the kids and myself on the plan and its only 30 something a week, I was just really surprised when they started billing me then wouldn't budge when I challenged it.

We are all sick of "be thankful you have a job" how about be thankful-you know the rest! If memory serves me right I remember Afflac,then Cigna, then BCBS and now that I'm older and falling apart I say keep the "pay raise" and lower the ins.costs. Just got back from the E.R. 7 hrs of tests and was informed all looks good, only upside was the pain killer they injected can't wait till that piece of mail hits my door!