FedEx Freight | cincy to indy

MANNING 18

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody relocating to indy? I will be renting out my house as i am relocating. House (3 bed 1 bath) is 1 mile from our freight terminal, on 1 acre, can e-mail pics, $1000.00 month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure all of you folks responding to this trade name and numbers in a pm please.

If anybody needs info on where good and bad places are to live. Also what schools are good and bad. Just PM me I know the city and surrounding areas pretty good. I've lived here most of my life and ran the city for many years. I also know a very good realtor. Your best bet for the best living conditions and schools is to stay out of Marion county. Hendricks county is a good county with some of the best schools in the country. Plainfield is a nice place, great schools. Plus it's 15 min from the center.

I've got some questions about indy,1st how are they about given time off,we are having trouble getting time off in cincy.are linehaul manager seems to think that the people off on disability are part of the 10% he is allowed to have off at one time.resulting in drivers not being able to take a day even though they have 50+ hours peronal time and 150+ vacation hours.just wondering if indy has a manager that will manage instead of just following a stick pollicy.are managers pro active in a drivers comments/complaints or just passavist. I DO KNOW THAT ARE HR SOON TO BE INDYS HR IS A PICK HER OWN COMPLAINT PERSON to take to people above her.I have battled for years with her and other management over high trailers,time off,inconsistent policies ect.This is (as I hope)just the national way.

We count the people on disability as being apart of the 10%. But if you talk to the day dispatcher Rob he is pretty easy going and will work with you as much as he can same as the other dispatchers. People have gotten off even when the vacation calendar is full. Or may have you find someone to switch run with. Our driver manager is an old OTR driver seems to be good. He's been with us for a few months and has taken care of every problem or concern I've had. Out TM and ATM are the same will work with you as much as possible and seem to address problems and concerns. Now back when we were slammed and not enough drivers you couldn't get off unless you had a very good reason. For the most part are bosses are laid back and try to have a good time and get the job done. Some have odd personalities but once you figure them out their good to go. If you come to work and do your job and don't cause problems you'll get along fine with the bosses and other drivers. Some of our day drivers are grumpy nothing will make them happy. But most are there just trying to get it done and over with.

time off practices

I'm just tierd of getting a point for taking a day off when I'm sick,I'd understand it if I didn't have time availible,I just think sick days should be used for sick days. I'm from the old school with 30+ years of contenuious driving and know with such a stressful job you need time off every once in a while to keep yourself physically and mentally healthy. seems are management in cincy dosn't know nothing but run your drivers in the ground until they have to take a day or 2 by point.we have been dealing with this for 4 years now, every since fedex took us over,this policy only makes a good reliable driver with pride in what he does want to only go by the policy and take 2 days to justify the point being asset.I am under the impression that we have wild board drivers sitting at home and when you ask why the management will not apply d.t.o. they say that it is not to be used for that reason.the a-backwards result is to not let a driver off without a point and to let a driver stay home that needs the work.my ? is do the managers at indy manage or just follow policy...

They both manage and follow policy. If they can let people stay home and let extra board run they will. Like I said they let people off when they can.

sounds good.all us at natl,in cincy have had trouble with the time off policies with 50+ hours personal and 150+ vacation you can see i sure don't abuse time off.this is the norm with most drivers in cincy