FedEx Freight | City Driver Stuff

Also curious.. What kind methods/tools other locations have available for cleaning your windshields, and/or rear windows. One would think FedEx would have a consistent type of bucket/brush/squeegee tools most suitable for efficient and effective cleaning. I would think that good mop bucket, good brush, and a squeegee would be standard issue at EVERY location... Kind of a standard setup? No?

This is what we've had for years... What do others use?

N3t7m7I.jpg

QKOlN6v.jpg

This gets us back to the fact that there are quite a few "best practices" issues that have never been sorted out. Simple things, really, that should be easy enough to implement... and benefit the operation, as a whole. Ya know how long it takes to scrub bugs off of a windshield with the above "dust mop thing"? :idunno:

Also curious.. What kind methods/tools other locations have available for cleaning your windshields, and/or rear windows. One would think FedEx would have a consistent type of bucket/brush/squeegee tools most suitable for efficient and effective cleaning. I would think that good mop bucket, good brush, and a squeegee would be standard issue at EVERY location... Kind of a standard setup? No?

N3t7m7I.jpg

QKOlN6v.jpg

This gets us back to the fact that there are quite a few "best practices" issues that have never been sorted out. Simple things, really, that should be easy enough to implement... and benefit the operation, as a whole. Ya know how long it takes to scrub bugs off of a windshield with the above "dust mop thing"? :idunno:
I don't fight it where I work. I just stay in paper towels and Windex...

N3t7m7I.jpg

QKOlN6v.jpg

I response to that Swamp. If your center is like several others if you put something nice out there to use, it either walks off or gets run over. I don't know how many times you go to wash the windows and the brush is laying beside the handle. I feel if people would take care of the tools they supply us like they had to buy them the company maybe more inclined to get nicer tools.

I response to that Swamp. If your center is like several others if you put something nice out there to use, it either walks off or gets run over. I don't know how many times you go to wash the windows and the brush is laying beside the handle. I feel if people would take care of the tools they supply us like they had to buy them the company maybe more inclined to get nicer tools.
I totally agree...

I never asked, but I figured the tobacco ban had something to do with the CVS account.
Pharmaceuticals, tobacco....didn't realize I worked for such an outlaw outfit...

N3t7m7I.jpg

QKOlN6v.jpg

I agree with Citydog as well but I'll add, at least you guys have something to wash ur windows with! We used to have something similar at our fuel bays until the brushes continued to get run over and the bucket was used for a trash can...until they also got ran over!
We do have a wash bay for washing "windows only" but since there's no soap available you're better off resorting to your own resources. The pressure washer is nice to remove those hard to get bugs off the windshield....if it too isn't broken and you feel like waiting on those who feel the need to wash the bugs off their entire truck!!

I have a feeling this is an industry wide dilemma. We have guys run over the power washer sprayer because they're more lazy the the dumb ::shit:: that left it on the floor in the first place!

I agree with the stuff getting run over:ranting2:.Can we fix stupid/irresponsible? Perhaps a hook on the wall might help, or a retractable overhead tether, much like the oil/fluid devices found at the better equipped centers?

I agree with Citydog as well but I'll add, at least you guys have something to wash ur windows with! We used to have something similar at our fuel bays until the brushes continued to get run over and the bucket was used for a trash can...until they also got ran over!
We do have a wash bay for washing "windows only" but since there's no soap available you're better off resorting to your own resources. The pressure washer is nice to remove those hard to get bugs off the windshield....if it too isn't broken and you feel like waiting on those who feel the need to wash the bugs off their entire truck!!

I agree with the critique of the guys washing the whole truck... Especially when doing so with the windshield brush/mop. WTF? REALLY? :chairshot:

I have a feeling this is an industry wide dilemma. We have guys run over the power washer sprayer because they're more lazy the the dumb :::shit::: that left it on the floor in the first place!

Truth is often stranger than fiction, especially in this industry:duh:. There's got to be a solution. The ability and responsibility to clean gunked up windows does fall under safety, as well as regulatory compliance.
:rulz:

Last edited:
We lost shipments of cigarettes from a indian reservation, kind of a pretty good hit to the outbound and a few inbound shipments of bulk tobacco! !!!

We lost shipments of cigarettes from a indian reservation, kind of a pretty good hit to the outbound and a few inbound shipments of bulk tobacco! !!!
We're told that making ALL tobacco products prohibited, is to avoid being a party to the "crime" of tax avoidance via shipping across State lines, products not properly taxed.

Something like the Pharmaceuticals case? Perhaps... except from a State Tax angle.

Again the official explanation: "ban stems from a lawsuit in which the company was sued by the state of New York for $70 million dollars." It does NOT say who won, or if the case is ongoing. I'd bet it is ongoing, and will be strung out for quite some time...

Last edited:
We're told that making ALL tobacco products prohibited, is to avoid being a party to the "crime" of tax avoidance via shipping across State lines, products not properly taxed.

Something like the Pharmaceuticals case? Perhaps... except from a State Tax angle.

Again the official explanation: "ban stems from a lawsuit in which the company was sued by the state of New York for $70 million dollars." It does NOT say who won, or if the case is ongoing. I'd bet it is ongoing, and will be strung out for quite some time...
Found this
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In F... NEW YORK v. FEDEX GROUND PACKAGE SYSTEM, INC

N3t7m7I.jpg

Ya know how long it takes to scrub bugs off of a windshield with the above "dust mop thing"? :idunno:

The point of bringing this up, in a City Driver Stuff context, is the fact that the city side is pressed to reduce (and maintain low) am yard times. These yard times suffer when using the wrong tool for the job. Not so much today, in January, but a significant issue during "bug season".:concern:

Update:

We now have much improved supplies for maintaining safe and clean windows, and mirrors, trailer doors/tail lights (that don't get washed when backed to dock), etc.

:woohoo1:

5VoHs5V.jpg

XkRnMl3.jpg
I give it a week.. Power washer wand will be gone or run over. Brushes will be in someone's tractor and the squeegee will be torn after the second driver just throws in back in the shed upside down.. Good luck!