City Driver Stuff

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by SwampRatt, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker Clown Math Expert

Are truck drivers allowed to spray their trucks off heard it was against policy?

2. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

If soap from the windows and mirrors runs down the doors, hood, and fenders, it must be rinsed to prevent soap buildup on the paint!! :17142:

roogie likes this.
  3. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

Hmmm. I'd channel my inner Tim Allen and put a Buick Turbo V6 on that pressure washer and those bugs wouldn't stand a chance...arrr-arrr-arrrrr....

4. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

This is not intended to be a "Truck wash". The intention is said to be for windows/mirrors, and (on occasion) the rear of trailer. The rear of some city trailers are often inaccessible during washing service visits. We were told that we should not do it every day, but "could", when needed, spray off the rear, (quote) "perhaps once per week".

Personally, I'm most appreciative of the brushes and squeegees, as they make the required task of cleaning windows & mirrors more effective. The pressure washer option while certainly nice, remains just that. An option. I just hope that people will take reasonable care of the equipment and be held accountable, to a reasonable degree.

We do currently have cameras being installed extensively throughout. Will there be any at the fuel island? :idunno:

5. Crazy Trucker

That's awesome Swamp wish we could get similar tools, this time of the year with all the salt and grime that gets on our windows that pressure washer would come in handy.

SwampRatt likes this.
  6. nas250

nas250 Active Member

They are at our place so I feel sure you will see them.

7. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

You can certainly bet they'll be at the fuel island....not that it matters!! I see drivers, those domiciled in CLT and abroad, chocking the pump handle on a daily/nightly basis...to each his own!!

8. SwampRatt

Well, here we go... Not sure if it human error or natural disaster was the cause, but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

I'm going with laziness!!!
    We have retractable hoses that most drivers refuse to retract which causes the hoses to get run over resulting in cracked fittings and split hoses...then they want to complain when things are broke!!

10. citydog

citydog Well-Known Member

WOW!!! That took all of 2weeks. Then we wonder why they won't give us tools to work with. Kinda like the old saying they would tear up an anvil with a noodle. Guess it will be be back to paper towels and windex for y'all real soon. Hey look they did hang the wheel scotch back up.

Big Dave and Redracer3136 like this.
  11. Ump

Ump Big Dave's and Billy Lo's love child.

Hate to say "I told you so" but...

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  12. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

Ahhh man!! Who put the blown 454 on the washer????!!!
    Too much power for y'all.....

citydog likes this.
  13. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

The main reason our road drivers get paid more is because the company can't find enough ppl willing to work nights at city driver pay level. Our road drivers avg 70-75k. City at Sefl avg 45-55k.maybe 60k if working 60 hrs per week

14. SwampRatt

Forgot to mention that we were told, a month or so ago, that this $47 charge had resulted in a 7% drop in freight to/from the effected zip codes. Whether or not that sticks remains to be seen...

15. The Point

The Point You get it or not!

Has anyone else noticed a fuel surcharge issue? I have seen delivery receipts vary from 5% to 18% for shipments shipped on the same day from the same customer going to the same consignee.

16. SwampRatt

Interesting... todays bills show quite a variety. Everything from 0% (yes, zero), to 3%, 5%, 5.6, and yes, 18.5%.

Hope I'm not asked to explain that to a customer. If so, we'll refer them to sales.

The Point and Big Dave like this.
  17. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

Unbelievable. It's the guys that do this stuff that complain the loudest when the equipment is no longer there to use.

18. SwampRatt

Update:

From very reliable sources, it seems that the surcharge rate is negotiated, and dependent on who is paying the freight charges. There is some valid questioning as to the wisdom of that info being shown on prepaid shipments.

To be continued...

19. Crazy Trucker

It hasn't affected our rural zip codes at all and we have alot of them up here in the sticks.

20. The Point

The Point You get it or not!

I have yet to hear an answer explaining the difference from the same customer. Said shipper shipped two nearly identical hazardous products (weight and number of containers virtually the same), 5 gallon square jugs, on the same day to the same customer. One DR was 18% and the other was 5%. I do not think negotiated will explain it away. But were 1 day points and both priority shipments.