FedEx Freight | City Driver Stuff

This came up, just yesterday. Might be of interest to the city side. Less potential conflict for the road side.

When a customer offers you a "gift", for example a sample of their product, or something destined for the dumpster, you might want to be aware of the FedEx code of conduct and ethics. http://s1.q4cdn.com/714383399/files/code_of_business/BusCodeConduct_english_FINAL-September-2014.pdf

This falls under (one of many) little known rules, that we are responsible for being aware of.

Page 15: Gifts, Entertainment, Loans or Other Favors

"You, and members of your immediate family, should not accept gifts or paid-for entertainment (other than of nominal value), loans (of any amount) or other favors from a supplier, prospective supplier or any person with whom FedEx does, or may do, business...

...You must obtain the approval of your manager or Company Contact, as well as any other approvals required by your company’s policies, before accepting any gift or entertainment of more than nominal value from a supplier, prospective supplier or any person with whom FedEx does, or may do, business. When in doubt, advice should be sought from your company’s legal department."

Keep in mind, this prohibition is not absolute. It does offer some wiggle room, due to the use of the term "nominal value".

Just something to be aware of. Perhaps we should have an ongoing thread on the topic of "Little Known Rules". :idunno:

Yes there are a number of obscure rules "we" tend to forget about.

As far as the surcharge I still see a difference between numerous bills but I do not check every day. I have tried to point it out numerous times to try and get an answer. The only answer I get is it is a sales thing but I can not get a sales associate to come out from under a rock to explain. For me I think it is a possible source of leaking money that could add to our bottom line or we are charging too much at certain times if you turn the coin over.

This came up, just yesterday. Might be of interest to the city side. Less potential conflict for the road side.

When a customer offers you a "gift", for example a sample of their product, or something destined for the dumpster, you might want to be aware of the FedEx code of conduct and ethics. http://s1.q4cdn.com/714383399/files/code_of_business/BusCodeConduct_english_FINAL-September-2014.pdf

This falls under (one of many) little known rules, that we are responsible for being aware of.

Page 15: Gifts, Entertainment, Loans or Other Favors

"You, and members of your immediate family, should not accept gifts or paid-for entertainment (other than of nominal value), loans (of any amount) or other favors from a supplier, prospective supplier or any person with whom FedEx does, or may do, business...

...You must obtain the approval of your manager or Company Contact, as well as any other approvals required by your company’s policies, before accepting any gift or entertainment of more than nominal value from a supplier, prospective supplier or any person with whom FedEx does, or may do, business. When in doubt, advice should be sought from your company’s legal department."

Keep in mind, this prohibition is not absolute. It does offer some wiggle room, due to the use of the term "nominal value".

Just something to be aware of. Perhaps we should have an ongoing thread on the topic of "Little Known Rules". :idunno:
Not really a "little known rule" since most major companies have this policy in place. Speaking of policies, most policies are in place because companies have had to deal with what the policies actually protect against at one point or another, not because of some pencil pushers who sits at a desk just thinking of ways to screw the employees like most employees would like to think.

Also, your "little known policy" prevented some of us from participating in one of our cutomer's all expenses paid, company golf outing about 10 years ago or so, so it's not like it's a new policy...not that you were saying it was.

Question on Intermecs.

For the past week or so, we have had about a 50/50 shot of getting a decent (functional) brick. Even when rebooting, they seem to get "lost in space". Is this system wide, or a location specific isolated case?

Question on Intermecs.

For the past week or so, we have had about a 50/50 shot of getting a decent (functional) brick. Even when rebooting, they seem to get "lost in space". Is this system wide, or a location specific isolated case?
I think it's system wide, were having the same problem at our place too.

Take note of the battery cycle count. I have noticed they sometimes become unstable above 150. Our bricks are permanently assigned and I think that helps their overall condition.

Everyone heard about the new JOM contest & sales lead contest, beginning 12-5-16? Any thoughts?
Heard about it this morning.
Starts Mon and runs through sometime in Feb.
If I heard correctly there will be a 5000.00 prize.I assume that will be per region or division,maybe company wide,don't see it being per center.

Heard about it this morning.
Starts Mon and runs through sometime in Feb.
If I heard correctly there will be a 5000.00 prize.I assume that will be per region or division,maybe company wide,don't see it being per center.
12/5 - 2/24. Duration 12 weeks. FXF-Company wide.

Must have MINIMUM or 3 JOMs per week, for 8 of the 12 weeks to qualify for the GRAND prize drawing. 2.5k-1st place/ 5k-grand prize.

Weekly prize: Die cast FXFE truck signed by Mike Ducker, & FXF hat.

Qualifying for the Grand prize drawing gets you a fitness sport bracelet w/bluetooth & FEF hat.

Each Economy Ship earns 1 entry, Priority earns 2 entries. Alaska, Hawaii, P. Rico,,V. Islands, Canada, Mexico, earn 3 entries per.

Smaller "gift" awarded weekly, for each week that you qualify (3 JOM).

Also, sales leads entered through the intermec, during the same 12 week period, earn a chance to win either $1500 (1st place) or $750 (2nd place). Leads for any Op-Co qualify.

* Managers are encouraged to print off AND post weekly results.

12/5 - 2/24. Duration 12 weeks. FXF-Company wide.

Must have MINIMUM or 3 JOMs per week, for 8 of the 12 weeks to qualify for the GRAND prize drawing. 2.5k-1st place/ 5k-grand prize.

Weekly prize: Die cast FXFE truck signed by Mike Ducker, & FXF hat.

Qualifying for the Grand prize drawing gets you a fitness sport bracelet w/bluetooth & FEF hat.

Each Economy Ship earns 1 entry, Priority earns 2 entries. Alaska, Hawaii, P. Rico,,V. Islands, Canada, Mexico, earn 3 entries per.

Smaller "gift" awarded weekly, for each week that you qualify (3 JOM).

Also, sales leads entered through the intermec, during the same 12 week period, earn a chance to win either $1500 (1st place) or $750 (2nd place). Leads for any Op-Co qualify.

* Managers are encouraged to print off AND post weekly results.

The one thing I would like to know is how much cheating goes on. Do they have a set of rules that define what is just one more. To me just one more means if there's freight on someone's dock that is not being ship by fedex and you ask for it and get it. That's just one more. I've heard guys claim just one more when it's just a add on by the shipper. Ive heard of other ways too. I even got a just one more and didn't even know it when they announced at the pre shift meeting.