FedEx Freight | City drivers exempt!! LOL

Familyman

TB Veteran
Credits
OK, I was sick Monday so didn't get my little love letter till last night.

The passenger side door on my tractor was left unlocked Sat AM, of course I never thought to lock it since I'm a driver and thus use the...... you guessed it, drivers door.

Apparently when the city uses the tractor they give their buds a ride and leave the door unlocked, after getting the letter last night I go out and check the door and sure enough it was unlocked again.

This AM upon return to the center I mention this to my sup and he pretty much blows it off saying I was the last one in it, I say yes but last night it was open again and a city driver was the last one in it. He says he is only concerned with the road and isn't going to say anything to the city driver or his sup. Well apparently the lock the door rule only applies to road, funny several drivers told me he would do just as he did but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Kinda weird that this is such a big deal in the east when the west leaves the keys in the trucks!:duh:

What do you guys think??:rolleyes:

FM

Once again, more selective B.S.

But anyway, the way I look at it is that the last guy that drives it is the guy who did it. Sorry, FM. I'd have a word with the TM, or whatever the hell we call them these days, and let him know whats going on.

By us all trucks are to be locked at all times city or road , we both get yelled at for it . They said something to one of my city guys and he came to me with it , he swore it was locked !
Turns out the shop had it and parked it without locking it .

Don't we all have keys to the tractors? I don,t see the big deal on the yard,just out of the yard.Shops are bad about leaving tractors unlocked and out of gear.

no consistency, and selective BS is right, there is so much of that around here just look at the hubs none are run the same ,one way around the building, 10 mph on the yard , heck in POS she is a free for all whatever way and however fast you can get her going, hooking up is a joke guys cutting in back of you and in front of you everyones in a big yank to get hooked and go up by the gate and sleep for there hour ,complete BS

You know what they do in my yard if you leave a door unlocked? They take the door off for three days. After that they remove a seat. Third offense, no espresso, fourth offense, group therapy.

I lock mine religiously, although I'm sure the city driver who drives it cusses me for having to unlock it every morning. Hey, I don't need my damn CB or anything else walking.

chainsaww said:
You know what they do in my yard if you leave a door unlocked? They take the door off for three days. After that they remove a seat. Third offense, no espresso, fourth offense, group therapy.
Then they take away your pass to Gatorland.

FM

I agree

I agree with you guys, the tractors should stay locked, at all times they are not manned. Co. policy or not, Im a city driver and was told to lock them, plus I do it out of respect for my fellow drivers....But I know there are some jerks out there that dont give a damn. I drive a road tractor, and I am GLAD to have it, in these hot SE texas summers, its a welcome thing, sure beats driving a smurff all day and working ringing wet all day!

Welcome

Welcome to the boards USLoneStar happy to have you.
Smokestack / FXFE

Lock the door????
My city driver seldom even parks the tractor in gear or sets the brake. Thankfully we are on flat ground. He pulls in and just gets out and goes home.

ETexSanta said:
Lock the door????
My city driver seldom even parks the tractor in gear or sets the brake. Thankfully we are on flat ground. He pulls in and just gets out and goes home.

Of course. Why should he have to do anything? He works for a living. You don't.:boohoo: :notworthy: :jerkit:

I see it from both sides brother .
It is a easy way to start a war with our own flesh and blood here . As I said both sides (city & road) have bad things . I just do my job and try not to worry about what the others are doing. I do the very best job I can for FXF as we all should. We are all in this together and need eachother to make it work.
Smokestack / FXFE