Holland | City drivers get 34 reset

Depends. The e log where I work will let you drive after 14 when using the 16 exception. I don't think you can ever drive after your 14th hour.
Actually, even if you use your 16 hour exemption, you still can not drive more than 11. The 16 hour rule is for delays and such, not so you can cover more miles.

I think City drivers should have the choice wether to use the dot law of a 34 hour resart or the outdated rule of the 60 hour recap. This way you have the choice to work 60 hours a week if you want the overtime or not. Doing the recap will hinder your ability to max out on overtime. You get into a whole nother ballgame with line haul drivers because if they do the restart they are taking runs away from others. City drivers on the other hand overtime is a seniority thing. Senior drivers have always had the opportunity to have more overtime. This changes nothing on that aspect.

I actually make more money on recap. They either run your hours to the limit or run you short and put you to bed and leave you in motel til you pickup enough hours to run 8-10 hours. So you still bring in a 8hr pay and gain time back as well.

Actually, even if you use your 16 hour exemption, you still can not drive more than 11. The 16 hour rule is for delays and such, not so you can cover more miles.
Yep, I knew you couldn't exceed 11 drive, but I didn't think you could EVER drive past one's 14th hour. SAC corrected me:732: . You may go to 13 hours driving (but not over 14 on duty) for adverse conditions. And that don't mean a payment is late. But you may not use both in conjunction. Which, what the hell? Gotta be a 700 mile meet to not need more than one hour on duty, not driving.

UPS, non-scabs, are the ones fighting to get this allowed as on duty, not driving.
I use our "in yard" feature when at terminal. I log out "on duty" at my meet as it's not our property. We've plenty of yahoos that don't go on duty til they're hitting the street & drop, hook, fuel while on their 30. It's their ass when Johnny Law(yer) asks where is your yard time.

Yep, I knew you couldn't exceed 11 drive, but I didn't think you could EVER drive past one's 14th hour. SAC corrected me:732: . You may go to 13 hours driving (but not over 14 on duty) for adverse conditions. And that don't mean a payment is late. But you may not use both in conjunction. Which, what the hell? Gotta be a 700 mile meet to not need more than one hour on duty, not driving.
I’m actually not familiar with the adverse conditions one. I’ve only used the other one. Does seem dumb to let you over your 11 hours to 13 and then not let you go over the 14. Good stuff!

I’m actually not familiar with the adverse conditions one. I’ve only used the other one. Does seem dumb to let you over your 11 hours to 13 and then not let you go over the 14. Good stuff!
395.1 b 1 allows 13 driving but NOT past 14th hour. So perhaps you can go to 16, but I don't believe that to be the case. This would be why I thought one couldn't ever go over 14. I'll bow out now, I'm clearly a moron and just do what my ELD lets me.

395.1 b 1 allows 13 driving but NOT past 14th hour. So perhaps you can go to 16, but I don't believe that to be the case. This would be why I thought one couldn't ever go over 14. I'll bow out now, I'm clearly a moron and just do what my ELD lets me.
I had this issue pop up a few months ago. A co-worker of mine was 100% sure that even though I could go up to 16 hours on duty, I still couldn't go over my 11 hours of driving. I trusted his knowledge since he used to handle these issues at FedEx. I guess that I need to find out for sure. And maybe he deserves a :nut kick:
All of these examples that we are talking about shows how screwed up the laws are with all of the gray area. The laws should be more clear cut. Maybe the DOT likes all of this gray area and confusion, that way they can keep their revenue flow by writing us tickets.
I'm just a simpleton, and I could write these laws more clearly than these lawyers can.