Holland | City Driver's Running out of Hours !

409eefb694f0f4fa3fa3b6f8a659226a.jpg
New sign working well for hiring good driver's !!

What a great thread.
In Milwaukee city, Since Jan we have had 4 retire, 4 quit, and currently have 4 discharges waiting hearings. There are probably about 35 that can go anytime they are ready. And now we are about to enter work comp season. We are literally hiring anyone with a pulse.
I think pulse is negotiable. given how some of the guys who've been here 6 mos. have a seat at the pikinic table looking at their watches waiting for 14 hours. 3 14's a 10 and an 8. Then it's 8 and skate on Friday. and in a month or so, Dr. Winteroff will be accepting new patients.

What a great thread.

I think pulse is negotiable. given how some of the guys who've been here 6 mos. have a seat at the pikinic table looking at their watches waiting for 14 hours. 3 14's a 10 and an 8. Then it's 8 and skate on Friday. and in a month or so, Dr. Winteroff will be accepting new patients.
Dr. Winteroff , will be busy this year for sure , we had 2 driver's that for 25 years always went to see Dr. Winteroff about Nov or Dec , now they finally retired so he has 2 more appt. opening !!

Dr. Winteroff , will be busy this year for sure , we had 2 driver's that for 25 years always went to see Dr. Winteroff about Nov or Dec , now they finally retired so he has 2 more appt. opening !!
Good to know that you and I will be doing our part, and not seeing Dr. NoGoldfermee this winter....

Typical Friday , 20% of Driver's off and even in office 20% of staff off too , and 40% of Driver's out of hours by noon ,so all in all a pretty good typical Friday !!:crap:

Typical Friday , 30% of board out of hours and running guys over there 60 hours out on the road , one of these days they will get in a wreck and then let the lawsuits begin !!

YRCW slave work rules have infected Holland now , they won't hire nobody ,keep saying the same old B.S. there background check didn't pass, but starting all the bids a hour earlier to work you 60 plus hours a week !! YRCW theory is work them till they are dead and then don't have to worry about paying any pension !!

you have to ask yourself are they really trying to hire anybody or is this just a big B.S. story , and to work us till Death due us Part ???

To Funny ,one sure way to get off early on Friday's ,is most Driver's are out of hours by 3pm !! Gotta love it and all you can do is sit back & laugh !! Or in most case's SLEEP all wk-end !!

YRCW slave work rules have infected Holland now , they won't hire nobody ,keep saying the same old B.S. there background check didn't pass, but starting all the bids a hour earlier to work you 60 plus hours a week !! YRCW theory is work them till they are dead and then don't have to worry about paying any pension !!

there wont be a pension as-is, they only pay 25% and arent obligated to pay extra. i would like there to be a 401k match, non teamster 401k.

my opinion doesnt count for much but if our people had access to the money that they have accrued over decades of work when they had full contributions alot of them would be alot better off than they are currently. instead we have hoffa gambling the pension money away and sending our contributions to the democrat party. even with ONLY a "25% contribution" it would go a long way toward a viable 401k retirement. right now we have none of the above, 25% pension is -worthless-

Last edited:
there wont be a pension as-is, they only pay 25% and arent obligated to pay extra. i would like there to be a 401k match, non teamster 401k.

my opinion doesnt count for much but if our people had access to the money that they have accrued over decades of work when they had full contributions alot of them would be alot better off than they are currently. instead we have hoffa gambling the pension money away and sending our contributions to the democrat party. even with ONLY a "25% contribution" it would go a long way toward a viable 401k retirement. right now we have none of the above, 25% pension is -worthless-
So Hoffa is sending our contributions too the Democratic Party? Must be new driver lounge gossip for today.

Just curious, why do you state non teamster 401K? Do you think there is something wrong with the current 401K because it has Teamster in the name?