Holland | City Driver's Running out of Hours !

I to have been in the Teamster 401 for 20 years. Thank God I made that sacrifice in the beginning.
I have been in it around that long as well. Raised the contributions over the years as well and managed it myself. When the 07'-08' recession approached I diverted most into slow growth and weathered it ok.

You can go in and manage it. Suggested dividing it up into only 4 category's with 25% to each. Best return doing so and it lets you stay diversified enough to weather the market.

I would love a match from the company since the freeze ineffective killed what little now that the pension would have given. 25 yrs originally for $2500 month down to $1160 for 25 if I last that long or if the doors are open that long.. I already surpass that with the 401k.

But I had to sacrifice on the check even in the hard times we have the last 8 yrs..

Once all the Vet's start fading away; and that rate will increase over the next 18 months to 5 yrs (if we last that long) the driving school hires will still be wet behind the ears and this is the direction this company has set their course on. They can only blame themselves for letting it get to this point and once the Vet's are gone the work will not be done in the same manner as the Vetrans did it even with "time management" in effect.

Once all the Vet's start fading away; and that rate will increase over the next 18 months to 5 yrs (if we last that long) the driving school hires will still be wet behind the ears and this is the direction this company has set their course on. They can only blame themselves for letting it get to this point and once the Vet's are gone the work will not be done in the same manner as the Vetrans did it even with "time management" in effect.
Yep , these new driver school boys are really setting the standard for taking unlimited breaks and milking the clock , Holland os going to be so screwed in next few years as most senior driver's are saying F-it and Quitting & retiring early ! and funny part is management knows they are milking the clock and won't do nothing about it , because they can't hire nobody else ! pretty sad !

So last Friday Driver ran out of hours on road so had to go pick him and again Monday Driver over 14 hour on road so had to go get him ???? So Question is Management smarter than a 5th Grader ??:confused1:

Sounds like the late night advertising on red eye radio and serious xm isn't working out to well. Save the advertising money and raise the starting wage you morons.
Holland needs to do what has been suggested at YRC. Set up recruitment vans at the gates of Federal and state prisons when a lot of releases are planned. The standards have been lowered to the point where they would fit right in.

409eefb694f0f4fa3fa3b6f8a659226a.jpg
New sign working well for hiring good driver's !!
Oops....Loaded just a bit too heavy on the right side..

Holland needs to do what has been suggested at YRC. Set up recruitment vans at the gates of Federal and state prisons when a lot of releases are planned. The standards have been lowered to the point where they would fit right in.
Really? In 30 days ya can close the doors. There won't be any freight to deliver. They stole it all. von.

Really? In 30 days ya can close the doors. There won't be any freight to deliver. They stole it all. von.
But right NOW 30% of freight smashed daily & 30% miss loaded & 30% trapped cause of NO Driver's , so 10% is good for delivery and plus IF we hire work-release jail guys at lease they will show up for work daily too !

But right NOW 30% of freight smashed daily & 30% miss loaded & 30% trapped cause of NO Driver's , so 10% is good for delivery and plus IF we hire work-release jail guys at lease they will show up for work daily too !
Fresh out of the joint? I would make sure I would only be absent if admitted to a hospital. Jobs are to hard to find when you tell them you are a convicted felon. von.

Fresh out of the joint? I would make sure I would only be absent if admitted to a hospital. Jobs are to hard to find when you tell them you are a convicted felon. von.
We have at least 3 "CONVICTED FELONS" working for us right now as they can't go onto a military base or prison so us other guys have to take that freight and YES I did look them up on line and yes they have a FELON convictions ! but you get what you pay for and we are a bottom feeder company now so this is what we get !!

Not sure about your calculations, HATMAN says straight 15% will work, plus work releaser guys could wash and clean
the GOLD HOTEL after each trip.

We have at least 3 "CONVICTED FELONS" working for us right now as they can't go onto a military base or prison so us other guys have to take that freight and YES I did look them up on line and yes they have a FELON convictions ! but you get what you pay for and we are a bottom feeder company now so this is what we get !!

They could use BillyLo's forged TWIK card, problem solved

EGHTBFF.jpg

St Louis 2 skids of glass doors (2000 lbs per pallet) loaded on bars. Rear bar broke away and crushed everything beneath it. Why would you not just floor the doors and put the 200 lbs skids up? Oh yea all that freight on the floor is Graybar guarantee.

EGHTBFF.jpg

St Louis 2 skids of glass doors (2000 lbs per pallet) loaded on bars. Rear bar broke away and crushed everything beneath it. Why would you not just floor the doors and put the 200 lbs skids up? Oh yea all that freight on the floor is Graybar guarantee.
It almost looks like the skids tipped forward,Griz,because the numbskull loaded them on 2 bars,and no bar ahead of the long skids to keep them from going forward. And yes.that kind of weight on bars is total lunacy,along with stupidity.... saw same exact scenario at my terminal this week with heavy skids on 2 bars,and nothing to keep them from sliding forward and dropping between the bars. I have told management for a long time. Many Pure dock people do not understand how to properly deck freight up to ride intact. No time to train anyone though. Gotta have bill count,and load factor....

Very Low Morale and no training and nobody gives a :crap: anymore and Loads bars COST more in damage claims ,then just sending a 2nd trailer load !! R.I.P. 2019 ................................