ABF | City drivers

And in the old st. Louis road days a hooker and a 5th
And last but not least rich in Louisville he was nice to everyone thank the guy from California who fired him what a great guy hope u feel good about that !!!!!!!!! Climb that corporate ladder I hope you don't fall down

Funny you would come on here ranting when your terminal was a huge swing to a yes for the contract that allows these so called injustices. why didn't you talk about how you road drivers in Dayton hammered home this piece if crap contract. No cowboy you are just getting what was voted for at your barn. Don't blame city guys for your butt kissing vote total at your barn. Did you ever stop to think maybe the Teamsters that voted no now come to your yes voting terminal to get their seven percent that you Yes voters gave away? Maybe next time you start to vote yes you will remember that there are prices for our actions. As for you ever taking city work please start in cleveland. Hey look me up when you get there. Pm me and I will give you my name.YOUR BROTHER AWAYS!

UE guys working 4/10's would be finishing up on Friday morning about 7:00-8:00,.....and if our UE guy is anyone to go by, he's got about 50 hours on the clock. Doesn't leave a UE guy very much time to do a turn, being on a 60 hour city log.... unless he waits until 6:00 P.M. Saturday, to do a 34 hour re-start...............Cutting it kind of close for using city equipment and busy Monday mornings......Bro. Arkbestman must be referring to city EOL terminals who've accepted 4/10 city daylight bids,....who would finish up Thursday night, and are standing around Friday morning with nothing to do.......Can't be very many of them......Most terminals,....like ours,....have refused 4/10 bids, except for the UE ones that got forced down our throats. Any city driver running a road run on the weekend should be signing in on your IN/OUT sheet as a foreign driver,....it should be pretty easy to grieve any runaround of a domiciled driver. Someone not doing their job at your terminal? Your protection would be enough grievances on runarounds to make foreign city drivers doing turns on Saturday to make it unprofitable for the company. Don't forget, Brother,......It's the company offering this work,....guys just aren't jumping in trucks spontaneously.........

UE guys working 4/10's would be finishing up on Friday morning about 7:00-8:00,.....and if our UE guy is anyone to go by, he's got about 50 hours on the clock. Doesn't leave a UE guy very much time to do a turn, being on a 60 hour city log.... unless he waits until 6:00 P.M. Saturday, to do a 34 hour re-start...............Cutting it kind of close for using city equipment and busy Monday mornings......
Based on the differences between your operation and ours I surmise that the hours the UE's work during the week varies from terminal to terminal based on where they go. And remember while time on lunch and break is applied to one's work day for the 14 hour limit it does not apply to the weekly hours worked line in the log book. Infuse a little creative log work and viola enough time to run 500 miles on Saturday (Or 400 miles with a heap of drop and hooks). i e 50 hours mon-thurs minus 4 hours lunch and breaks and now they're down to 46 hours on duty time. Skip lunch and breaks on that road day and log the time for them and you got some more time on the road not logged as such. What they end up with is a maxed out pay check week in and week out.

Funny you would come on here ranting when your terminal was a huge swing to a yes for the contract that allows these so called injustices. why didn't you talk about how you road drivers in Dayton hammered home this piece if crap contract. No cowboy you are just getting what was voted for at your barn. Don't blame city guys for your butt kissing vote total at your barn. Did you ever stop to think maybe the Teamsters that voted no now come to your yes voting terminal to get their seven percent that you Yes voters gave away? Maybe next time you start to vote yes you will remember that there are prices for our actions. As for you ever taking city work please start in cleveland. Hey look me up when you get there. Pm me and I will give you my name.YOUR BROTHER AWAYS!
It sounds like a case of buyers remorse.

I don't understand how if there are available road drivers they don't get that work. How can an out of classification worker get priority over them?
If they are then the aggrieved driver should file on it and if they don't get satisfaction at the local level they can go around that. There are ways.
FYI they just finished 6 crossover bids to the road at 050. I think one guy signed it. So it sounds like they are going to hire 5 more.

I don't understand how if there are available road drivers they don't get that work. How can an out of classification worker get priority over them?
If they are then the aggrieved driver should file on it and if they don't get satisfaction at the local level they can go around that. There are ways.
FYI they just finished 6 crossover bids to the road at 050. I think one guy signed it. So it sounds like they are going to hire 5 more.
Supposedly by the time Saturday rolls around the board is exhausted and they are allowed to use other drivers. I do question who gets what since the city drivers are doing turns at close to maximum miles for a day. But then if they weren't offered gravy runs they wouldn't take the work. I have heard that on Saturday more city drivers run the road than road drivers do and I have not heard of a road Steward giving anyone a hard time about the practice.